Chapter Nine (edited)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Nine

Taking Care Of My Roommate

 

It was in the late afternoon when Luhan came back to his dorm carrying  a handful of books. Luhan went over to his desk and start to organize his desk for the semester. He looks to the side and see an old picture frame of him and his other 10 friends. Luhan chuckle as he remember the poor girl trying to take a picture of all of them.

A yawn came out of Luhan as his stretch out his arms and headed towards his bed. When he looks to the side he sees a picture on Daniel’s desk. He picks it up and looks at the two figures in it. Luhan notice one looks like him but the other doesn’t ‘I can see the girl being his sister but the guy looks totally different’ Luhan thought. He place the picture back down and sees more picture of the boy instead of the girl ‘Maybe it’s his boyfriend, he does act a little gay’ Luhan shakes his head.

Luhan rolls in bed hoping a few moments in bed will rejuvenate him. When Luhan looks at the clock next to his bed he saw couple of drinks next to it. Luhan straighten himself up and take a look at the drink. One had a sticky note attach. Luhan looks around him to see if anyone is around, he then reads the note out loud. “You and I are a lot alike. We need to make sure we have enough energy for tomorrow’s tryouts” Luhan slightly smile as he reads the name who gave them “Oh Daniel”

Luhan takes one of the drinks and consume everything. ‘I do feel a lot better’ Luhan thought. Just then Luhan phone rings making him take the call “Hey Kris, yeah hopefully she is there tonight” Luhan said and smiled.

“Meet down at the lobby” Kris replied and then hanged up.  He then got out of bed and quickly change into some nice clothes. Luhan went to the mirror and fixed his hair before heading out the door. Tonight Luhan is going to try and get the lady of his dreams.

Daniella was still passed out on her bed. However her head didn’t stop throbbing causing her to toss and turn a lot in bed. ‘Try and sleep, it will make you feel better’ Daniella thought but it wasn’t happening. Daniella remember her prom were she got heavily drunk and had a hug hangover the next day. ‘This is worse than prom’ Daniella said and tries to laugh a little.

Daniella takes out her phone and dials someone “Hello” The caller said.

“Oppa~” Daniella cried for.

“You stupid girl, don’ you know that I don’t speak Korean” Her friend Leo shouted through the phone.

“Sorry- ahh” Daniella cried.

“Daniella what wrong?” Leo turns around his personality, sounding very concern.

“I got hurt and now my head is killing me” Daniella whined.

“Take some simple pain reliever” Leo suggested.

Daniella opens her eyes and try’s to sit up. However Daniella vision was blurry and felt like the world was spinning. Daniella gives up and falls onto her back “I can’t see and my head is spinning” Daniella started to cry as she couldn’t take the pain anymore.

“Daniella just call for your roommate, I know he doesn’t like you but you need him at this time” Leo said and then hang up the phone.

Daniella turn on her side and calls out for Luhan “Luhan!” Daniella shouted but there was no response.  Daniella kept shouting his name over and over again until she started to lose her voice. When she called for Luhan it was like a soft whisper.

The light through the window started to fade when the sun disappears. Luhan finally comes back to his dorm and ruffles his hair of disappointment. Once again Luhan couldn’t see the girl we want to meet. Luhan sighs deeply and takes off his shirt and through it in the hamper. Luhan could hear deep breathing and then his name being called.

He looks up and walks up the stairs to Daniel bed. Half of her body is off the bed and she looks like she is barely hanging on. Luhan brush his bangs away and place his hand on Daniel forehead “ you’re burning up” Luhan said.

Luhan got a water bottle and some Advil extra strength and place it on Daniel night stand. Luhan helps Daniel sit up right, but she was so weak that she lean on Luhan chest. Luhan takes the medication and pops it in with water right after. Daniella kept going conscious to unconscious but she was able to swallow the medication.

“Sehun, I don’t feel good, sing me a song” Daniella pleaded. Luhan sighed ‘Who is Sehun? Could it be that boy in the picture frames’ Luhan thought, he then slowly help Daniel back into bed. Luhan went down stairs and got bowl and filled it with some cold water. When Luhan went back to Daniel he was crying “oppa sing me a song” Daniella cried.

Luhan takes the cloth and soaks it in cold water before placing it on Daniel forehead “Tao really did hurt you eh” Luhan said and Daniel nodded.

“Sehun I love you” Daniella said making Luhan eyes widen. ‘So Sehun is his boyfriend’ Luhan guesses. “Sing me a song” Daniella twisted and hug Luhan torso. Luhan stiffed and thought the only song his mother used to sing for him when he was sick. Luhan cleared his throat and swallowed hard.

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes

Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened

You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known

So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you

Luhan looks down and sees Daniel sleeping peacefully, her breathing went back to normal which relieved Luhan. However Daniella had a tight grip onto Luhan and she wasn’t letting go easily. Luhan looks down and Daniel and sees Daniel still cries when he sleeps. “You’re a man you shouldn’t cry so easily even if you’re gay” Luhan said.

Through out the night Luhan kept replacing the towel on Daniel head to keep his temperature down. But Luhan got exhausted and feel asleep next to Daniel. His head rested on the backboard of the bed, one arm was around Daniel should while somehow the other hand held onto Daniel.

When Daniella phone alarm rang she immediately sat up and look around. The towel fell down making her look at Luhan who was still asleep “Did he take care of me last night?” Daniella said out loud. She notice Luhan still had his arm wrapped around her waist. Daniella screamed causing Luhan to wake up and fall onto the side of the bed with Daniella.

Daniella was onto top of Luhan, her eyes widen and cheeks burn “What the hell, get off of me” Luhan shouted and pushed Daniella right off of him.

“You’re the one who was holding me” Daniella shouted back.

Luhan scoff and look the other way “That’s because you didn’t let me go and kept calling for your boyfriend Sehun to sing for you.

“W-what” Daniella was utterly shocked.

“Yeah you even said that you loved him” Luhan said and smirked “So your gay eh” Luhan said and walked down the stairs.

Daniella bite down on her lip and took her pillow and threw it at Luhan head “I am not gay and I have a girlfriend” Daniella shouted but Luhan just waved his hand as if he does not care.

“We are going to be late if we keep arguing whether you’re gay or not” Luhan said as he got his clothes together “I’m taking a shower, don’t you dare barge in. I am straight and I don’t need you getting turn on by looking at me” Luhan said making Daniella roll her eyes at Luhan comment.

Daniella then started to get her things together. She put her towel and water into the gym bag with other necessities. When Luhan stepped out of the shower he was just wearing a towel wrapped around his waist.  Daniella turn red at the site, she couldn’t help but be attracted.

Luhan flicked Daniella forehead making snap out of her daze and wince at the pain “I said not to look” Luhan said. Daniella growl and head to the washroom to take a quick shower. She even changed in there because Luhan could see her even at the top were her bed is. When she got out, she notice Luhan was not around and that her probably left.

Daniella got a text from Taemin to hurry up. Daniella look at her watch, she had 10 minutes to book it to the field. She grab her gym bag and her shoes and ran out the door as quickly as possible. ‘At least I’ am warming up’ Daniella thought as she continue to run. When she made it to the field the coach was not there yet making Daniella being on time.