No.2

Born To Love You

"Yah! How many times must I repeat myself for you to understand?! Get inside your house now or I slaughter you and eat you up!"

Old Man Hwang from the front of his house as his daughter yell at the chickens. A grin form before he laugh at her daughter silliness. It's funny seeing his daughter chasing the chickens back into their home and yelling at them. He watch as Tiffany stop and began to pant. Her eyes wonder around before finding a rock. She grab it and throw it at the chicken. This make Old Man Hwnag frown.

"Fany-ah!" He called with a firm tone. The girl turn around. Upon seeing her father, her frowning face turns into a smile as her eye-smile were shown.

"Stop hurting the animals." Old Man Hwang scold.

She pouted, crossing her arms to her chest. The need to roll her eyes at her father was control. She can't be rude to him. It's her father for goodness sake.

"I won't hurt them if they listen to me." She answer back, glaring at the hen which is cockily walking towards her.

Tiffany kick the hen before running to her father, hugging him tightly.

"Mianhae, Appa..." She apologise.

"Animals have feelings too."

"I know and I know they hate me. If oppa, Donghae-oppa was her..."

"Don't you dare say that useless name in my house and presence!"

Tiffany break the hug and took a step back. Old Man Hwang is angry and Tiffany know that but still Donghae is her brother. She can't afford to hate him. Is it a crime to marry someone who he loves?

"He's my Oppa, Appa."

"I never teach my children to elope with a girl. That girl destory our family. She poison my son. Even your mother funeral, they didn't attend."

Tiffany frown.

"No Appa, they did attend but you chase them away. You told them never to return until you die. It was you who did all of this. I know you care for Oppa but your ego is too big. They love each other. That's why they..."

"Is it a crime for them to tell us that they are marrying each other? I am still his father, Fany. But he, he elope... I..."

Tiffany hug his father tightly and place a quick kiss on his cheek.

"If it's make you feel better, I'm still single and waiting to be married." Tiffany joked but Old Man Hwang wasn't. He remember something that happen a few hours ago while he is at a coffeeshop.

 

 

 

 

"I knew it's a matter of time before you go insane, Mr Kim." Old Man Hwang voice out his opinon, shaking his head.

"I'm not. You should really get married."

"I'm old, Mr Kim. No females would want me."

"Well then, marry off your daughter, Tiffany then." Mr Kim was just giving a suggestion.

"Marry Fany off?"

"Yeah. Atleast then, you can relax when you're gone in the future because you know that someone will be looking after Tiffany. If your son were to return, Fany can't forever hang onto him."

"But my daughter is like a boy. Who would want to marry with her?"

"Don't say such thing about Tiffany. She's your daughter, Hwang. Even if she's like a boy, Tiffany is very nice and pretty in her own way. My wife told me that her eye-smile is a killer.... Use that to catch some fish."

Old Man Hwang didn't answer as he sip his coffee.

 

 

 

 

While the father and daughter were in Korea, across the world, the Lu's family were in a wedding boutique for tuxedo. Sohee was groaning at her seat. Luhan on the other hand was trying his best to control his annoyed expression as he walk out from the dressing room to present to his mother the new tuxedo. Seeing it, Mrs Lu frown.

"No, no, no, it's too simple. I can't have my son to wear something to plain and bleh..." Mrs Lu complain.

Luhan went in again to change and when he came out, Mrs Lu shake her head.

"No, change again! It's too classy. You like an old grandpa. Change it."

Luhan went in again to change and Mrs Lu had to commend. The owner of the shop was clearly piss but she held her tongue. As they say, customer is King.

"It's too bright. Too many colors... Change it..."

"UMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Sohee finally burst out in anger.

She grab her purse and clench onto it tightly. How she wanted to throw that rectuanglar object onto her mother for being such a prick.

"Umma, this is Oppa wedding. Not yours!" The anger pour out as she sounded her mother.

"Well I want my son to look gorgeous when he..."

"Oppa is an adult and he can chose his own outwear for his wedding. His taste is better than yours. So, please keep your opinon to yourself."

Mrs Lu open wanting to scold Sohee when the owner of the shop step in.

"Luhan, do you have any tuxedo that caught your eye?" She asked and Luhan nodded his head.

"The modern one. I'll take the modern one."

"Finally.... Can we leave now. I got school work to finish." Sohee whine, pulling his Oppa out of the shop.

Walking down the streets to the carpark, Sohee and Luhan began to talk.

"So, are you fine with this?" Sohee began to ask and Luhan nodded despite not knowing what the question is about.

"Do you even know what I'm talking about?" Luhan shake his head.

"The wedding. Your wedding with Ara unnie. You never even meet her before."

"It's fine, actually. I'm fine. That's why it's called arranged marriage..." Luhan tried to joke but it sound bitter.

"Bitter jokes... wow..." A sarcastic remark escape Sohee mouth.

"I'm serious, Oppa. Don't let Umma control you any furthur. This is your life and only you can lead it. Don't be Appa who blindly follows her. Do you want to live a life without any love? Umma can't do this to you. This is your marriage so it's not to late to stop it. For once, stand up for yourself."

Luhan could only smile. It's true to what his sister say but that is their Umma. The person who gave birth to them. He can't hurt his mother. He didn't want to be a bad child. But what Sohee say is true. And now, he's puzzled. Should he listen to what Sohee said or his Umma said. Or maybe his heart? But what is his heart saying?