Persuasive Director

Beautifully Untamed

Beautifully Untamed 

Chapter Seven

“Let’s go out! We haven’t gone out lately. Let’s go watch a movie at the cinema?”

Seung Hyun looked up from his book towards the female currently invading his bed. “Can’t Chaerin, I have something to do,”

Chaerin pouted, glaring at Seung Hyun. “It’s seven, you just finished work, what could you possibly have to do?” she asked, crossing her arms. Seung Hyun sighed, placing his book down and walked over to his desk. Chaerin blinked when a script was handed to her.

“I have to run lines. I was going to ask Siwon-hyung to do so with me, but since you’re bored.” Seung Hyun shrugged, “Want to run lines with me?”

Chaerin made a face, “Watching a movie is so much more fun than trying to act,” she sighed, “But if it means that we will get to spend time together,” She paused, before nodding her head, “Alright.” Seung Hyun gave her a baleful smile, before sitting back down at his desk chair.

“Choose a scene with the prince, and I’ll say mine from memory,” he suggested. Chaerin nodded her head, flipping through the script. She didn’t understand scenes, or breaks, or anything that was on the script, but guessed reading a few lines wasn’t going to kill her.

Seung Hyun is so boring, but, Chaerin glanced up from her book to watch the dark haired man looking at her with such intensity, it made go dry. But I’ll have to do this if I want him to fall in love with me! “Ready?” She asked.

“I’m just waiting on you,” Seung Hyun murmured, his voice sounding a bit husky.

Chaerin blushed, unable to stop herself and darted her eyes to the page. “Right,” She took a deep breath and read a line.


Ji Yong was up with the sun.

Gaho groaned at the thought of a new day. He wished that his charge would be sensible enough to sit down at a table and eat properly like the others, but Ji Yong refused to even acknowledge human culture. Instead the dragon would set out to hunt any kind of morsel or in this case, rodent, that he could find. Not that he was terrible at it, but the thought of any more raw meat churned Gaho’s belly.

“Why won’t we stay for breakfast? A warm meal,” Gaho was suggesting, but Ji Yong wasn’t listening to him as he jumped out the window, from the fourth floor to the pavement below. Gaho followed suit, small little wings appearing on his back as he made a graceful land. The wings vanished again, in a flourish of white magic. “Soft and none bloody,”

“You know what I want,” Ji Yong muttered, stuffing his hands into his jeans pockets, “Some juicy, little, helpless lamb…nothing like the aftertaste of fear in their blood,”

Gaho groaned. “Ji Yong,”

“Let’s admit it Gaho, I just don’t fit in,” Ji Yong started to walk, turning his body around only once to look at the place where he would momentarily be living. “Even if they seem to be kind, the moment that they figure out that I am not like them…they’d more than likely be ready to persecute me,”

“People no longer persecute others Ji,” Gaho said.

“People don’t change that fast,” Ji Yong scoffed, “They might not be like they were in the past, they might not execute the innocent for superstitions anymore, but that’s because they have forgotten about the magic, about us,” he sighed, “But they have new fancy, more ‘moral’ ways to killing others,” He didn’t like this world. There was not much more that he could say other than he didn’t like it and it was just that!

He often wondered, what could he possibly be looking for in this damned world. How could he have forgotten what it was, if it was so damned important!  What could his mind possibly be hiding from him.

“I can’t change your views, I know, but…” Gaho looked up at the dragon being, “I’m not susceptible to your diet!”

“I know Gaho, I apologize,” Ji Yong bit into his lower lip, “When we get a proper paycheck, I’ll buy you the food you want,” he suggested. The pup whimpered, but nodded his head nonetheless. There was nothing that he was going to be able to do about today’s meals, but at least he could secure something for the future.

It didn’t take long for them to find a flock of pigeons that they could snack on. Ji Yong and Gaho even found a small makeshift grill in the park, so Gaho could have his roasted. After that, they both wondered aimlessly for hours. Ji Yong was still searching, but Gaho was starting to fear that perhaps they were in the wrong place. Not much that they could do though, because even if they left, they wouldn’t know where to go.

They had no definite direction.

“We should probably head back to the theatre,” Gaho suggested.

“Why?” Ji Yong asked.

