Worst Heartbreak

His Wedding

 

 

typos ahead, sorry

 


 

 

 

The next day, Baekhyun found himself seated at the hall where Jongin was about to perform as the representative of the Dance Club in the Univeristy. He was nervous and expectant. Should he be nervous? It is not as if he’s the one going to perform right? It’s Jongin, his best friend. As best friend he should support Jongin and cheer for the younger.

 

 

After a bunch of performance from the various club and organizations, it was now Jongin’s, or most of the studes in the university call him, “Kai”, turn to perform. The emcee called his name out and on cue, Kai showed up on the stage, sporting a grey baggy pants and a light blue black beater, of which necklines were hanging low, almost showing his entire chest.  Confidence and y aura radiating off of him.

 

This was the usual ‘Kai’, the dancing machine, charismatic, fierce, and y. Those characteristics of Kai weren’t the reason why he fell in love with the younger. It was the younger’s childish whining, boisterous laughter, and his playful behaviour. “You’re such a kid..Kkamjjong in.” As he remembered how he teased the younger. And Jongin would reply back mocklingly a ,”But you’re smaller.”

 

Their friendship was stronger than any tight bonds. It could not even be moved by the strongest earthquake and tidal waves that would pass by them. He would be Jongin’s best friend forever.

 

No matter how he’d wanted to be more than that to Jongin, he could not. He could not risk their friendship. He’d chosen to be a martyr being a friend to Jongin, even though his heart was jaded every time he saw the younger with his lover.

 

Even if he was just a friend, a best friend to Jongin’s eyes. Baekhyun would be willing to stay on that position.

 

Bitter as it could be, Baekhyun accepted that. It might have hurt, but he believed as time flew by, he’ll be numbed to feel pain anymore. But neither did he know, other part of his mind said otherwise.

 

 

Before Kai was set to perform on the stage, he stood there beaming, and proud. He held the mic on his right hand as he mustered his confidence to speak up. “This dance, I dedicate to my best friend, Baekhyun.” He paused as he flashed the said male a toothy grin.

 

And again, Baekhyun was blinded by Kai’s smile. Hearing that the dance was for him, something warm swelled in his chest. He felt special to the younger in a way, friendly, brotherly-like special kinda way. How’d he wish we was special in that way to Jongin. But he knew he couldn’t, and again he convinced himself to be satisfied with that.

 

“And also to my boyfriend, Kyungsoo.” Kai finished his words as he replaced the mic on the stand.

 

Baekhyun did not fail to notice the fond gaze Jongin gave his lover. There he was seated beside his best friend’s boyfriend. The smiles his best friend, gave to his boyfriend was sweeter and loving than that he gave Baekhyun. How stupid of him to believe that Kai would dance solely for him. If in any circumstance, the younger would always put his lover before Baekhyun. He was jealous, he never denied that.

 

It was amazing how Jongin could brighten up his mood in one moment, and how the younger could drop it down seconds later.

 

 

Baekhyun did not choose to love Jongin, nor did he choose to get hurt in the entire process.

 

 

Few minutes later a hyper beat music boomed inside the entire hall, Let Out The Beast by EXO was playing. The beat was nice and catchy. It surely was a good choice of song to match the power dancer skills of Kai.

 

There goes Kai dancing his heart out in front of hundreds of people, his eyes were blazing with fire as he move to the beat of the song. His hips, his hands, and his body moved smoothly as possible. His fluid movements blended perfectly to the tune of the song.

 

Everyone was awestricken and amused as they witnessed before their eyes, a talented lad dancing like it was his last. Students were cheering, ‘Kai, ‘Kai’, most of the girls were screaming at the top of their lungs in support to the dancer. Those cheers made Kai felt proud, it even add to his oozing confidence.

 

Kai’s moves were pure seductive and y. Every buck of his hips was show-stopping, every chest pops were amazing. His hands were gliding smoothly mid-air. When he dances, time seemed to stop for him. He was too engrossed in giving a breath-taking show. He was focused on his goal: to give the crowd the show of their lives. Honestly, he never failed to give them that, if he was the best dancer from the bunch.

 

“Kai’s the best dancer”, Baekhyun bragged to no one in particular. The younger male was passionate in his dance. He practiced a lot, and if you were to ask Baekhyun, watching Kai’s fluid movements, those exhausting practice session and the sweats he excreted off his skin, weren’t useless. Look at Kai now, he was perfect. He was born to dance.

 

The performance was over, and Baekhyun found himself dragged to the backstage by Kai’s boyfriend, doe-eyed male named Do Kyungsoo. The boy was squirming in delight and excitement, he wanted to congratulate his boyfriend and just hug and kiss him. He let the boy took him to the back stage, without any hesitation. He wanted to see Jongin too and congratulate him.

 

They met Jongin at the entrance to the back stage, the male has already changed from his sweat-drenched clothes he wore earlier. “Hey Jongginie.” Kyungsoo waved his hands for Jongin to see them.

 

Jongin beamed at the recognition of the two people close to his heart, his boyfriend and his best friend. He lunged forward to give his boyfriend a bone-crushing hug and the doe-eyed male hugged him back just as tight. Then kissing came next.

 

Baekhyun felt uncomfortable seeing the couple make out in front of him. Not only that, he wasn’t used to seeing his best friend kissing his/her boyfriends before.­ ­He wasn’t that stupid to hurt himself even more. He wasn’t a masochist.

