Bum Actor

Beautifully Untamed

Beautifully Untamed

Chapter Five:

It was four in the morning, when Seung Hyun walked out the door of his house. The icy cold weather made him shiver causing him to pull his sweater closer to his body. He looked back once to make sure no lights . He was trying to leave without waking anyone from inside the house. Glancing back out at the cold dark morning, he was amazed that he could still see the moon shining brightly over the dark, cloudy sky. Yet it was peaceful enough that he could already hear the playful chirp of birds.

Fumbling with his keys, Seung Hyun walked over to his car, shoving his back pack inside as he took the driver seat and started his car. The engine roared to life, and he closed the door, placed on his seat belt and waited a few minutes as he tried to rub the remained of sleep from his eyes.

With finals done, Christmas in a few days, graduation around the corner, and his new found work schedule, Seung Hyun found that he was going to regret getting the early morning shift. But he needed the money as well as his evenings free so that he could audition and if he got the part he was going to have to practice. Today he was going to go to the National Theater, where Hyori said that she and her brother were going to be auditioning for the next three weeks. He took a deep breath, while promising himself that as soon as he got home he reacquaint himself with his bed and warm sheets. With the reassuring thought, Seung Hyun drove out of his house.

One of the best things about having to work early morning, it meant that there was no one out in the streets, save for a car here and there. He got to his work place on time, readjusting his back pack as he walked into the building. The receptionist gave him a friendly smile that he tiredly returned before going to his own office. There he sat at his desk, and immediately turned the computer on.

It was time to work!


Hyori was singing loudly as she sped through the freeway, not minding the icy roads as she tried to lose herself in the music. Her younger brother, who was beside her kept glaring out the window, mad at her that she would never play the music that he liked. Noticing his bad attitude, made her sigh and turn off the music with finality. He always knew how to kill the mood with that attitude of his. “Stop looking so constipated Seungri,” she hissed at him. “You always have to ruin a good mood,” she huffed.

Seungri turned to her, narrowing her eyes, “I’m not…stop making fun of me for once!” he hissed. “So what if you are feeling sorry now for ruining my mood! Just play your stupid music I don’t care” Seungri huffed, and turned back to the window, watching as the road and other cars sped by. Hyori grinned, chuckling softly to herself while mumbling about her cute brother. Seungri felt himself blush a little, forgetting his anger.

He could rarely stay angry at his sister.

With her driving, it didn’t take long for them to reach the theater, and the first thing that he did was run on the stage. A loud, excited scream left his mouth, along with joyous laughter. “I love this STAGE!” he bounced up and down, turning himself in circles. The deep red colors, the large wide venue, and the staggering amount of seats. Seungri felt small in the middle of it all, but at the same time as big as life! It was an incredible and indescribable feeling. He couldn’t keep still, as he ran off stage, looking at every part, taking in everything.  

Hyori felt much the same as her brother, but tried to restrain herself as the owner showed her around and told her about the stage. “There is a trap door in the front of the stage, so be careful with that,” the owner quickly mumbled. Hyori nodded and followed as they went to the wings, where the actor had to wait before coming inside. “Towards the back you will find that the backstage itself is like a dressing room, but we try to keep things clear and neat as possible. So please,”  

“We will,” Hyori smiled.

“And over here,” the owner said, taking her towards another area.

Seungri rushed past, his eyes already moving down an inconspicuous hall, the pitch darkness of it called his name. Seungri’s mouth went wide as he tried to look through, but to be honest; all he could see at the end was a sliver of light. He hesitated, placing a hand on the left wall, before walking inside. He only looked over his shoulder once to see his sister looking over some paperwork arrangements that the owner had given her, before he fully darted inside.

It was hard to see, but it wasn’t completely unnoticeable. There were several doors lining the hall. Whether it was long or short he couldn’t really tell, but he shivered at how cold it felt, and when the hairs on the back of his neck stood, it was like something was telling him to run away. But Seungri wasn’t the kind to listen to his own gut feelings, if he lived or die, he didn’t care, he wanted to experience life at its fullest!  

His eyes traced the highlighted edges of the doors. He opened one of doors, the one on the left side of the hall and slowly opened the door. When he looked inside, he found that it was a room, stark white, with mild light filling it. On the bed, the gray pasty covers were rising and falling making it obvious that there was someone sleeping there. Seungri let curiosity take over once again as he walked into the room and approached the sleeping body. He was a bit surprised to find that it was a man sleeping on the bed, he looked old and chubby. Seungri made a face, and left the room, closing the door behind him as he moved to open another one.

Seungri went through every door until he reached the one at the end. It was actually an exit. The sky was still slightly cloudy, but the sun was magnificently penetrating through the thin layers of them. Seungri sighed, looking up at the sky that he was surprised at the sound of the door closing behind him. The loud thud of it made him turn back and reach for the door only to realize that it was locked. He immediately hit the door with the edge of his hand, knocking his wrist against the door and screamed for someone to let him back inside. That was when he heard someone chuckle, and a cloud thick enough to block the sun momentarily passed by.