“To see the rest of the cast maybe, I don’t know.” Gaho sighed, “We’re just not getting anywhere right now,”

Ji Yong offered a slight smile, “I suppose not,” he sighed. “It’d be cool if that ghost came back and gave some more clues.”

Gaho nodded his head, but he knew, better than anyone, that things happened in their own time. There was just no rushing them.  “What do you want to do then?” he asked. Ji Yong shrugged his shoulders. They decided to head to the theatre. It was currently their only source for knowing if they would have a job and get paid.

Once they made it to the Theatre, Ji Yong was welcomed, and even offered food and water. This of course, startled him and he nearly dropped everything. “Ji Yong!” he heard a familiar voice call, and he turned around. Seungri was standing there with a taller male, dark haired, and looking at one of those glowing devices in his hand. “Ji Yong come here!” Seungri persisted.

Ji Yong was about to turn around and walk out of the theatre when he heard Gaho growl lowly in his sweaters hoodie, and knew he had to grin and bear it. clenching his hand tightly over the water bottle he walked towards Seungri and the stranger. “Hello,” he casually muttered.

“Hey Ji Yong! I’m so glad that you made it today! Hyori was scared that you weren’t since she wants to give you a female role.”

Ji Yong kept himself from groaning, but the frown on his face was enough for Seungri to know that the blond was displeased. “What part am I getting myself into?” he finally asked.

“The prince’s lover,” Seungri hesitantly mumbled. Ji Yong’s eyes widened a bit.

“Your sister is calling us,”

“Oh,” Seungri jolted, and turned to the male beside him. “Oh yeah, Seung Hyun, this is Ji Yong, and Ji Yong this is Seung Hyun,” He smiled as he introduced them, “Seung Hyun is going to be playing the part of the prince,”

Ji Yong turned his eyes to Seung Hyun, burning amber like eyes met cool, intense, coal ones. “Nice to meet you,” the deep voice, it made Ji Yong’s mind draw blanks, but he nodded his head and took the offered hand.

“Likewise,” he muttered, quickly drawing his hand back to his side.

“Okay now, why don’t we go see what Hyori wants,” Seungri said, pleased that both actors had met. He could already tell that they were going to have chemistry in their acting. “You come to Ji Yong,” he offered.

Ji Yong blinked when Seung Hyun turned away from him to follow Seungri. He hesitated, to follow or not to, his mind and his body seemed to be thinking two different things, and finally, he took a step forward and followed. He was never the kind to hesitate, so he was very disappointed in himself for acting in such a manner.

The stage was filled with decorations now, moving sets were being pushed around to give the scenes a bit more life. Ji Yong watched in disbelief as the humans worked hard, with teamwork, creating together. Something, an angel or a dove, he wasn’t sure from where he was, glided over the lights and he briefly glanced up—only to bump into a solid body. “Oh,” he mumbled, taking hasty steps back.

“You okay?” Seung Hyun, the person he had bumped into, asked.

Ji Yong could feel blood rushing to his cheeks as he nodded his head. “Fine, just don’t stand there,” he hissed, sidestepping the dark haired man only to come face to face with Hyori. The woman gave him an eager look, before she jumped and hugged him to her . “Let go!” he growled. A yip that came from his hood made them jump and look perplexed.

Gaho was disorientated, and popped his head out, making Ji Yong glare at everyone.

“Oh my God,” Hyori said.

“He’s so cute!” Seungri jumped in, trying to get a good look at the small puppy that Ji Yong was now trying to hide in vain.

Seung Hyun didn’t even think as he snatched the puppy up, and gently held him in his arms. “He’s so small,” he said in fascination, caressing the puppy who went from confused to a panting happy mess in just a matter of seconds.

Ji Yong gapped, closed and opened his mouth before he pointed an accusing finger to Gaho, “Traitor!”

Everyone laughed-- the feeling of it completely different from what he had expected. It made him feel slightly embarrassed for his action, but none in the least offended. “Where did you get him?” Seung Hyun asked, his cool eyes filling with warmth that seemed impossible for their color. But that color was alive, it breathed life making everything seem more intense. Ji Yong could get lost in those eyes. 

“I…uh…found him,” Ji Yong stuttered.