 

After the kiss the two pulled away from each other and noticed Baekhyun’s presence, Baekhyun coughed softly a­s he made his presence known. He then received an embrace from his best friend, he hugged him back and said, “You did great, Kkamjongin.” And he playfully ruffled the younger’s hair earning a childish whining from the younger.

 

 

“Oh, Baek, join us with Kyungie for dinner tonight.” Jongin invited him for a dinner. “And I’m gonna say something special and important to you as my best friend. Without waiting for any reply from Baekhyun, he slung his left arm over his best friend’s shoulder while his right hand was interlaced with his boyfriend’s.

 

The three headed to a fine-dining restaurant to enjoy some bountiful dinner. It was a Japanese restaurant known to its expertise in satisfying any food connoisseur's taste buds. As soon as they arrived, they took their seats on a table for four at back of the restaurant near the window.

 

Baekhyun was seated in front of his best friend with Kyungsoo at his side. The waiter took their orders earlier and in a record time, the meal was served at the table. Shabu shabu, tempura, udon, tempura and matcha drink to accompany the dishes, were looking delicious to the hungry eyes of the three, mostly Jongin who was tired from his performance.

 

“Let’s eat, Kyungie, Baek!” Jongin chirped as he took the two chopsticks in his hands and handed the other one to his boyfriend. Baekhyun also grabbed the remaining utensil. Then the three enjoyed the mouth-watering taste of the Japanese cuisine served before them.

 

The food was delicious, but Baekhyun could not bring himself to enjoy the dinner. It wasn’t because he did not like the food. Maybe because, he lost his appetite seeing how lovely and adorable the cute couple in front of him was.

 

They soon finished eating and Jongin was complaining that his stomach hurt from eating too much. Kyungsoo loving patted Jongin’s cheeks and the latter pouted. Baekhyun was happy seeing the couple happy, lovey-dovey sweet.

 

But that entire time, he was crying deep inside him. Why couldn’t he be the one to hold and kiss Jongin like Kyungsoo did? He was hurt, and believe it or not, inside he was sobbing. He could feel his eyes wet, warm liquid building up, he could not cry in front of the couple. He lifted his head up and held it at that position, his chin up. He pressed his eyes tightly and shut them close to stop the tears from flowing out. To his relief, his tears dried down. He breathed out heavily.

 

“Hey, Baek. I think it’s time to tell you the important news.” Jongin started a serious conversation as he was looking into his best friend.  His boyfriend, Kyungsoo had his head resting on his boyfriend’s shoulder.

 

“What is it, Kkamjongin. Spill!” Baekhyun replied as he was expectant and all ears to what his best friend had to say.

 

“We’re getting married Baek, Kyungie and I are on our last year in University. The wedding will be after the graduation.” Jongin said as he took his boyfriend’s hand on his hold and kissed it gingerly. Kyungsoo was giggling at the sweetness of his boyfriend.

 

 

Jongin..getting married? He’s marrying Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun had to stop for a moment to process every words Jongin had said. It took him a while to understand his best friend's words. Then, realization hit him. He choked on his own saliva. The tears he held back earlier came back. This time he was not able to hold it any longer. Warm tears flowed down his cheeks.

 

His tasted the salty taste of his own tears as it came into contact with his lips. Thoughts of Jongin getting married hurt him so much. And now, it was turning into reality. For Jongin it was a dream come true. On the contrary, it was Baekhyun’s worst nightmare.

 

It was a nightmare he never wished to have. He wanted to be saved, but no one could save him. Ever. The only person he thought who could do that, was the same person who caused this nightmare.

 

Jongin noticed Baekhyun crying. Why are you, crying Baek? He thought. At the sight of crying Baekhyun a pang of hurt crept inside him. How he wanted to wipe those tears off the elder’s face. How’d he loved to comfort him, hug him. But he did not know how to, he did not even know why the said male was crying. “Baek, why are you crying?”

 

Kyungsoo was also confused on why Baekhyun was crying. He pieced two and two together. . He inwardly cursed. Baekhyun was in love with Jongin. He’s in love with his best friend. He concluded.

 

“A-ah, I’m okay J-jongin. I’m happy for you.” Baekhyun blurted out and he stood up from his seat and excused himself to leave. He ran away from Jongin. But his heart was left with the younger.

 

Jongin wanted to chase after Baekhyun, but Kyungsoo held him in place.

 

“Stay, Jongin. Let him. He needs space.” Kyungsoo convinced Jongin. He contemplated on telling Jongin about his recent discovery. But he decided he’d better not. He did not want to lose Jongin. He loved him so much.

 

Jongin could only sigh as he was thinking of any reason why his best friend cried and left. No matter how hard he think and squeezed some thoughts out of his brain, nothing. Nothing came into his mind. He was clueless, as always.

 

 

 

That night Baekhyun sobbed all night long. Cursing how cruel life was and how stupid his heart was. His heart jaded, and shattered, yet still beating. “Why are you hurting me Jongin? Why does it hurt? And why can’t you notice..why can’t you notice that I’m in love with you.”

 

 

Baekhyun was in love. But the one he loved did not love him. True, some people were fated to fall in love with someone. However, that someone they fell in love with was fated to love another person. What a twisted and complicated life. Cruel. Is this how fate played on poor souls like him?

 

 

Baekhyun couldn’t even answer the questions he asked himself.

 

 

 

 

I should forget, yeah. I should.

 

 

 


A/N:

 

kaibaek plsss..

ayo there, thanks for reading this fic..le waves..

pls comment some, i'd love to read them xD