Seungri gasped, turning around. “No one is going to open,” the person said, signaling towards the door. The person was a young guy, dressed in the poorest clothes that Seungri had ever seen in his life. The torn knees made him flinch as many scenarios as to what could have happened to this guy crossed his mind. Looking back up, he saw that even though a beanie was pulled tight around the guys head, his eyes and face were clear, beautiful, and unearthly.

“Do…do you work here?” Seungri asked when the guy started to look through his pockets. Maybe he was mistaken. Maybe this guy was a worker here, or an actor and was playing a bum or something.

“Uh…no,” the guy said, “I was just passing by,”

“Oh, well that’s cool.” Seungri grinned, guess he was right. This guy was really a bum, scary, “I’m Lee Seungri, is good to meet you…” he left the end hanging, hoping to get a name, as he pulled his hand out to shake with the stranger.

The guy bit into his lower lip, looking at his hand, “Something wrong?” he asked, signaling to the hand as if it had offended him.

Seungri felt awkward, and pulled his hand back, “No…I just figured maybe you had come around for the auditions. My sister and I are both hoping that the play will be a hit, and want some good actors. We already have a few coming today,”

“The job you mentioned,” the guy said.

“Yeah, that,”

“Is it paid?”

“What…”

“Does it pay?”

“Yeah, it does,” Seungri said once he understood, wondering where this was going.

“I need the money then,” the guy mumbled, twisting his fingers over his pockets.

“Well, you’re welcomed to audition for us; do you have a headshot and resume with you?” Seungri asked, going back to professional. Maybe he had been right and this guy was an actor.  

“No, but I could go get you one,” The guy said, “That means you want me to shoot someone’s head off right? And a report of the kill…”

“Huh, no, no that is not what I meant. You are not an actor are you?” Seungri asked, perplexed at the answer he had gotten. It was either this guy was acting already, which meant he was good, because personally, he was freaking him out!  

“Not really,”

Seungri pursed his lips. He shouldn’t be wasting his time with someone that more than likely had no talent at all. Maybe he was insane, that was why he was out in the street. But the guy did look good. “What’s your name?”

“Ji Yong,”

Nodding his head, Seungri gestured for him to follow him. Both he and Ji Yong walked around the building to the entrance, and entered again. Seungri took a deep breath when they went into the stage and found his sister still talking with the manager and going over last minute rules before auditions today were started.

Ji Yong looked around him. Things inside buildings were neat, completely different from where acting had been done when he was younger. The earth proved to have changed a lot since then. But one thing had not changed for sure; people were still cruel and vile. Even when they were trying to act nice, that disgusting part of them still showed. Right now though, it wasn’t his position to be mean or snarl at anything. He already failed to get jobs at restaurants and such due to his dirty appearance that seemed to make people uncomfortable. He was at the end of his rope with a few bucks in his pockets. He needed to eat, and a place to live, otherwise his search for whatever it was that he was looking for would be futile.

He might have lost the trail here, but he was hoping to pick it up again soon. He was sure that he was in the right place, and he was closer to the thing he was searching for than he had been in years before. If he got this job, it would just be a step closer. So he followed the human that was going to give him a chance at the job that he needed.

Seungri decided that since his sister was still busy, he would give Ji Yong the script that he would need to read from. “Here’s a script. Each one of them is divided in the parts that are being auditioned today. We have the princess, the prince, the squire, and over the king, and this one is the queen, and the…” Ji Yong’s eyes were riveted on the pages that were being flipped over and over for each character. “You just read the parts that read the role you want to play, and someone else will read the other part, either me or my sister, of course,”

Ji Yong nodded his head, and then Seungri told him to sit and read and that when he was ready he should tell him. As soon as the man was gone, Ji Yong sat down in one of the velvety chairs and ruffled through the pages. “What are you going to do? You aren’t even an actor,” Gaho growled from his hoodie where he was hiding. Many establishments didn’t allow dogs, so it was better for Gaho to hid than to have Ji Yong nearly killing them.

Ji Yong shrugged his shoulders. “I can do this, how hard can it be. Just memorizing a few lines,” he muttered.

“Acting is an art, expression; you got to make people believe the feelings of your characters,”

“Uh huh,” Ji Yong said, his eyes focused on the words in front of him. Frowning, he took a deep breath and then said, “What role do you think I should go for?” he asked. He had no experience in acting, but most of the time he felt like he already had to act. He had to pretend to be something that he wasn’t and had to fit in with all these humans. How hard could this be?

“How about a simple one, like a stable boy or something,”

Ji Yong made a face. “Do stable boys make good money in this era?”

At this, Gaho sighed, “Go for the part of the prince then,”

Ji Yong nodded and didn’t say anything else as he read through the script.

Gaho on the other hand watched with rapt attention as people, actors to be precise, started to come in. Hyori seemed to be the main person to decide who got casted and who didn’t. Gaho watched performance through performance, every now and then glancing up at Ji Yong, but it seemed that his charge was too focused on the script in front of him to pay much attention.