“That’s lucky,” Seung Hyun offered a kittenish smile and Ji Yong frowned. He didn’t like the feeling that was starting to grow in his chest because of that smile.

“Give him back,”

Seung Hyun blinked this time, a bit startled. “Oh, sure,”

Seung Hyun handed Gaho back to his owner. Ji Yong was just glad that the pup was safe, but that didn’t stop people from gathering around him, to get a look, or coo before moving on. “What’s his name?” Hyori asked, scratching under the pups chin. Seungri couldn’t stay still, he looked like he wanted to touch the puppy but wasn’t sure how.

“Gaho,”

“Cute!” Seungri cried. “Why can’t I have a puppy Noona?” he turned watery puppy dog eyes on his elder sister.

“Please let’s not go there,” Hyori crossed her arms, getting back to being serious. “Now, everyone, let’s finish the last of the auditions today, and then I will tell others about their parts,” she then glanced at Seung Hyun and Ji Yong, “Both of you should get to know each other better,” she winked, “You’ll have some very intimate scenes together,” and with that she walked away, followed closely by her younger brother.

Ji Yong blinked and Seung Hyun started to feel nervous.

He could still remember the long blond hair that the actor next to him was hiding under his beanie. A part of him, dumbly, wanted to ask if he could touch it, but the next thought was that it’d come off as creepy. “So….um,” as he started to speak, and turn to where Ji Yong had once been, only to notice that the man had moved off to watch the other actors auditioning today.

Seung Hyun felt his heart sink a bit in disappointment, but nevertheless, decided to step out of there for some fresh air. He had been there since he got out of work, and to be honest, he was a bit exhausted.

The sun outside was already setting. He could see a wide range of orange, where the sun met the earth, and gold that seemed to hug the clouds. It had been a long time since he had actually taken the time to look at a sunset. The last time he had, he’d been a child, and Siwon had asked him to sit down with him and talk.

It was no secret that he was close with his older brother, and it was something that his father often disliked. He thought that boys shouldn’t hang around with their brother all the time. That boys needed to get out and talk with girls and be productive in that field.  Seung Hyun simply clung tighter to his older brother. He was afraid of talking to other people, well, females to be precise. He had a thing for long blond hair it seemed; the golden traces always managed to capture his eyes.  After hanging around Chaerin all the time, he thought that he had grown out of that habit, but Ji Yong had just proven that he hadn’t.

His mother had been scared several times, whenever they went out to the mall, because when Seung Hyun had turned four, he had gotten lost. The reason had been because he had seen a tall woman, with long blond hair that he had pursued, trying to reach her golden locks. They had looked like sunshine, running low, and the light bouncing of it, making the hair look like the softest silk, and he had just wanted to touch it so badly. When he lost trace of her, he had realized that his mother was nowhere to be seen. 

He had done the only sensible thing his four year old mind could come up with—he found a corner, and sunk himself down, hoping to catch sight of his mother. It’s funny now, since his mother had been completely hysterical in her search for him, but at the moment it had been so terrifying, that he had cried the moment he saw his mother’s tears.

He had promised to never get lost again. Still, his mother had realized his fascination with blond hair, and had started to for it. He knew now that she was just trying to make him feel embarrassed so it would discourage him from chasing after another blond, and admittedly, it had worked. He hadn’t dared to even think about blond hair—until now that he had seen Ji Yong. The sight of him on stage not so long ago was still fresh in his mind.

Shivering, at the sudden gust of wind, he decided to go back inside and see if he could leave soon. He was a bit hungry, and wanted to get home soon.

Inside, there was a girl on stage, loudly reciting her lines in a pitch that made others cringe at her voice. Hyori soon dismissed her, much to everyone’s relief. Seung Hyun walked closed to Hyori, “I’m gonna go now,” he said.

Hyori jumped, shaking her head. “No, come to dinner with us, ah…” she scrambled to get around, especially when another actor was nervously making their way to the stage. They were completely nervous and clueless to what they had to do. “Give me a minute,” she tapped Seungri on her way, and moved to do her job. Seungri was on it, moving to place his arm around Seung Hyun, and at the tip of his tongue, words of utter persuasion.

