God Knows…

Beautifully Untamed

Beautifully Untamed 

Chapter Fourteen

“Wh.. Who are y.. you?”

Another laugh was heard and the blonde's face was now inches away from his, when the other answered, the beautiful voice taking SeungHyun’s breath away. –Didoe84


What had happened during the time that he had been absent?

The next day after he had seen Sandara slobbering all over Seung Hyun’s face, he had decided it was his cue to return to the theatre. Now that he was back, he couldn’t help but feel absolutely lost as people clustered together in groups to rehearse their parts, and seemed to be moving on without him. Gaho was kind enough to enlightened Ji Yong that time didn’t stop for anyone—things had continued, things had progressed--- things had changed again without his care or opinion. For a moment he wondered why the world couldn’t just hold still for a simple second—just long enough for him to catch up with it- Because, if anything, he felt lost amongst this sea of people.

Taking a deep breath, Ji Yong looked over the script that was held tightly in his hands before tossing it aside and making a beeline out of the theatre.

“Where are you going?” A deep voice asked, making him pause in his steps. “I was hoping we could rehearse some of our parts.” The hopeful tone made him flinch, and he spun around, a smile on his face. He thought about coming up with an excuse. He even thought about getting confrontational about what he had seen the day before- but no, all he did was smile.

Seung Hyun looked flustered for a second, before he returned the smile, a smaller, shyer one. 

“Oh, Seung Hyun,” he said, and as they locked eyes, he lost any and every word that might have slipped past his lips. He could hardly even grasp a sentence of conversation—all he could do was stare. They were nothing, huh. They had absolutely never held a proper conversation. They could hardly be called friends and yet… why does he affect me so much?

“Are you alright Ji Yong?” Seung Hyun asked carefully, looking him over. Ji Yong shook his head, moving his gaze away from Seung Hyun and flinching inwardly at the thought that he had might just been caught up staring like an idiot.

“Sure, I’m alright. I’m…” he looked around, his eyes landing on the script that Seung Hyun was holding. “I’m just having a hard time with my lines and it’s frustrating.” He took a deep breath and fed the same lie that he had to Seungri and Hyori, “I can’t seem to memorize them so I thought I could do it on my own, but I guess I was wrong,”

Seung Hyun smiled at him, “It’s always better to try and learn them with a partner, besides most of your lines are going to be done with me, we can definitely rehearse together. We can go somewhere else if you wish,” Ji Yong opened and closed his mouth, once more staring at Seung Hyun with a speechless expression. Seung Hyun fidgeted, feeling self conscious. “Only if you want, that is,”

Ji Yong snapped his mouth closed and then nodded his head enthusiastically. “Yes!” he said, and felt himself, strangely enough blush.

Seung Hyun offered him another smile, and nodded his head. “I’ll let Hyori know that we are heading out to rehearse somewhere else,” he said.

Ji Yong nodded and watched as Seung Hyun left back inside. He inched around the door, looking inside. Gaho sighed, rolling his eyes. “Why don’t you just tell him that you like him and get it over with?”

“Shut up, I do not,” Ji Yong hissed, and watched as Seung Hyun talked with Hyori. Hyori looked like she wasn’t sure about the idea but nodded when it looked like Seung Hyun had convinced her that it would be a great idea. Ji Yong didn’t have to know what they were saying, because he already knew better than anyone else when Hyori had told him and pressed on him about how the deadline for the first opening show was approaching and she was worried that he wasn’t going to know anything. Because of this, she was soon going to be holding full rehearsals of the play so that they could run it through before the actual opening night.

“Well, if you don’t like him, maybe he likes you,” Gaho offered.

Ji Yong pursed his lips. He could take a wild guess as to who Seung Hyun liked, and the name was not going to be Ji Yong. Flinching when he saw that Seung Hyun was returning, he walked far away from the door and turned his back to it, with his arms crossed. Gaho tried not to laugh, he really could not understand Ji Yong and the strange way that he was acting, but he did like that it was different from his usual cold self.

