Chapter Thirty-One(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Thirty- One

Winning the Bid

 

Daniella paced back and forth in the bathroom where the auction was taking place. Ever since she had confessed her feelings to Luhan, she has been on the edge waiting for him to call. When Daniella was Daniel she saw how Luhan's behaviour had changed at the dorm. Luhan looked like he was always in deep thought and it didn't seem like he was having that much sleep at night as well. Which only added to Daniella's concerns.

“Hey Daniella what are you doing in here? We have to get dressed, the auction will be starting soon!” Ashley pulled her friend out of the bathroom. They walked down the halls to the basement where all the other girls were getting dressed.

Daniella sat down on a chair while her friend Kayla did her makeup. “Honestly Daniella stop frowning or its going to permanently stick on your face.” Kayla joked trying to cheer up her friend. Daniella sighed and looked down “Hey I’m not done with your makeup, look at me.” Kayla put on the finishing touches. Kayla gave Daniella thick cat eyes and burgundy colored lips.

“Do you think Luhan is going to be here?” Daniella finally spoke up. Her friends gave Daniella sad eyes, they looked at her then to the side. Suzy was happily giggling with her friends. “It doesn’t look like Luhan broke up with her.” Daniella sighed heavily. “He's probably here and is going to bet on Suzy.” Daniella stood up and walked over to the stall to change.

“Maybe he didn’t find the right time to break up with Suzy yet. . . And I’m sure you will get a handsome guy who will bet on you” Ashley said soothingly hoping it would help Daniella. Daniella stepped out of the stall in her all black dress with a long slit down the side. Daniella was wearing the dress that Luhan had chosen for her.

Daniella looked the opposite to everyone else. The girls had prom like dresses on, big and puffy. Full of lace, jewels and bright colors. Daniella wore a simple long sleeved black dress with a slit running down the side. Her makeup was dark and y, it looked like she was a model, not like she was going to prom.

Daniella walked out of the girls changing room, but as she did everyone stopped talking to one another and just stared at Daniella. Her and a few girls stood at the back curtain waiting for their name to be called. Once they were called on stage Mrs. Oh would say the girl's name and start off the bidding. The bidders were allowed to bid on as many girls as they want, however once they had won a bid they weren’t allowed to bid on any other girl.

Daniella was up next, she slowly walked through the curtain and went up on stage. Daniella stood in the middle, she waved at everyone and shouted “Please bid well!” Making everyone in the audience laugh. Daniella looked through the crowd in front of her, and she spotted a familiar face. She smiles and winks at the guy who stood with the rest of the men waiting to start biding.

“Alright everyone, this is my daughter Oh Daniella” Mrs. Oh said,the crowd clapped. “Alright, Alright let’s start the bidding at $100.” Mrs. Oh said and there were already two hands up. Mrs. Oh called the first number she saw “You sir number ten” Mrs. Oh said. Daniella looked at the paddle that said number ten.

Daniella's heart dropped as she saw the holder of the paddle. Luhan. Daniella called in her head. Mrs. Oh continued with the bidding, she saw Taemin beating Luhan's bid. Luhan stared at Taemin and kept raising his paddle making the bid go up and up. Daniella bit her lip, she wanted Taemin to stop bidding on her and just let Luhan win the bid.

When Luhan laid eyes on Daniella when she came out from the curtains, he couldn’t believe what she was wearing. She bought the dress I chose. Luhan thought. She took his breath away, the way she walked onto the stage and smiled to the audience, her smile made his heart skip a beat. She is one of a kind. Luhan chuckled at the comment she made.

When the bidding started he didn’t know what came over him but his hand just raised making him bid on Daniella. Luhan looked into Daniella's eyes, he felt like the whole world had stopped for them. He heard the bidding go up making him loose Daniella. Luhan put his hand up and looked at his competitor and glared. Taemin. Luhan growled in his head.

The bid was at $5,000, making Daniella and Mrs. Oh speechless. Taemin didn’t even have enough money to bid $100, however he knew that Luhan had more than enough. Taemin only continued to raise his paddle to increase the bid, so that the club would have enough money. Taemin stopped at $5,000 making Luhan win the bid.

“Congratulations paddle number ten on winning Daniella as your date. You can pay the man over there and talk to Daniella about your arrangements.” Mrs. Oh said as Daniella stepped off the stage. Daniella went back to the changing room to change.

Suzy heard about Luhan bidding on Daniella and winning. She was absolutely speechless, Luhan was supposed to bid on her and win. Suzy went up to Daniella and slapped at her across the face making Daniella's head turn “How could you steal Luhan from me?” Suzy shouted at Daniella.