“You have to stay and go out to eat with us,” Seungri grinned, “And Ji Yong is coming too,” he pointed to the surely blond haired man who was reading his assigned part in the script. Seung Hyun made a face that told Seungri that he wasn’t convinced. “Please,” he tried puppy dog eyes.

“That’s seriously not working, man,” Seung Hyun chuckled, but took a seat nonetheless. 

Seungri huffed, “It never does, really,” he muttered.

“Aren’t you going to go help your sister?” Seung Hyun asked. Seungri grimaced, and shook his head.

“Uh, no, I’ll just watch from here, she has an attitude and can deal with actors better than I can, I just bring them in,” Seungri said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. He then took the seat beside Seung Hyun.

“You do?” Seung Hyun asked, curiosity lasing his tone.

Seungri eagerly nodded his head, glad that someone was finally interested in his work. “Yes! I’m the casting director for my sister. I make all the advertising in the net, make calls, set the interviews, and locations!” He proudly said. “Why, I can find talent just about anywhere, that is how I found Ji Yong-ssi,” he pointed to the blond who was still ignoring them. “I could smell it,” Seungri murmured, turning his body to half face Seung Hyun now. 

Seung Hyun’s lips curled a bit in amusement. “Smell it?” he asked. 

“Yes,” Seungri nodded his head. “I…” he paused for a second, to think, “The door closed behind me after I was walking out of…an office building.” Seungri nodded, “When I wanted to go back in, I heard a violin playing, such a sad melody,”

“Vio-violin?” Seung Hyun was perplexed.

Seungri was mentally cheering, glad that he had Seung Hyun enthralled in his incredible story! “Yes, A violin, and I turned to the corner, and there he was. The most indescribable actor I had ever seen! And his clothes looking torn,” Seungri huffed, “I just had to walk up to him and ask for an encore!”

“Oh…I”

“Yes! And well, that man playing the violin happened to be Ji Yong over here,” he jabbed his finger towards the blond, not letting Seung Hyun even speak. “He asked me if I was a big time man, because well, I do look sharp and y in this suit, if I do say so myself,” Seungri fixed his collar, “and then I asked him to come and audition for my sister. I promised him a job, and I gave him a dream!”

“One your sister killed,” Ji Yong gritted, slamming the script down, “Is she insane!”

Both men turned to the blond, blinking in surprise. “Actually she said, you are a great actor, and as such can pull off the role,”

Ji Yong’s anger flared, “I’m not kissing another man!” he hissed.

“You don’t have to,” Seung Hyun quickly said, trying not to have the man get any angrier. “if you angle your head just right, it can look like if you are kissing, but not really,”

Ji Yong pursed his lips, “But the people will all think that I did kiss a man!” he growled.

“But at least you know that you didn’t,” Seungri offered helpfully.

Ji Yong frowned, “But they will think,”

Seungri grinned, “But you will know,”

“Okay, this isn’t helping,” Seung Hyun said, leaning back in his seat, his gaze now fixed back on the stage. He didn’t want to even place himself in the situation where Ji Yong realized that he was the one that he was going to act along side, better not to remind him. Seungri sighed, inching himself away from Ji Yong, until he just got up and switched seats. The blond glowered, before sighing, and looking back at the stage.

“I better get paid well for this,” was the last thing he muttered before all three went silent. Seungri was afraid to even break the silence, and could feel a sort of tension that just built up as time went by. He was so glad when his sister dismissed the other actors and finally came towards them, breaking the tension.

“Are you guys ready to go?” she asked, amusement lacing her tone, “My, all of you look like you disagree with each other,” When no one dared to respond, she sighed. “Alright, let’s go,” she motioned for them to get up, and she grabbed her bag, heading out the door. “Boys,” she sighed as she walked to her car.

Seungri waited for the last of the actors to leave, before looking the theatre doors, and then turned a slight smile to the other two males who waited with him. The three then reached Hyori’s car, and got in.

Seungri couldn’t help but notice the large gap of distance that both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun created between each other, despite the seats being made to sit two and at least leave some space. Ji Yong was practically sitting on the edge, and Seung Hyun’s attention was fully on the window, or perhaps what was outside.

Hyori also noticed this and sighed, before she decided to turn on her radio. Whatever the tension was, she would deal with it tonight.

Seungri turned to his sister, “Where are we going?” he asked.

She smirked, “Home.”