The Princess

Beautifully Untamed

Beautifully Untamed

Chapter Twelve

Her name is Sandara--

And she’s absolutely gorgeous.

Ji Yong had not cared much in regards of greeting or getting to know her. After all, while auditions were going on Sandara had appeared out of nowhere and in mere minutes had left everyone breathless, along with her getting the part of the princess. Rumors had it that she was a kindergarten teacher, that she was doing this because she always had a dream to act in one way or the other.

But no, that didn’t bother Ji Yong a bit; it wasn’t even the reason that he took note of her at all! Yet, something, somehow, some way, she had caught his attention.

There was one particular scene, where Ji Yong, Seung Hyun, and Sandara were going to have to act out together, and it wasn’t the dragon’s favorite. It would be the scene where Ji Yong was supposed to be dead, and Seung Hyun found comfort in her during that time. It hadn’t mattered to Ji Yong at first as he dropped on the stage, closed his eyes, and pretended to be dearly departed. It was the lines that were shared between both the prince and the princess that had him scowling and wrinkling his brow in pure irritation and distaste.

They hadn’t bothered him much when he had first read them, but hearing them be recited brought a sort of echo deep in his mind…

“There you go again,” Seung Hyun’s tone was light and amused. “That same expression,” he whispered as he held Ji Yong’s head gently on his lap.

Ji Yong’s eyes shot open with a glare, “Just do your job, Choi.” he hissed in return, and closed his eyes, trying to clear his face from all his facial expressions. Seung Hyun smartly didn’t say anything in return as he turned his head to Hyori whom was scowling at her own script, her head shaking back and forth with disapproval.

“This scene is supposed to be sadder people!” Hyori roared, “I want you guys to bring tears to my eyes, and I mean sad tears, not tears of boredom!”  She sighed, and climbed on stage. Her eyes were on Seung Hyun now, “Okay sweetie, I want you to imagine that Ji Yong here is the absolute love of your life and he has just been murdered, and you couldn’t be there to save him. You were too late to do so! You won’t just feel sad about losing your love would you? Come on; give me more Seung Hyun,” She dramatically gestured her hands, leaving Seung Hyun to stare back a bit perplexed.

She then strode over to Sandara, telling her what she wanted her to feel and express. “And you love the prince, but you love him enough to know his pain and accept it! This hurts!” She rambled on.

Seung Hyun looked down at Ji Yong’s peaceful face, now clear of all emotion. A perfect blank canvas, peaceful- no fleeting twitch of an emotion could be seen now and Seung Hyun thought hard. He thought hard to convince himself that Ji Yong was dead and his cold body was now lying in his arms. There was a twinge in his heart that surprised him and he could feel the tell tale prickle of tears threatening to spill over the waterline of his eyes.  The sudden emotions made no sense to him, but he decided he could use this feeling.

Ji Yong nearly gasped as he felt Seung Hyun’s arm tighten around his shoulders, but forced himself to stay still. He couldn’t even remember hearing Hyori telling them to begin the scene again, because the feel of a warm tear falling over the curve of his cheek centered his attention all in that one point.  The breath of Seung Hyun’s silent sobs ripped at his heart as he felt the man holding him shake, and his mouth tightened, forcing himself to remember—it was all an act.

This wasn’t real.

“You are not gone, you can’t be.” Seung Hyun’s voice cracked, every actor whom had been practicing their lines stopped, their heads whipped to the stage. The emotion those words carried resonating over all of them. Even Hyori found herself wide eyed and staring. “My love! The tremble of my very soul can’t express how lonely you have left me. I need you. Please, don’t leave me here all ALONE!”

Ji Yong was jostled, his body turned practically into Seung Hyun, his face plastered to his chest. He could smell the warmth of him, and found his own eyes opening enough to stare at the chiseled curve of Seung Hyun’s jaw line. “Love has been too cruel to the both of us for far too long. I had only hoped that…that sadness and happiness, we could have shared forever. Curse you love and be damned, death you’ve taken my heart with you!!”