The only thing that he couldn’t decide was if Seung Hyun was actually good for Ji Yong or not. Right now it felt like everything that they were going through was just the end. Or it could be the end. Over the time, he had never seen Ji Yong smile as much as he did when he was around Seung Hyun. Nor blush as red as he often did so.

He could easily see it as Seung Hyun smiled and approached them with such an open expression. The way that Seung Hyun was always considerate about what he did and said around Ji Yong as he offered him several places that they could go. Finally, settling for a silent park, behind some trees, and the benches that were secluded hidden there for what might have been couples on a romantic escapade. Seung Hyun was truly gentle, and patient with Ji Yong that it left no room for abrasiveness.

“Where would you like to start?” Seung Hyun asked, ready to do anything that Ji Yong asked. Ji Yong fidgeted, the script that was now in his hand tightly being held between his tense hands.

“Let…let’s do the scene where we reveal to the audience that we are more than just the prince and his servant to each other,” Ji Yong quickly said, flipping through the script. Seung Hyun nodded, opening his own script to the scene. It was an easy scene where Ji Yong and Seung Hyun are left alone after everyone leaves, and the both of them turned to each other, with passionate intent, and share a few words of love, before they have to part ways. The scene is meant to represent where the prince’s affections lie while at the time he is being asked to meet and give a chance to the princess that he’s been appointed to marry.

“How is this a romantic tale,” Seung Hyun asked at one point, flushed as the only scene that Ji Yong seemed to be avoiding was soon approaching. The one scene where they shared their first kiss for all to see—but the one that Seung Hyun found himself reading over again, was that final goodbye kiss. He couldn’t believe when he had first read it that the fate of these two was forever to be apart from each other, torn finally away by battle, duty, and death.

“Let’s rehearse the last scene between us,” Ji Yong said. That was after all, the last scene ever that he was going to have with any lines in the play. Because after that, he was in battle, killed, and then left dead in a coffin.

“Ah, sure,” Seung Hyun muttered, taking his eyes off the script as he turned to Ji Yong once more. The blond was looking away from him, and off to the distance. A few minutes passed, before Seung Hyun cleared his throat and asked, “Are you ready?”

“Yeah,” Ji Yong whispered, and finally turned to look at him.

Seung Hyun briefly smiled, before growing serious and saying his first line. “You don’t have to go and fight. I want you to stay here by my side; I’ll talk to my parents! I’m the prince; I can change your fate,”

“Don’t you get it!” Ji Yong snapped, “My life was meant to be given up so that I can ensure your safety, the war outside has waged for too long! I have to go out there and fight, to ensure you a safer future. My life was never meant to be spent by your side, understand my prince,”

“My love, you have to understand that I don’t want you to leave my side!” Seung Hyun felt his stomach twist, his brows furrowing as if he had heard those words before. They just had not been spoken by him, they had been spoken to him—but there was not much time for him to think as Ji Yong lurched forward, grasping his face between both of his, and pulling it down into a fierce kiss.

The roaring cry in his ears died, and his thoughts fell on blank as he was pulled into the allure of that kiss. His lips curved against the pliant feel of Ji Yong’s own lips, and he slowly closed his eyes. Ji Yong parted his lips, for a second releasing his, but he found himself following after. His lips once more pressed to Ji Yong’s soft ones, gently coaxing them to move against his once more.

Ji Yong felt his stomach twist, and his heart jolt, his eyes quickly closing as he turned his head at an angle and eagerly pressed his lips harder against Seung Hyun’s. The awkward meeting of their lips soon become passionate and sloppily intense as they kissed- lips moving against lips as they lost themselves into the feeling.

Seung Hyun’s tongue came out to trace Ji Yong’s bottom lip, causing the blond haired dragon to moan in delight, slightly parting his lips so his tongue could meet Seung Hyun’s. The kiss had grown heated, and was about to get out of control when Gaho barked—making both of them jump slightly away from each other- panting hard.

“Oh…um,” Seung Hyun blushed, looking down at both his hands.

