Insecurity

His Wedding

 

 

sorry for typos if there's any
 


 

 

 

 

 

The weather was warm that day, the sun shone brightly against the curtains on the window. Sounds of birds chirping were audible from a distance.

 

But why did Kyungsoo felt cold and empty. Strange, he thought. He needed some warmth, he needed a hug from Jongin. With eyes still sleepy and closed, he lazily rolled over to the side where Jongin usually slept, but a cold sheet greeted him.

 

He panicked and immediately pressed his elbows onto the mattress and sat himself up, he was still . A pinked shaded spots blossomed on his cheeks, as thoughts from the last night hot session visited him. He smiled a bit. But not too wide.

 

Then it hit him.

 

Last night was the greatest night they have shared. Jongin made love to him. That’s what he thought, until he heard those words from Jongin.

 

 

 

I love you. Baek.

 

 

Short and simple yet meaningful words.

 

 

His heart stung.

 

 

Something worse than anger bubbled in Kyungsoo, he fisted his hands and grasped the sheets tightly. His palms was blanching at the forceful grip. The veins on his forehead were engorged and visible. He was angered. Really. Not only with Jongin but Baekhyun too.

 

He gritted his teeth as he clenched his fist rather tightly. He needed to release this anger. He stood up from the bed and grabbed a piece of towel wrapping it around his waist. Where did that bastard go? He asked himself, wondering where his boyfriend was.

 

He walked inside the bathroom to clean himself up. He splashed some cold water on his face and neck. He did not flinched at the coldness, he was numb because of pain to feel anything now. Add his boiling anger to that.

 

He eyed himself in the mirror. “Am I not enough, Jongin-ah? I loved you, gave everything to you? Why” A tear drop slid down his face. He breathed out heavily as he was balling his fist, he could feel his nails digging into his palms. Thankfully, it did not bleed.

 

He continued to inspect himself in the mirror. He was beautiful, his lips are pretty, and his doe-eyes were beautifully shaped and attractive. His skin was pale, but not too pale like a corpse’s one. Over all, he was strikingly attractive and gorgeous. He thought to himself. He wasn’t conceited, he was just telling the truth.

 

Maybe that was what Jongin saw in him.

 

Something akin to insecurity struck him. Baekhyun was gorgeous and beautiful, his voice was soft and cute, his skin was pale too and his lips were pink, luscious and plump. He was perfect. If he wasn’t in love with Jongin, may be he would ask him out too.

 

 Maybe Jongin, saw Baekhyun prettier than him. Or so he thought to himself.

 

“He just wanted me for my body. He doesn’t love me, He loves Baekhyun?!!” He bitterly said begrudgingly.

 

Endless streams of tears flowed down heavily. It felt good to cry. But it never felt good to be hurt. He wasn’t a masochist to start with.

 

Kyungsoo did not wail or sobbed loudly. He cried silently hoping everything was just a bad dream and soon he would be out of there.

 

 

 

 

 

Flashes of what happened last night invaded Jongin’s thought. “Stupid!” He hissed as he was pulling his hair in deep frustrations. “Why did I say that? Did he hear me say that I love Baek? I ed up big time.” He groaned in frustration and headed towards the refrigerator to get some drink.

 

It wasn’t his intention to say those words, let alone to say it to Kyungsoo. Now, he knew Kyungsoo heard him and wasn’t sure how to face him. He hated himself for hurting the elder. He did not want to hurt him. But he did.

 

What’s done is done.

 

 

Should I apologize to him? He asked himself.

 

“Idiot, of course you have too.” He said to no one but himself.

 

 

Jongin nodded to himself as he walked back into his room. He let out a deep sigh as he stepped into the room. Usually, soon as he entered the room, there would a flippant doe-eyed male running towards him. But not today. He knew it, Kyungsoo heard him and he hurt the elder so badly.

 

He scanned the four-cornered room, but Kyungsoo was nowhere in sight. He checked to see if his clothes were still there. Yes, they were still lying on the floor, discarded. He began his steps towards the bathroom. The door swung open and he was greeted by a fragile looking male.

 

The elder’s eyes were red and puffy, filled with tears. His nose was red from excessive crying. He was sniffing, silently. Jongin felt his heart broke at the sight of the male in front of him. He wanted to run to him, hug and kiss him. But, as always he did nothing.

 

Kyungsoo noticed someone’s presence. He was sure it was Jongin. He regained his composure and stood straight. He splashed some amount of water onto his face, to hide his frail look. He did not want sympathy from Jongin. What he wanted was something too much to ask for. What he wanted was something Jongin could not give him.

 

All he ever wanted was his love. For Jongin to love him for who he is.

 

He let out a deep sigh as he walked out from the bathroom, but Jongin was blocking him. He gave the younger a weak stare.

 

“K-k-kyung..” Jongin stammered, unsure of what to say or do.

 

Kyungsoo did not say anything, he still wasn’t in the mood to talk to him. He needed some time and some space. He held up a hand to signal him to stop talking, even though he barely give him the chance. He didn’t mean to be rude. He wasn’t just ready to talk to him, for now.

 

But Jongin was persistent. “Kyungsoo, I’m sorry.”

 

“Stop, Jongin. Don’t apologize. You don’t have to. I’m fine. I was crying because my back hurt. We've been rough last night.” He said nonchalantly as he walked past the younger male.

 

 

Jongin let go this time. The elder said he was fine but Jongin knew deep down he wasn’t. “If you don’t want my apology Kyung, I promised I will not hurt you again.” He mumbled to himself, guilt eating him inside.

 

However, he knew too well that he couldn’t promise anything about not hurting the elder. He needed to forget about Baekhyun first. Continuing to love his best friend would mean hurting his boyfriend, Kyungsoo in return.

 

 

 

It has been two weeks from the dinner he had with the couple. And it had also been two weeks since he was avoiding his feelings.

 

Baekhyun busied himself with work. He extended his work ours, and had spent his off for overtime work. He needed to distract himself to forget and stop his feelings towards Jongin. Was it for the best, he did not know. He needed to stop before someone would feel hurt. He wanted Jongin to be happy with Kyungsoo, and those emotions inside his chest would just give them complications.

 

He was about to take his lunch break when he heard a knock from the door to his office. He wasn’t expecting a client today. Maybe it was just his secretary, sending some reports, he thought.

 

“Come in. He said as he was fixing the file of papers on his table.

 

 

The door swung open and there stood someone he wasn’t expecting to pay him a visit. What a surprise indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo-yah!”

 

 

 


 

A/N:

 

yehet!! another update!!

whaaa, i felt really bad for Kyungsoo.. in this fic i might add some Kaisoo moments, but i am not still sure..

and of course it's Kaibaek all the way~~

 

||   Twitter   ||