The echoing sound of running heels, heavy panting, and then the presence of the princess whom reached for Seung Hyun- her very presence made Ji Yong uncomfortable. The reason escaped him--- “My prince, please, don’t curse love for it isn’t the end. Not of all. Your love wouldn’t want you to live the rest of your life with bitterness if that puerile spirit of yours. Please, let me take care of your heart!”

“I just want to die,” Seung Hyun said those words with such finality that everyone swore they could feel real weight and pain behind them. “Go into heaven and find my love,” he mindlessly rambled, sounding particularly lost. 

“Don’t talk in such a way, I beg you,”

Seung Hyun placed Ji Yong’s body down gently, on the floor. Then he stood himself up, spinning around so suddenly as he pulled out a blade—well pretended to pull one out. Sandara gasped, shaking her head, already moving.

Seung Hyun raised the pretend blade, aiming it to his body. He wanted to pierce his heart, but that never happened. Instead, Sandara was there on time to give up her own life as she embraced the foolhardy prince and was the one pierced by the blade that was meant to kill the prince. In his shock, Seung Hyun pretends to drop the blade and pulls Sandara close to him. “Why,” his voice shakes as he guilt and shock filter his face.

“Be…because you have to live.” Sandara gasps, her words choked as if she was struggling to speak.

“Out of all the dumb , why protect my damned soul!”

“You’re too precious,” She swallowed thickly, “Don’t you dare kill yourself, keep on living,” her hand shook as she barely brushed the tips against his cheek. Seung Hyun was really crying, and then her hand dropped, and she died—limp in his arms.

Seung Hyun’s own body slid down as well, holding her tight. He then loudly cursed the entire world. That was the end of the scene, the very bitter end of the play. Ji Yong and Sandara both stood up as there was loud clapping, and the other actors started to babble on about how the end was going to be such a sad, and undeserving ending.

Seung Hyun quickly wiped his tears, taking several shaky breaths. He closed his eyes tight, forcing his heart to still. The scene had bothered him a lot more than he would like to admit. His eyes opened, and he sought out Ji Yong, watching his long blond hair sway from left to right as he bounded off the stage, walking his own path. But at that time, the very sight of Ji Yong walking away gave Seung Hyun a strange surge of Déjà vu, as if this had not been the first time that he had seen such a sight. A flash of someone’s hand reaching out, helpless, an urge to touch those satin strands, but their hands were stained and desire was mixed with pure dread… and then he was back.


There were just too many scenes between the prince and the princess, and Ji Yong found himself silently seething as he watched Seung Hyun dance to imaginary music around the stage with Sandara. “I really, truly, wish I could hate her,” he muttered under his breath. Gaho sighed beside him, wondering what it was that had Ji Yong so on edge. The dragon was muttering under his breath, sulking, and sometimes even hissing about one thing or the other. “It feels wrong.” Ji Yong finally spoke clearly, making Gaho turn to him with a raised eyebrow.

“What do you mean?”

Ji Yong vaguely gestured to the stage. “Watching Seung Hyun dance with that girl, it feels wrong, like I know,” Ji Yong placed his hand over his heart, “That it means nothing, but at the same time, just seeing it makes me feel…” he trailed off, his eyes getting a faraway look before he stood up and shook his head. “Never mind,”

“Ji Yong, lately it feels like you are centering things a little too close to Seung Hyun and we are not here to dilly dally,” Gaho reprimanded as they walked down the empty fiftieth road of seats.

“We are not dallying about!” Ji Yong argued.

“Then what are we doing,” Because Gaho no longer knew.

“We’ll look tomorrow. I haven’t got a clue as to what I am even looking for okay. I don’t even know how to save my own damn life” Ji Yong turned, walking to the doors and pushing them open. There were still a few actors around, but for the most part rehearsals were done for the day.

He looked back, before completely stepping outside into the cool night air. His heart constricted again, and he shook his head, trying to dislodge the feeling away. He was tired and hungry. This was odd. He was a descended of dragons, he didn’t get tired by just doing a simple thing as acting. Yet, lately, he had been feeling a bit drained. He didn’t want to tell Gaho, just so he wouldn’t have to worry him—but that didn’t mean he didn’t drive himself sick with worry on his own.