Ji Yong touched his lips. “I hope that is not the last time that I get to kiss your lips, for I hope I will be back. And when I back, we’ll kiss a thousand—no a million more times!” he finished his lines. For a moment his eye twitched as he brought his script up to cover his face. Seung Hyun on the other hand blinked, for a second thinking that those lines were just so corny and couldn’t help the tiny chuckle that left his lips.

Ji Yong peeked around the script towards him, blushing hard, before chuckling as well.

“Those are the best lines ever,” Seung Hyun commented. Ji Yong grinned.

“Hey, I didn’t write this, according to Seungri, it wrote itself,”

They both laughed.

“I can’t even imagine what was going to Hyori’s mind while she wrote this,” Seung Hyun said, looking at the end of the scene. The parting of the two forbidden lovers- and the end of their practical love story- it was a sad one.

For a moment, Ji Yong allowed himself to relax and feel the wind caress against his hair and cheeks. HE smiled, freely, just happy to have Seung Hyun here with him. “It’s a sad story, with an even sadder ending, but maybe that doesn’t have to be the end, you know,” Ji Yong said looking up at the slowly moving clouds.

Seung Hyun blinked at him for a second, and then followed his gaze up to the sky, “why do you say that?” he gently asked, trying not to break the sudden peace that had settled around them.

“I don’t know, maybe because I feel like I wouldn’t accept such an ending,”

Seung Hyun smiled gently as he watched the passing clouds a second more, before turning to Ji Yong once more, “Sad ending happen all the time, not everyone can have a happy ending you  know, there are sad endings as well. As much as we dislike them, they exist,”

“I know,” Ji Yong whispered, returning his amber gaze back to Seung Hyun and smiling sadly once more as he spoke from deep inside himself, “but for me, I feel like I could never just accept a sad ending you know. If I was the prince I would have done anything to be with the one that I loved, even gone to face death just to be with him in the next life.”

Seung Hyun looked at Ji Yong surprised, “you think that would be possible?” he asked, his tone sounding like his breath had just caught at the conviction in Ji Yong’s tone.

“Anything should be possible, if you want it bad enough,” Ji Yong said, his entire being serious as he said this and sighed, leaning his elbows on his knees as he stared out towards the trees. Seung Hyun found himself once again following his gaze, and wishing to know what it was that Ji Yong saw. For a moment wishing that he could see the world from Ji Yong’s own eyes.

“I suppose, if we wanted it bad enough,” Seung Hyun whispered.

“You know, I don’t know why I am here. I feel like I am always searching for something. Something that should be so close, but just eludes me the moment that it’s within my reach,” Ji Yong reached his hand out, as if reaching for something and Seung Hyun smiled.

“That feeling I do understand,” he said, “but I think that you are reaching the wrong way,” he said as he got to his feet, in front of Ji Yong and immediately grasped his hand in his. Ji Yong blinked, startled, and curled his fingers around Seung Hyun’s own with a slight perplexity.

“Huh,”

“I don’t think that you have to reach so much in front of you as you have to, beside you,” Seung Hyun explained, bringing Ji Yong’s hand close to his lips, and then met his eyes- his dark irises dancing with playful mirth.

Ji Yong sharply pulled his hand back to himself, causing Seung Hyun to gasp as his hand was still tightly hand in between those powerful digits. Ji Yong moved forward, his lips just an inch away from Seung Hyun’s.  “What are you saying—exactly?” he asked—scared that he was the one assuming things here.

Seung Hyun went crossed eyed, before closing his eyes, and moving the rest of the way to meet Ji Yong’s lips.

Ji Yong gasped, moving back and blinking innocently at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun blinked as well, and then allowed his fingers to slowly curl around Ji Yong’s own. “I’m saying that I would like to try being more—with you.”

Once again, Ji Yong found his heart jolting so hard inside his ribcage, trying to escape. He had so many questions at the tip of his tongue, and yet the one that popped out of his mouth was- “Why…”

“Because, it’s different with you,” Seung Hyun whispered, “Because out of everyone that I’ve kissed, you’re the only one that I want to keep kissing forever. Because I feel like I miss you. I need you. I can’t help but want to know who you are, to learn more about you…” Seung Hyun reached his other hand towards Ji Yong’s soft jaw, and tilted his head. “Of course, only if you feel the same way, I would like for us to try being more,”

Ji Yong swallowed hard.

