Home

His Wedding

 

 

 

Rushed as always...typos...

 


 

 

 

When you started loving someone, your heart wouldn’t stop feeling special for that someone. Even though you’re apart, the overgrown feelings wouldn’t simply stop just like how the rain would stop from pouring down – after heavy trauma there’s a sunshine to anticipate next. But with love, it’s all heavy rain, flash floods, thunderstorms and earthquakes. It was all horrible – yeah that was what Baekhyun had been feeling throughout the years he had been in love with Jongin.

 

His best friend.

 

Thinking back now, his love for Jongin was not just simply attraction that grew to something intense. It was rooted by childhood memories and strong bonds that none could ever break. What was wrong was he let himself fall for him more and more, despite the decision that he didn’t want to break their friendship off with the feelings he kept for years.

 

When Kyungsoo came into the picture that was when all came crumbling and crashing down on Baekhyun. It was bittersweet how he felt happy and sad at the same time for the newfound relationship of his best friend. Initially, he thought it would end up just like Jongin’s past relationship, but little did he expect that it would turn into something beautiful, ending up the two being engaged after a few months they started going out.

 

It hurt Baekhyun, but he had to put up a cool façade and force himself to be happy for Kim Jongin.

 

He was happy. Yes, despite the bruised hard that was never going to be treated by anyone. 

 

 

Kim Jongin was an idiot himself. Why did he plan to go out with Kyungsoo anyways? Wasn’t his plan to finally make Baekhyun jealous? It was that. However, when he realized he chose the wrong person, he decided to change his plans. Kyungsoo was a guy hoping for a longtime relationship, and Jongin didn’t have the heart to trample his feelings.

 

Being popular and handsome himself, Kim Jongin was a known player, yes. But only to those people who didn’t need real love. They dated him because he was handsome and popular, none of them loved him. So why would they go out with them for long. After a week or two, he was quick to break off what they’ve had with his flings.

 

With a coward heart, he didn’t have the guts to confess to Baekhyun either. The fear of losing him was strong. He never knew Baekhyun had any relationship, so he assumed the guy was straight. And so the plan of making him jealous was now completely forgotten.

 

 

The sky bled blue as the sun hit the ground, birds chirping not too early in the morning. Baekhyun sat up from his bed and moved his way to the bathroom to wash his face. He splashed some water on his face and washed it, shivering from the unpleasant coldness of the water.

 

After a while, he scanned himself in the mirror. He was completely a grown-up Baekhyun now. A lot of things had changed, his hair was black now from his blond dye before. But still the gorgeousness in him was still as evident as before. He matured a little, if he might conclude. 

 

But one thing that didn’t change though, was that his heart was still crazily beating for his best friend. That was a problem though to Baekhyun. How would he react now when they meet? He left without a word and surely the younger would have hold some hard feelings for him. The fact that the guy might be married already made him feel worse.

 

He hoped for something better. Maybe, Jongin wouldn’t hate him for leaving. Maybe, the younger was still single. And maybe just maybe, his best friend held something special for him too.

 

 

 

At noon, Baekhyun found himself knocking at that familiar door to Kim Jongin’s flats. Sense of nostalgia seeped in the crevices of his being, finally manning those stations in his core. A pang of guilt and sadness bit on his skin harshly. A step back, he choked on nothing. Was he ready? He asked himself inwardly.

 

 

There’s no turning back, Baekhyun. Knock. Go.

 

 

And so Baekhyun did. 

 

 

 

 

A knock echoed inside his apartment. Kim Jongin was only wearing a sweatpants still lying on his bed like a human log. Groaning, he lazily sat himself up side-eying the alarm clock to check on the time. It was already past twelve in the afternoon. Yet, Jongin was still sleepy.

 

With a heavy heart, he stood up from the bed and walked out from his room. As sleepy as he was, he didn’t even bother picking up a shirt. So there he was walking towards the doorway, half-.

 

He turned the knob and slid the door open as he mumbled, “Who’s there?” Still lazily rubbing his eyes to ease away the sleepiness, he wasn’t quick to recognize who the raven-haired male who stood in front of him.

 

He squinted his eye harder. A blink. Another blink. Jongin rubbed both of his eyes, and took a glance of the male in front of him again. Realization hit him, it’s the very same person he longed to see for months now.

 

“Hey Jongin…” The raven-haired boy voiced out, with voice still melodious as how Jongin remembered it was.

 

“B-b-..Baekhyun?!” Jongin couldn’t believe it himself. Eyes widened in disbelief, he asked again, “Is that you, Baek?” Now without the stuttering.

 

 

Lingering sense of warmth swelled in his chest. It was as if Jongin finally found his home after years of searching, the only difference was he was at home already. His heart began to beat with a soft thud, followed by a loud thud. Then it went crazily pounding in his chest, as if it wanted to jump off his chest. It was suffocating, but it was what Jongin wanted to feel for Baekhyun.

 

It was love. That glorious emotion he harbored for years now that he kept from the male all along.

 

A step forward. Another step. Jongin hugged the smaller male tightly, squishing him. How he missed his best friend. He continued to hug the smaller and a warm smile blossomed on his handsome face as he felt himself being welcomed by the smaller.

 

Baekhyun was hugging him.

 

His best friend was finally back in his arms.

 

His Baekhyun came back.

 

Now he only needed to do one thing. He had to do the right thing.

 

Confess and lay his heart on the table for his Baekhyun. He wouldn’t be coward now. He couldn’t risk it anymore.

 

Jongin had decided, “I’ll make you mine, Baekhyun...”

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

 

after ten years..finally updated..a short one to start off my feels before i end this story. 

Bye for now..see ya in the next chap..