Seung Hyun had hoped to talk to Ji Yong when he was done with his rehearsals, but found that there was no sign of the blond around. His heart sunk in disappointment as he made his way out the door, slowly walking into the parking lot to his waiting car. “I guess is for the best,” he whispered to himself as he opened the driver side door, and slipped into his car, his mind racing with a million thoughts a minute. “He’d probably have freaked out if I asked him if he felt something in that scene,” Seung Hyun smirked to himself, feeling a bit dumb for talking to himself like that.

He started his car, and drove home. Once there, he pulled his bag to himself and headed inside. The house was dark, meaning his parents were asleep and his brother was working late. He headed into the kitchen for a snack and water before heading into his bedroom and powering his computer. He had work to get done tonight.

Bringing out the instructions for his latest assignment, he felt his mind focus- lost into a zone where his work his number one priority. It wasn’t until the sound of something heavy falling on the floor broke his thought process, and he turned in his seat, facing the door. It sounded once again, this time followed by a curse, and Seung Hyun jumped to his feet recognizing the voice of his father.

He walked into his father’s private room, finding it lightly lit with candles, his eyes searching through the dark shadows for what he had heard. He found his father lying on the floor, shakily trying to stand himself. Seung Hyun rushed to him, “Dad, are you alright?” he asked, careful to help his father sit. His father’s eyes were wide, and his entire body was trembling.

“Seu…Seung Hyun,” he gulped down some air as fast as he could, his hand shooting out to point onto his desk. “Son, the….the dragon Orbs!” He croaked.

Seung Hyun frowned at his father. “Father, please, let’s get you to your bedroom to rest,”

The old man stopped shaking and nodded his head in agreement. Seung Hyun helped his father to his feet, and guided the man back to his bedroom, where he found his mother deeply asleep on one side of the bed. He smiled, and then helped his dad into bed, bringing the covers around the man. “Thank you son,”

“Do you need anything dad?”

The old man shook his head, and closed his eyes. “Just some sleep,”

Seung Hyun nodded, and turned out the lights before walking out of the bedroom. It made him scowled at the fact that his father had been up like that. The man usually slept soundly through the night. Even in his old age. Walking back to the private room, he the lights and looked around. The case was out again, the same with the dragon orbs.

Had his father pulled it out again?

Seung Hyun honestly thought he had seen the last of them, not because they were often hidden by his father, but because he had also forgotten about them. Walking close to the case, Seung Hyun hesitantly reached his hand out to try and push the top off. To his surprise, the lid didn’t budge at all. Trying with both his hands he found that the thing was sealed shut.

There wasn’t a lock.

The box looked the same as when he had first seen it, so why couldn’t he open it? Seung Hyun was deep in thought, his fingers curious as he set the box on the desk. He lowered himself down to its level, his fingers tracing the runic patterns.

They mean something, his mind supplied. Whatever was written on the box, it felt like he knew it, like he could read it. The problem was that it felt like there was a mental block weighing his mind. It was there, at the tip of his tongue, at the very tips of his fingers—and yet it escaped him. The feeling in his chest grew hot and tight at the thought of what might be written there—but he was jolted out of his thoughts in the next instant.

“Seung Hyun?”

Seung Hyun’s hand froze, and he blinked. All thoughts that he had been previously having ran out on him, leaving his mind strangely blank with unrest. He blinked, and turned his head to find his older brother standing on the other side, looking sleepy. “Hyung,”

“What are you still doing up?” Siwon asked, rubbing a hand over his face. He was so tired from work, all he wanted to do was knock out.

“Nothing,” Seung Hyun said, and shrugged his shoulders as he made his way to his brother. Siwon looked around, and shrugged. He couldn’t really care at the moment to scold Seung Hyun for being in their father’s office.

“I’m going to bed,” Siwon muttered, and continued his trudge to his room. Seung Hyun offered a small smile, before turning his head back around to the box on the table. Not tonight, he thought to himself. He just didn’t want to deal with it tonight. He shut the lights out and headed back to his own bedroom.

He was hoping to get some sleep.