Gaho looked from one boy to the other, his own small heart racing with panic as he watched Ji Yong actually consider the words that were spilling out of Seung Hyun’s mouth.  For a moment he wanted to cut in and end whatever was happening between the both of them—but he had little room to talk or say anything when Ji Yong nodded his head and moved forward once more, placing a small kiss on Seung Hyun’s lips, before they were kissing once more—hard and passionately.

He started to bark once again, trying to catch their attention.

He succeeded as Seung Hyun broke the kiss and turned to look at him. “Is something wrong with Gaho?” he asked. Ji Yong blinked, his fogged mind slamming back to earth as he looked over at Gaho, and reached to run his hand through his fur.

“No, he’s alright,” he said.

Seung Hyun nodded, and sat beside Ji Yong. “Do you want to go back to the theatre?” he asked. Ji Yong was about to nod his head when all of a sudden his stomach let out a large growl. He was painfully reminded that he had no money for food, and he had not gone hunting for anything to eat recently. He had not been able to feed Chip either, but Daesung, the owner of the building he was currently staying at, had offered to take him and take care of him. It had been a relief to him but at the same time, he still had Gaho and himself to take care of. “Or I guess I can treat you to lunch first,” Seung Hyun offered.

Ji Yong blushed, but he took Seung Hyun’s offered hand.

Any complain that Gaho had about this new development died under the promise of food filling his belly, and not something completely raw. Perhaps, Ji Yong getting a boyfriend was not the worst thing in the world. Especially if it meant that they were going to get regularly fed—he could live with this.


Seung Hyun was a bit dazed as he got home, unable to believe that he had just asked Ji Yong to go out with him. He had not directly asked him to be his boyfriend, but he was sure that it was implied by the way that they had kissed. Getting out of his car, he walked over to his house and smiled when he found his parents in the kitchen having dinner. “Hello,” he greeted.

“Hello Seung Hyun,” his parents greeted, “Come here son, your mother and I were just talking about when you were a baby,” his dad motioned for him to take a seat beside him.

Seung Hyun flinched, but did as he was asked. “What about it?” HE already knew that he about to be forced to remember something embarrassing that he had done when he was nothing but a little toddler.

“I was just telling your father about the time that I lost you,” his mother rolled her eyes, “Your dad can be so immature, of course I’ve taken great care of you!” she said. Seung Hyun frowned. That was something that he didn’t remember.

“I got lost?” he asked.

“Yeah, you were about four years old,” his mom said, nodding her head.

“Your mom was so careless with you, she should have already known how distracted you could get!” his father huffed, and then laughed, “she was so scared at the time. But you are my boy, you didn’t stay lost for long!”

Seung Hyun looked from one parent to the other with a frown on his face. He could not recall anything that they were talking about. Sure that he had been four years old, but he prided himself on having a good memory. His parents weren’t young anymore though, and they often told stories about him that he had no memories about—yet he enjoyed listening to them. He truly enjoyed his whole family, and he wouldn’t trade them for the world.


Ji Yong was still in a dazed as he got to his room, sighing deeply as he closed the door behind him, and then slid down with a sigh. Gaho jumped down from Ji Yong’s hoody and looked over his charge with a grin. “You can’t deny it anymore; you definitely have feelings for Seung Hyun,”

Ji Yong’s features took in a small confused frowned before his face became blank once more. “But why?” he asked. He had to admit that he had never felt anything like this before. At least, he couldn’t remember ever feeling something like this before.

Gaho frowned as well, he knew little about Ji Yong. He hadn’t been told much about his story, only that he had to do right by him and guide Ji Yong to what he was looking for. “Only God knows,” Gaho whispered as he looked away from Ji Yong. Ji Yong pursed his lips and gazed up at the ceiling with a slight frown on his face.

