Scheme

His Wedding

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

I have to keep Baekhyun away from Jongin.

 

 

Negative thoughts were clouding Kyungsoo’s mind since that day he heard those three meaningful words from his boyfriend. He had decided to act against it. He had to do something that could save Jongin from being taken away from him. He knew very well that he can’t win over Baekhyun.

 

And so he planned things out. He had come up with a scheme that he knew would only benefit him. He did not care about two people’s hearts that would be hurt from his rash decision. He’d become selfish. He’d become blind with his love for Jongin.

 

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself as he began to knock on the door.

 

He heard Baekhyun say, ‘come in’, and opened the door. He saw Baekhyun staring back at him flashing him a warm smile. Why am I playing with him? He is such a nice friend? He rethought of the things he had in mind. He wasn’t that bad to use Baekhyun at his advantage. He just needed to keep the elder at bay for his and Jongin’s relationship to remain stable.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo-yah!” Baekhyun greeted him as he was waving a hand at the said male. He motioned the guest to seat at the couch in front of his work desk.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun. Hope I am not disturbing your work.” Kyungsoo said as he moved his way to the couch and seated himself comfortably.

 

“Nah, I needed a break anyways. So what brought you here?” Baekhyun stood up and headed to the couch where Kyungsoo was seated. He sat beside his unexpected visitor. He tried his best to stay at peace and calm at the sudden visit. It was the first time the younger had paid him a visit since the latter and Jongin became official couple. So it bothered him a bit, may be a lot, knowing the visitor was the boyfriend of his beloved.

 

“I need your help, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo said softly as he stared at the said male intently.

 

 

 

Why is he needing my help?

 

 

“What is it?” Baekhyun casually asked as he stared at the doe-eyes male intently.

 

 

“I need you to stay away from Jongin.” Kyungsoo said firmly without hints of hesitation from his voice. His voice did not quiver. He stood up for his own words and act. Because, more importantly he stood up for his one true love.

 

But was it justified to hurt others to keep what you deemed yours? Kyungsoo did ask himself that. But he refused to acknowledge it. He decided, firmly.

 

 

After hearing those words from Kyungsoo, Baekhyun did not know how to react. Why is the younger telling him to avoid his best friend? He asked himself inwardly. He was about to speak up, when the younger beat him to it.

 

“I knew about your feelings for Jongin. You can’t love him, Baekhyun. You can’t continue to love him. We’re getting married. I need you to cut your ties with him. Stay friends with him but just go someplace else where you can forget about him. Please, Baek. I am doing you a favor here.”

 

If Baekhyun’s eyes could go any wider, it was right at that moment. How could Kyungsoo know about his hidden love for Jongin? Was he that easy to read? Then it hit him, Kyungsoo might have known it when he cried after hearing the news that Jongin was getting married. Who would be a good friend to sob after hearing that your best friend’s getting married, which was a good news? No one right. He continued with his self-talk long enough he did not notice that Kyungsoo had left without a word.

 

 

Baekhyun could feel the pain caused by Kyungsoo’s words, straight through his heart. He felt like he was stabbed with knives. Still breathing and alive but aching and bleeding inside. The pain was horrible and unbearable. But this time, Baekhyun did not cry.

 

 

 

Another two weeks had passed by, and Baekhyun and Jongin had never seen each other. Sure there were calls and text messages daily, but those were short and just casual.

 

 

Jongin was having such a bad luck today, he slept on his class, flanked two of his quizzes, and Kyungsoo was nowhere to be found. He was used to having his boyfriend around. He always trailed after him and vice versa. He was a very clingy boyfriend, but Kyungsoo loved it.

 

He tried calling Kyungsoo’s number but it was out of reach. Just when he was about to go home, he saw the male walk out from the faculty room. He cocked his head, with his brows creased. He was eyeing his boyfriend quizzically.