But it seemed like his mind wasn’t going to allow him that much. There were no thoughts, it was an odd blank in his mind and yet it felt jumbled and full, with energy—it was hard to explain, but Seung Hyun didn’t get any sleep that night. Instead, with his restless energy he decided to work on a few projects that he would have to complete throughout the upcoming week.

He didn’t feel the passage of time as he got lost in his own world.

It wasn’t until nine in the morning that he was jolted from his thoughts. His cell phone rang loudly against the contrast of his silent room. He sighed, closing his stinging eyes before he reached for the screaming device.

Seung Hyun didn’t even take notice as to who was calling him, he simply answered, his gruff voice sounding a rough ‘hello’ into the receiver.

“Hello, Seung Hyun?” The sweet tone on the other side made him blink. It wasn’t Chaerin, of that much he was sure, but the person knew him so he must know them as well. It would be embarrassing to have to admit.

“Uh, yeah, hi,” he managed, sitting up straight trying to think.

“It’s me, Sandara,” Seung Hyun could hear the voice turn shy. “I asked Hyori for your phone number, I hope that you don’t mind.”

“Oh, no, not at all,” he quickly said, silently releasing a tense breath he had been holding. Okay, it was just Sandara. “Did you need something?” he asked as he shuffled the items around his desk, trying to keep busy once again.

“Uh, I was hoping that we could meet up,”

“Huh?” Seung Hyun paused in his paper shuffling, and stared ahead.

“I meant to just practice our parts,” she quickly said, sounding even more nervous now. Seung Hyun could have laughed at her, but bit it back and simply smiled.

“Yeah, that sounds cool. When did you want to meet?” he asked.

Sandara sounded relieved when she spoke, “Well, I won’t be able to make it to the next few rehearsals, and I was hoping we could get a chunk of them done whenever you had time. I can tell you my schedule and work around it all,”

“Yeah, sure,”

Both of them talked for the next ten minutes, making plans about what they were going to do. Seeing as it was still early and he had no work today, Seung Hyun headed into his bathroom to take a shower before heading out to meet Sandara. Right now he welcomed the distraction it provided, because somehow being around her kept his mind from becoming too consumed on the Dragon Orbs—and even Ji Yong for that matter. 


On the other side of town, Ji Yong was finding his own distraction as he made it clear to Ga Ho that he wasn’t going to attend rehearsals for a while and was going to try and remember what it was that he was searching for. Of course, that didn’t mean that he had the slightest clue of what that was, and walking aimlessly around seemed to be his only answer.

So he grasped at it desperately right now.

“GET OUT!” A loud voice screeched, grating Ji Yong’s sensitive ears. He was walking down a residential area when he was brought out of his meandering thoughts. He looked up in time to see a thin and sickly looking old woman kicking out another woman. The other woman was much younger and looking very successful in life.

“It isn’t normal for you to live this way mother!” the younger woman cried, “I can’t seeing you this way, why won’t you let me help you!”

“I don’t need help you little ungrateful brat, I was the one that raised you! I don’t need your help!” the old woman yelled in response. The younger woman tried once more to reason with the old bag of bones, but ended up leaving in a huff instead.

Ji Yong slowly walked closer, his eyes darting to the car that peeled off the driveway, pausing to look down at the flustered young woman rushing out. Gaho hung over his shoulder, watching as well.

The older lady crowed with victory, before her old eyes caught sight of the puppy slung over Ji Yong’s shoulders. “My, what an adorable pup, all yours young man?” she asked in the sweetest voice ever. Ji Yong would have never guessed she even possessed such a sincere sounding tone in her after all the yelling.

“Yes, mine,” he said.

“What’s his name?” she asked, walking closer. Ji Yong stiffened.

“Gaho,” he curtly muttered, but the old woman didn’t catch his sudden hostility.

“Such a wonderful name, after a little hell raiser right?” she enquires, eyes twinkling with mischief. “You have to come in and meet mine, you simply must!” she grabbed his hand without a second thought. Ji Yong could feel a blood vessel about to pop from behind his eyes at how much he detested human touch!

But this old woman was old, with a tender soul—and somehow seemed to know how to maneuver him around—placing Ji Yong in a position that he never foresaw himself in.

The very intricate center of her living room