Chapter Twenty- Eight(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty- Eight

Father and Daughter Relationship

 

After practicing, the team got changed and waited to watch a profession soccer team play. The big game was Portugal vs. Argentina, thousands of people were wanting to watch all over the world. The team watched and cheered on their favorites. Portugal won meaning that Daniella, Taemin and a few other won the bet.

“I told you Portugal would win” Daniella stuck out her tongue at Luhan, her eyes squinted as she . Luhan took hold of Daniella's tongue making her eyes widen “lleffttt gwoooo” Daniella whined and Luhan let go. Daniella playfully hit Luhan's chest, Luhan grabbed hold of Daniella's wrist. Both looked into each other’s eyes, the closeness made Daniella's heart beat faster Get away Daniella told herself.

Luhan bit his lip trying not to picture Daniella. He quickly let go and turned his head to the side, Luhan cleared his throat and rubbed the side of his neck. Why do Daniel and Daniella have to be identical twins? they look so much alike. Luhan thought as neither of them said a word to eachother. “We should head back to the bus, before we get left behind again” Luhan said.

“Y-yeah” Daniella stuttered, they walked to the bus not saying a word. Luhan walked through the aisle and saw an empty seat next to Lay. Daniella sat next to Taemin and kept silent. Daniella played with her thumbs as she reflected back on the situation. Maybe Luhan already knows. Daniella looked back to see Luhan's ears were bright red.

Everyone piled out of the bus once they reach the hotel. The plan was for the boys to meet in Taemin and Daniel’s room, play video games and order room service. Daniella laughed as she walked into the lobby with her friends, her eyes widen ed as she saw a familiar face.

Daniella made eye contact with the man, making him walks towards Daniella. “Why you are dressed like that? And why are you with all of these men?” Daniella's father started to ask questions. Daniella looked around sees his friends looking at her. She quickly took action and grabbed her father's hand and dragged him outside.

“I can’t believe you came to the hotel, I said that we would meet up at somewhere to talk” Daniella kept dragging her father away from the hotel. They wnt to a restaurant across the street from the hotel and sat at a table waiting for the waiter to bring water and menus.

“Why are you dressed as a boy?” Daniella's father asked.

“Well since you want to be in my life all of sudden I guess I should tell you” Daniella put down the menu. “Do you remember when we used to play soccer together?” Daniella asked. One of Daniella's greatest memories of her father was when her father taught her how to play soccer. Daniella’s father smiled as he remembered the good times they shared. “Well the school would not let me try out as a girl, they said I couldn't be as good as the guys. So I dressed as boy and tried out for the team. I made it and I helped win games. If you know me, then you will know how important it is for me to do this until the end” Daniella looked into her father's eyes and saw that he looked sincere.

“What does your mother have to say about this?” Daniella's father crossed his arms and raised one of his eyebrows. He didn't know what to make of the situation; he always told her to follow her dreams no matter what. It just so happened that Daniella's dream is making her dress like a boy.

“Mom doesn’t know, however I'm part of her club so she doesn’t care what I do as long I do her club activities” Daniella said as she gave puppy eyes hoping it would still work on her father. I really hope he doesn't tell mom. Daniella's thoughts where interrupted by the waitress. “I would like deep fried pickles and hot wings on the side, extra hot please.” Daniella gave the menu back to the waitress.  

“I will have a garden salad with chicken and a coke please.” Daniella's father ordered, he looked at his daughter and still saw the innocent girl he left in America years ago “You can’t always be a boy Daniella, the truth will come out soon. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“So what you’re saying is that you won’t tell mom?” Daniella smiled.

“Only because it’s your dream, and it’s not fair that they won’t let you play just because you’re a girl” Daniella's father nodded. Daniella was happy that he was able to see her point of view on things “How's you mother?” Daniella's father asked making her a bit uncomfortable.

“She's happy” Daniella looked down “Why didn’t you come back?” Daniella asked. This was something she always wanted to ask her father, and this was the moment she was going to get her answer. Daniella looked her father straight in the eye, she watched his movements to make sure he wasn't lying.

“I did come back, but you mother was already married. She was even willing to divorce just to be with me again, but your grandmother didn’t allow it. She didn’t want me to be with her since the beginning. You must now know how society works. I had no money and then I was new money in their eyes. Even with all the work I did, I was still unable to be with your mom. I accepted that; Now that I know that she's happy, I'm happy.” Daniella's father gave a sad smile. “Since you are here with me, there is something I always wanted to do with you” Daniella became more cheery.

“And what is that?” Daniella got all excited that she forgave her father.

“You will find out later” Daniella's father winked making Daniella cross her arms and pout. Soon the food came, making Daniella jump up and down in her seat. She her lips and went straight for the pickles. The ones I had with Luhan tasted better. Daniella thought, but she shook her head and continued to eat the food.

After dinner, Daniella's father went to go and get his car. Daniella waited patiently, she looks across the street and noticed Luhan on his phone He's probably talking to Suzy again. Daniella sighed. A black Porsche pulled over to the side. The windows rolled down “Daniella!” Daniella's father shouted getting her attention. Daniella stopped looking at Luhan and got into the car.

“Where are we going?” Daniella asked.

“Remember I said it's a surprise” Daniella's father winked. He drove into the middle of the city and parked by the curb. Both head into a building and took an old fashion elevator up, the doors opened showing a massive loft. “This is where I work, and I give you all rights to choose whatever clothes you want to keep” Daniella's father showed Daniella the racks of clothes hanging around.

“Hopefully you have something I would wear” Daniella smiled and started to go through the different clothes. She picked out a black t-shirt with the work geek on it and a red plaid skirt. Daniella wnr and changed, she came out to see her father holding a camera.

“Let’s take pictures of each other to remember the moment” Daniella's father said. Both took photos of one another and together, they made funny faces. Daniella posed like a model, she was shocked to see how good she looked. “I will send these to you over email” Daniella's father smiled.

“I had fun today dad, thanks” Daniella smiled and hugged her father. Her father hugged her back, he was happy that he was finally able to reconnect with his daughter. “Maybe you can come to Korea and watch the final game?” Daniella was hoping her father would go out of his way just to watch her.

“Anything for you” Daniella's father laughed making her laugh as well. “Look at the time, I should get you back to the hotel” Daniella's father drove Daniella all the way back to the hotel.

Daniella then realised that she was wearing girl’s clothes, she texted Taemin to make sure the room was cleared. When Daniella got the okay, she got into the elevator and headed to her room. Daniella took out the room key and unlocked the door.

“Daniella? What is she doing here?” Lay asked as he watch her go into Taemin room. ‘Wait, how? Does Daniel knows his sister is hooking up with Taemin’ Lay started to freak out. He dropped the ice bucket that he had been holding. “Daniella is Daniel” Lay put the two and two together.