“Relax, I didn’t steal Luhan from you. First off he was the one who bid on me, and I didn’t tell him to!” Daniella yelled back “Tell me Suzy, what if someone came half way across the world bid on you today? What if that guy out there is the true man you have feelings for?” Daniella said leaving Suzy confused.

“Suzy you're up!” One of the staff yelled to get Suzy up on stage.

Suzy was confused, she didn’t know Daniella who talking about, Luhan? Suzy went up on stage her mind was still blank. Then she heard someone shout “$3,000” Suzy looked at the audience, she noticed Sehun looking at her with a smirk.  Suzy looked around hoping someone would out bid Sehun bit.

“Paddle number seventeen congratulations, please pay the man on the side. You can talk to Suzy about the date, now let’s move on to the next girl.” Mrs. Oh continued on with the auction. Suzy watched Sehun as he walked to the side of the stage and payed the man. Suzy wnt down the stairs and walked towards Sehun.

Sehun noticed Suzy staring at him with watery eyes “Suzy” Sehun called her name. Suzy then slapped Sehun across the face. “I probably deserve that.” Sehun rubbed the side of his face. Luhan walked over and so did Daniella “So I won your girlfriend and you won my little sister.” Sehun laughed but no else found it funny.

“So what’s going to happen tomorrow?” Luhan questioned but no one said a word. “I guess I will pick you up tomorrow at your place around noon?” Luhan turned to Daniella.

Daniella smiled and nodded. “How about we go on a double date? Since Luhan and I are coming from the same school dorm. Luhan can drive me and we can pick up the two of you. How does that sound?” Suzy turned to Luhan who rubbed his neck awkwardly.

“Uhh yeah” Luhan muttered.

Daniella felt like Luhan was still wrapped around Suzy's little finger. I thought you were going to fix things. Daniella asked herself. Daniella was now upset, she thought everything was coming into place but it seemed like they had taken two steps back. Luhan why? Daniella started walking towards the table full of snacks.

“Are we seriously going to go on a double date with a couple?” Sehun was next Daniella, who was putting food onto her plate.

“I guess we are Sehun” Daniella sighed and Sehun walked away ruffling his hair with frustration.

Taemin came over and his eyes widened when he saw the amount of food on Daniella's plate. “Hey did you see what I did there with Luhan?” Taemin nudged Daniella winked.

“Yeah, sure I got a date with Luhan” Daniella rolled her eyes. “Also with Sehun and Suzy as well” Daniella said causing Taemin to be confused. Taemin left his mouth wide open as his eyebrows furrowed. “Suzy suggested that we go on a double date. Not sure if it is to keep an eye on me to make sure that I don’t sway Luhan or whatever.” Daniella walked to an empty table and Taemin sat next to her.

“Luhan doesn’t love Suzy, look at him.” Taemin pointed to Luhan. He was sitting at a table with Suzy who was holding tightly onto his arm. Suzy was chatting with her friends making Luhan yawn from totally boredom. “See when he is with you his eyes light up and he has a genuine smile on his face.” Taemin stated.

Daniella knew it, she could see it too. Taemin knew it too along with everyone else. Daniella and Luhan should be together because they make each other happy, not like Suzy and Luhan it's clear to anyone that he isn't happy with her. “Don’t worry, Sehun is going to help me and hopefully I can convince Luhan to break up with Suzy.” Daniella smiled as she looked at Luhan. Luhan saw her smiling and waved at her, she waved back.  


Hey Everyone I just want to talk about some things

First off, sorry for the lack of updates these past couple of weeks. I have been really under the weather and then last week I got these huge migraines making me unable to look at the computer. This week I actually got sick with sore throat, with horrible pain. Today I have been having constant vomiting and diarrhea making me think I have a stomach flu.

Secondly I’m sorry for my style of writing. I rush through all my writing trying to make fast updates for everyone. I make simple mistakes that I don’t realize when I re-read the chapter. I know this may be the cause of sudden drop of Subscribers.

I want to thank everyone who has made it this far with me.

Lastly during my sick period, I have been able to write short summary of each chapter. I have finish writing everything in my journal. Letting everyone know that that I have about totally of 50+ Chapters including the ones I have already wrote (Chapter 31)  

I hope to hear your thought on what you think of this chapter. Also what do you think is going to happen on the double date???

PSS: What do you think about the new poster? Do you prefer the old one better?