 

“What are you doing in the teacher’s lounge, Soo.” Jongin jogged over to where Kyungsoo was and gave the latter a chaste peck on his forehead.

 

“I was just asking if we how your grades and mine were doing. They said they were just fine, enough for us to graduate.” Kyungsoo smiled at his boyfriend tenderly.

 

All Jongin could reply was a nod. His boyfriend was really serious about their relationship. He should be too, right? But he just couldn’t. He asked himself a thousand times before, but just couldn’t find a sane answer. Was it because he wasn’t sure of it all? Jongin continued his inner battle with himself. In the end, he failed, as always.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had decided.

 

 

He took his luggage from under his bed and readied it at the door way.

 

Today he was leaving for Japan. He chose to leave the country to forget about Jongin, the company helped a lot. His promotion was just in time. The job needed him to lead one of their site in Tokyo. He was prepared for this kind of promotions. He knew too well he’d become busy, but that’s a good help if his entire plan was to escape.

 

With one last check, he eyed himself in the mirror and fixed his hair casually. He took his coat with his right hand from the hanger and dragged himself out of the room tugging his luggage with his left.

 

Baekhyun had to do this. He needed to. With one last look at his house, he turned his heels and walked away.

 

 

 

 

Jongin felt like something was different today. It was almost a month he had seen his best friend. He was off from school now as he heading to the bus stop. He wanted to see his Baekhyun-hyung right now. “Ah, let me call him.”

 

He fished his phone from his pocket and quickly unlocked the screen. He fumbled with his phone for a while before he brought it close to his ear. Baekhyun answered at the third ring.

 

“Hyung..”

 

“Hey, Kkamjong?” He heard Baekhyun from the other line.

 

“Where are you? Can you come with me? I want to see you. You missed me too. Haven’t you?” Jongin teased the elder. He always did it with him and the latter would just give in to his antics.

 

“I can’t, Jongin.. Sorry.” He could sense the sadness in the elder’s voice. His heart quickened. Is something wrong? He asked inwardly.

 

“Why hyung? Are you sick?” He asked worriedly.

 

“I’m not. I’m at the airport,, I’m going to Japan for work.”

 

“When are you coming back?”

 

“I don’t know..maybe six months, one year. I’m not sure.”

 

“What?! Why didn’t you tell me such important decisions hyung. I’m not a kid anymore.” Jongin said a bit irritated for not knowing about the elder’s decision. His heart was throbbing so fast. His fear of not seeing the elder every day just grew stronger. He would miss him. He really would.

 

“On what flight are you? What time are you boarding, hyung?”

 

Would he survive without him?

 

”KE 5711, In about forty-five minutes.. Jongin..”

 

Without a word, he hailed a cab and rushed to the airport. It took him almost thirty five minutes to arrive at the airport. He looked for all the flights flying to Japan. He checked each one of the flights scheduled that day.

 

Each stride he walked came with a heavy beat of his heart. Never in his life had he felt like this. He feared that he might not be able to see him again. He still love the elder.

 

He was in love with Baekhyun. He can’t lose him.

 

 

 

Fortunately, he was able to find the flight where Baekhyun was booked for. He headed over to the check in counter and asked. “Where’s the boarding for flight KE5711?”

 

 

 

“Sir, we’re sorry. Flight No. KE 5711 has just departed few minutes ago.”

 

 

That’s it. Jongin’s gaped open and his knees weakened. He almost dropped down to the floor. He was in pain.

 

 

He was too late.

 

 

Baekhyun had left. He wasn’t able to see him leave.

 

 

It was safe to say that day, Jongin went home with a broken heart. The only thing he could do now was just hoped that Baekhyun would be back soon.

 

 

Not knowing, it was all Kyungsoo behind all these.

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

 

sorry for the late update, anw, i needed to fasttrack now. LMAO i think we're half the story now..

oh lord, was that a mean move from Kyungsoo.?

dont hate him lol, jk

bye for noww..till next update