“I still have a lot that I am supposed to do right? I don’t really have time, right?” he asked, tilting his head to the side. “You’ve said so. So many times” Ji Yong curled into himself,” How can I search for something when I don’t even know what it might possibly be? Only God knows? That doesn’t help me. What if I stop,”

“Ji Yong?” Gaho got to his feet, scared at what Ji Yong was saying.

“I could happily end my days beside Seung Hyun and have no more worries- it’ll finally just end.”

Gaho gritted his teeth, “SO! You want to just give up, just like that! These memories are supposed to be important to you! You have to remember them! You have to try and remember what it is that you’ve lost!” Gaho roared, but it was useless. Ji Yong was no longer listening as he fell asleep against the door, his head supported on his knees, and his arms wrapped tightly around himself. “Ji Yong!” he cried in desperation.

He didn’t want to fail Ji Yong.

He knew that, but at the same time he realized that they were getting nowhere fast. God knows…oh how God Knows.

Taking a deep breath, he decided it was time for him to take the initiative, and ask for help. Moving close to Ji Yong, he made sure once more that Ji Yong was deeply asleep and that he was not about to wake up. He moved far away from his charge and approached the window. Looking up at the full moons light, he turned three circles to the left, and then he was gone, in a swirl of shadows.

He disappeared into darkness, filtered by only a strip of white light that seemed to go on forever. But he knew that it had an end, to the very door where he knew that he could reach the closest thing to God. Once there, he was greeted by another angel, one of the higher hierarchies that looked at him with disdain and worry.

“Gaho, what are you doing here? You shouldn’t come here,” the angel said as he looked down at him, arms crossed.

“I’m sorry Boss, but this is an emergency, I need to ask God exactly what his plan with Ji Yong is!”

Boss frowned, “You do realize that, that is not how things work,” Boss reached for a note. “I can’t guarantee anything.”

“I know! I don’t expect you to be able to, but I can’t help but feel that I have to try and ask. I need to know what Ji Yong’s fate will be,”

“That’s really up to you, isn’t; it?” Boss asked, giving Gaho a sharp look, “You are his guide, if you don’t lead him correctly, then there should be no question as to what his fate will be.”

Gaho gritted his teeth, “forgive me if I don’t want Ji Yong to pay with the same fate that I had to, I want him to reach his happiness. All I was told was that I had to help him find what he was looking for—but not even I know what that is! I don’t even know how to make him remember,”

Boss sighed, sorry for his friend’s fate. “Listen Gaho, that’s your challenge, you can’t give up on your charge, figure it out with all the means that you have!” He looked down at the note that he had written, “I’ll let God know as soon as I can about what you’ve asked, but I can’t guarantee you anything like I said, and I can’t guarantee a response, make sure you pray,”

Gaho nodded, “Thank you my friend, that is all I can ask,”

Boss shrugged, “Think nothing of it, now I think you should leave,”

Gaho gave him a sharp toothy grin, and saluted Boss before making his move to leave. He felt a little lighter and hopeful as he was leaving and going back to earth, to be beside Ji Yong. Traveling like that took so much energy, and he knew that he would not be able to do that again anytime soon. When he got there, he paused, a snarl pulling at his muzzle as he returned to the room, only to find someone else there with Ji Yong.

That little nameless ghost girl, who was crouching beside Ji Yong, looking at him with so much longing- “What are you doing here!” he snarled.

“Gaho,” she turned to him with a smile.

Gaho stared at her, for a moment recalling something that he had nearly forgotten. Mainly because he had just come back from a world that he had left behind a long time ago—the other part being that seeing her so close to Ji Yong reflected something.

This was the last act of mercy from the Gods

Once more, desperation filled him and the light feeling in his chest was gone, replaced by a thousand pounds of worry. “Why…why are you here?” he asked a little gentler, a little more breathless as the girl simply smiled at him, her hand reaching out and touching Ji Yong’s forehead as she always did whenever she came around---

It was another memory…


hope this chapter was good!! :)