Gaho thought everyone was really good and was worried about Ji Yong.

After a few hours of just sitting and reading, Ji Yong closed the script. Gaho turned to look at him, but Ji Yong remained seated, almost seeming as if he was thinking. “What are you waiting for! Go, before someone else gets the part of the prince!” Gaho urged.

Ji Yong jolted, and nodded his head. “Right,” he said. “Just keep down,” he added, standing and going over to where Seungri and a woman were seated at the front. He tapped Seungri’s shoulder once, making the man turn to look at him.

“Oh.”

“I’m ready,” he said.

“Okay,” Seungri grinned, “You can go after this guy,” he said. “He’s acting for the role of the prince,”

Ji Yong nodded, and watched the guy on stage, saying the lines he had read in the script. The man was extremely handsome, and very charismatic. He had a softness about him that seemed to make women around swoon whenever he said something and gave that awkward laugh of his. If acting meant women swoon, that Ji Yong was in. He found that women were easy prey to men’s look! He himself was handsome, and very charismatic.

“Thank you for your performance!” Seungri called before his sister died laughing and then said, “Ji Yong, get on stage,” he called. The other actors that were waiting sighed as they still had to wait. Ji Yong walked towards the stage and stood where the other man had previously been standing.

“Please, tell us the name of the role that you are playing,” Hyori called, smiling at the small bum that her brother had told her about a few hours ago. At first she thought that he had been joking, but seeing the guy now on stage, she was very much amused.

“I’ll be doing the part of the prince,” Ji Yong confidently said.

Hyori had to keep from giggling, and Seungri swallowed hard, nervous for the guy that was on stage. He knew that every actor here was going to be looking at this novice and judging his acting.

“Alright, let’s begin, I’ll be reading the part of the princess on this scene,” she said, “Turn to scene eighteen,” Multiple scripts turned to scene eighteen sharply, and Seungri closed his eyes. This guy was going to be eaten alive. Hyori cleared her voice, and started. “My prince, I see that you’ve changed from when I last saw you,”

“And so have you, my darling princess.” Ji Yong’s voice was endearing, almost fond, and at the same time very charming. “You’ve gotten even more beautiful than I remember,”

“Please, prince, you are the one that has become even more good looking than I have,” Hyori found herself nearly blushing as if she was really being the one addressed.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Ji Yong said. “Come now, the King and queen will be waiting for us,”

Here is where both head into the throne room, but find it empty.

“Where are the king and queen?”

“Perhaps, they have yet to arrive,”

A small pause, “What do you think about our arranged marriage?”

“It’s for the good of the kingdom, is it not? We will build a powerful empire, with our marriage,”

“Is that really all our marriage is?”

“We are royals, what else would we marry for?”

“I was just hoping…I mean, before all of this we always met for play dates, so we’d know each other, and I hoped, you would fall in love with me, and I with you,”

At this Ji Yong scoffed as he was supposed to, even throwing in a humiliating laugh that made Hyori feel like she was the one being ridicule, “You really thought that love had anything to do with this, no,” he shook his head. “I could never be in love with you…”

“Wh…why not?”

Pause. “I…just can’t.”

“Okay, stop!” Hyori said, rising to her feet and clapping her hands. “That was really good, I really like the emotion that you place on your words, but” she said, trying to catch her own breath. “Kid, can you remove that beanie, please” she asked.

Ji Yong glared at being called kid, “Sure,” he said.

The moment that Ji Yong removed his beanie, several gasps went around the room. The doors to the entrance opened and in came one Choi Seung Hyun, in time to catch the scene that had everyone staring with mouths agape.

With his beanie off, Ji Yong had long blond hair…and he looked like a girl. 


He closed his eyes letting his heartbeat slow down, only to blink them open as fear got back as fast as it was gone when he heard a crystalline laugh echoing through the forest. A long blond hair woman was looking at him from the cavern hole laughing at the pathetic being he was. As she approached him, He noticed her flat and chest, her strong built arms, … concluding that the pretty girl was actually a man but a stunningly beautiful one. As the longhaired male came closer, He could see a wide smirk twitching full lips and an amusing glint shinning in deep amber pupils.

The godly sight made his heart come back to life and it seemed like the organ wanted to throw itself at the other, thumping furiously against His ribcage when the blonde's melodious voice asked:“What were you afraid of, beautiful? Looks like you've seen a dragon?”

The newcomer laughed again as His voice was failing him, air seemed to rarefy as the other came so much closer, invading his personal space. The brunette gulped the invisible lump in his throat so he was able to manage a stutter: “Wh.. Who are y.. you?”

Another laugh was heard and the blonde's face was now inches away from his, when the other answered, the beautiful voice taking His breath away.   


(Ending By Didoe84-Original story if you all have read it)

Hope this chapter was good. You can all guess what will happen next? 

.........6 <---- apperantly my kitty says hi lol, she's trying to get on my laptop. xD