Chapter 1

Ending Innocence. (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in  spite of the fact that they're not.” - Jodi Picoult

 

Half a year passed relatively uneventfully yet the four still struggled with coping with life in the cellar. Despite the fact they were treated so well, they questioned why they were kidnapped. They still didn’t feel comfortable down in the cellar not knowing what the kidnappers were planning to do to them. Luhan, the oldest, had stayed the longest and couldn’t show weakness around the younger captives; he had to be strong for them at least. Although deep down, he was frightened that one of them would get hurt later on.

 

Luhan was still trying to figure out about the tattoos and the notes. Why were they communicating only using the notes and not vocally? Why did they keep saying, “I love you” without even knowing them? Sometimes he wondered if these men were stalkers or something. He would look at the notes to search for clues as to their meaning or as to how they might escape but never to any avail.

Today he hid the notes under his pillow quickly turning to Chanyeol and Yixing. “Chanyeol, Yixing, take your medicine please.” Luhan passed them their respective medicine, courtesy of the masked men. He still thought it was weird that these masked men knew that the two were getting sick.

“But mama, it’s bitter...” Chanyeol quietly whined. Yixing quickly downed his because he hated listening to the deer nag him.

“If I could, I would take it with you, but I’m not the one with the cold, Chanyeol. You need to take it because you’re sick,” Luhan replied softly.

“I’m not sick,” he answered vehemently.

“Really? What do you call all the coughing I heard last night?”

Chanyeol looked down innocently. “It was Mr. Giraffe coughing last night,” he answered.

“Oh really? Mr. Giraffe was coughing and I’m a woman,” Luhan replied sarcastically.

“You’re a woman hyung?” Chanyeol’s eyes widened because he couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

Luhan rolled his eyes. “That was sarcasm. I don’t really mean what I said Channie. Sometimes you can be so innocent,” he replied.

“But sometimes you do act like a woman. You certainly PMS like one mama,” Tao added unhelpfully.

“Yah! Huang Zitao, do you want me to murder your panda plushie?” he scolded, turning to Tao with a less than serious glare.

Tao just shrugged his shoulders, “I’m just telling you the truth mama. Sometimes you act more womanly. And don’t you dare touch my plushie; he’s mine!” he growled at the elder, hugging his panda tightly.

“Damn. I miss the days when you were so quiet; you wouldn’t utter a single word. Nowadays, you are just a cranky panda who always backtalking me,” Luhan sighed shaking his head. “Someone return my nice quiet panda,” he pleaded dramatically, hugging the panda a little too tightly. “My poor baby is growing up.”

“Hyung, let go of me or I will kick your little mini me."

Luhan gaped. “You even turned into a violent person and a diva as well,” Luhan commented before crawling away to Chanyeol.

“At least I don’t look like a woman,” Tao shouted back.

“Diva brat!” Luhan responded.

“Ms. Bambi!” He called, throwing a pillow at Luhan before returning to what he usually did: watch chick flicks. His favourites were Mean Girls and The Notebook.

Luhan shook his head. “And you say I’m the woman?” he muttered. “Look at you watching chick flicks.” He turned to Chanyeol, who was glaring at the medicine, hoping that if he just stared at it long enough that it would disappear and he wouldn’t have to take it anymore.

“Channie, please take your medicine,” Luhan urged softly.

“No!” He pouted.

“Come on. Do it for me?” Luhan tried again, poking Chanyeol in the side this time.

“No. I will keep staring at it and hoping that it will just disappear.”

Luhan chuckled. “Silly giraffe. No matter what, you’re going to have to eat it; it’s not going away. I’ll give you two options. One is that you can take your medicine now or two is that I will take your Korean dramas away,” he said.

Yes. Despite being kidnapped in this cellar, they were able to watch Korean dramas and American chick flicks, on iPads! These kidnappers were anything but ordinary by kidnapper standards. They gave their captives many things that they didn’t expect to get out in the real world, let alone in this cellar cut off from the world. They thought that this was a nice gesture, but there was always the nagging at the backs of their minds that the kidnappers were just using these luxurious gifts to distract their captives before putting a sinister plan into action.

“No! Don’t take my Boys over Flowers away! I’m almost done with it!” he whined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter