Fated or Not?

Romance With Me

 

12 years ago...

"YAH! Kim Kibum! What are you doing?" a little girl yelled at another little boy. The boy that was called Kibum stuck his tongue out. He ran away with a stuffed giraffe key chain doll in his left hand. The little girl tried to chase him but she failed.

"If you want to take this chase me first, Kyo Rin!" he shouted and ran faster.

"Aniyo! Give me my doll back!"

"Noooooo way!"

"KIM KIBUM!"

They were running all over the park when suddenly Kyo Rin's mom called her.

"Kyo Rin! Let's go home!"

"Aish!" Kyo Rin stuck her tongue and ran toward her mom. Kibum stuck his tongue back and laughed. Then his mom called him and brought him back home, the one next to Kyo Rin's house.

 

- Now

-- Kyo Rin's POV --

"Yes, Umma. I'm at the airport now. The flight is one more hour. I'll call you when I board into the plane. Ne. Don't worry about me, Umma. Saranghae~" I ended my conversation with my mom and put my phone inside my handbag.

I was sitting in the waiting room, waiting for the plane to Korea. I'm in Paris, studying about designing clothes and so on to catch my dream: to be a designer. Or at least, fashion consultant for young artists. After finished my study, now I'm going back to Korea.

I missed my family so much. They barely have time to visit me so I just tell them to stay in Korea. It have been 3 years since I went here... How tall is my little sister now? Is appa still having problem with his baldness? What is umma doing right now?

"Excuse me, may I sit here?" someone stopped my daydreaming. I glanced at him. He was a tall boy with... erm... a weird hairstyle? He looks familiar to me, I don't know why. There were some other boys behind him, sat nearby and chatting on one another. Looks like he's the one who haven't got any seat.

I nodded my head and pulled my handbag from the chair next to me. He sat there.

"Gomawo..." said him. My eyes widened. I turned my head until I face him and stared at him with confusion.

"Waeyo? I heard you talking in Korean!" said him, understanding my stare.

"Yeah, I'm just, just surprised to heard someone spoke in Korean to me. I kinda... miss it," I said to him with a flat tone.

"Oh," he just said that and shut his mouth. Thank God, I said to myself.

There was an awkward silence for more than 15 minutes, but I didn't really care. I was busy listening to my iPod and sometimes checking my phone. Just that.

 

-- Key's POV --

The girl next to me seems familiar. Yeah, she's familiar to me. Her face reminds me of someone, but who?

I kept staring at her and she didn't notice me. Good.

"Key-hyung! Come here!" someone shouted at me. I turned my head. It was Minho and Taemin. They're holding 5 cans of soft drink. I walked towards them.

"Nah, why did you call me?" I said to them.

"Here, have this," Jonghyun-hyung tossed a can of softdrink to me. I opened the can and drank it up.

"Having a good time?" asked Onew, teasing of course. I just pouted at him.

"You met a beautiful girl. Congratulations, hyung," said Taemin. Minho just nodded his head.

"What are you guys say?" I tossed the empty can into a trash can nearby.

"Aaaaah, don't be so like that Key!" said Jonghyun. He smirked at me.

"Yah! You guys are all weird!" I left them, grumbled to myself. Then I sat on my seat again. I glanced at her. Wow, she's asleep now, with earphones still on her ears. I wonder what song is she listening to? Is it my... I mean, SHINee's song?

 

-- Kyo Rin's POV --

I felt someone shaking my body.

"Hey, wake up, we have to board into the plane!" I heard a faint boy's voice talked to me. I opened my eyes and blinked, then I saw a face. The-guy-that-sat-next-to-me-early's face. I yawned and stood up. He stood up too, and walked to the gate.

"Huh? What time is it?" I checked my wristwatch. Then I got my bag and walked towards the gate, ready to get into the plane.

--In the Plane--

"34, 35, 36... 37!" I said to myself, holding my handbag, searching for my seat. After I found it, I sat there with my handbag on my lap. There's only one seat next to mine, I wonder who will sit there?

"Oh, you again," said someone. I turned my head and see the-guy-that-sat-next-to-me-early again. Gosh, I sighed to myself.

"I think I have to sit here," said him again. I just nodded my head, completely ignoring him.

"Hey, don't ignore me like that!" he scolded me, a bit angry. I glared at him.

"Who are you? Why do you have to tell me something like that?" I snapped angrily at him.

"Aish! You even don't know who I am? Fine. I'm Kim Kibum from SHINee!" something flashed in my mind. Kim Kibum, looks like I've heard that name, but where? When? How?

"And who are you?" he asked me with a friendlier tone. I raised my head.

"Jung Kyo Rin," I replied shortly. I saw something changed in his face. Huh, I don't care.

 

-- Key's POV --

She said her name is Jung Kyo Rin. The same name as my childhood friend, no, enemy. Err, wait. My very first love.

I stared at her face again, and I realized it. She's the same Kyo Rin. It's her, absolutely.

>flashback

After playing in the park, I went home with my mother, still grabbing Kyo Rin's keychain in my hands.

I took a bath, had dinner and so on, until our family's relax time came.

My mom was chatting with my father in the diningroom. I was in the livingroom, watching TV alone with Kyo Rin's keychain still in my left hand.

"I heard our neighbor will move soon," said Mom.

"Is it true? Well, they're a nice family and neighbor," said Father while he's taking a sip of his coffee. I tried to hear some other words but I can't.

Kyo Rin? Move? To where? When? Why? I stared at the stuffed giraffe.

The next day, when I wanted to return the keychain back to Kyo Rin, I found that her house's empty.

>end of flashback

"Hey, fasten your seatbelt!" said someone to me. I stopped my day dreaming and turned my head to the voice's source. It was Kyo Rin. She glared at me.

"Wear your seatbelt!" she pulled my seatbelt and fasten it on me.

"Hey, too tight!" I yelled at her.

"Wear it yourself, pabo!" she snapped back. I released the seatbelt and wear it by myself. Really, this girl, is as annoying as she was when we were still kids... does she remember me?

"Stupid stuffed giraffe!" I whispered, but loud enough for her to hear.

"What did you just say?" she asked, a bit surprised.

"Stupid stuffed giraffe!" I said to her louder. I think it's the right time to make her remember me. Her eyes grew wider.

"What do you mean..."

"Here," I gave her my tiny stuffed giraffe keychain. Actually it's hers. I got it from her 12 years ago. She gasped.

"That's mine..." she grabbed it from my hand. Then she stared at me.

"... Kibum?" I felt relieved because she remembered me. I chuckled and nodded my head. "Call me Key from now on,"

"You little pabo," she punched my arms lightly and laughed. "Why didn't you tell me when we were in the airport?"

"Mianhae, I just remembered a moment ago," I said to her. "You've changed a lot,"

"Do you think you didn't change?" said her, giggling. "And now you're a member of... what?"

"SHINee! Have you heard about it?" I asked her. She shook her head. I got my iPod, turned it on, and played SHINee's song. Then I gently placed the earphones on her ears.

"Umm... nice song, what's the title?" asked her.

"Replay," I replied. She smiled and sang some part of the song. Finally I saw the smile that I've missed for years...

 

-- Kyo Rin's POV --

So he's Kibum... eh, Key? My childhood friend, err, enemy? What a coincidence. And now he's in a group? Great. I felt like I have missed so many news from my homeland.

He gave me my stuffed giraffe back. That's how I recognized him. He surely have changed a lot.

Now I'm listening to his group's song, what's the name again? Shi, shi, oh yes, SHINee.

He also told me about his group, like who is the leader, the members, the maknae, their songs, their shows, and so on. Now I know that the other four boys that came with him is his group-mate. I know which one is Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, or Taemin.

Then suddenly the song that was played in Key's iPod changed.

"Neo gateun saram tto eobseo..."

"Key, is this your group's song?" I unplugged one of the earphone from my ear and placed it on Key's ear. I saw him blushed a little but I don't mind. He listened to the song.

"Oh, this is our sunbaenim's song, Super Junior's song. The title is No Other, It's their newest single," he explained to me. I nodded my head and listening to the song again. Then he gently placed one of the earphone on my ear again. I felt my cheeks a bit hot, I'M BLUSHING! What happened to me?

I spent the flight by chatting with him and asking him about anything in Korea. Every second I felt something changed and changed. It seemed that I'm very comfortable by his side, and I don't want this flight over. Is this feeling... Am I... Am I falling for him?

 

-- Author's POV --

After one hour of flight, Kyo Rin fell asleep. Key, who realized that, gently placed Kyo Rin's head on his shoulder for support. He covered her with the plane's blanket and soon fallen asleep, with his left arm around Kyo Rin's waist, and his hand grabbing her hand tightly.

--some hours later--

Key opened his eyes, blinked, and yawned for a while. Then he felt Kyo Rin's head on his shoulder, and his left hand tightly gripping her hand. He blushed really hard. He didn't want to wake her, she looked so tired. All he can do is just being in the position until Kyo Rin wake.

"Mm..." Kyo Rin yawned and woke up.

"Hello, Ms. Sleepy-head," said Key. He smirked at her. Kyo Rin stuck her tongue out. Then she felt something gripping her right hand. Kyo Rin pulled her hand and blushed when she realized that it's Key's hand. Key also blushed.

"Mianhae..." said Key nervously.

"A, ah, it's ok," Kyo Rin replied back and smiled. Key just tighten his hug on Kyo Rin's waist.

"Yah! What are you doing?" she yelled and slapped Key's arm lightly, but then she chuckled. Key pulled his arm from Kyo Rin.

"If you don't mind..." Key smirked. Kyo Rin giggled.

"Just put it back..." said her. She pulled Key's left arm and placed it around her waist.

"Is it OK?" asked Key. She nodded her head shyly. "Yeah. I don't mind," she tried to act like she doesn't bother with it but ended up failed.

Key laughed a little more and hugged her again. He brought her near to him slowly.

"Yah! What are you..." Kyo Rin was about to yell again when suddenly Key turned her head until she faced his face and kissed her. She froze for a moment but she didn't pull back and couldn't help but kissed him back. After a minute...

"Stop that, this is public!" Kyo Rin pulled out from Key with a very red face. She pinched Key's hand but smiling in the same time.

"You haven't called me with my name," said Key, pouted.

"Aish, this boy,"

"Call me by my name,"

"Key-ah, that doesn't suit you at all!" she laughed. Key grinned and pinched her waist.

"That hurts!" she yelled, but Key covered .

"Call me with oppa! Oppa!" said Key, he tried to sound angry but he can't.

"'Kay! That hurts, Key... urgh, oppa," Kyo Rin blushed when she said 'oppa'. Key laughed.

"Then, should I call you Chagi?" asked Key, teasing her. She blushed even more and didn't answer his question.

"Well then, Chagi will do," said Key with a smirk on his face. "Chagi-ah..."

"No! Don't call me with 'chagi'!" Kyo Rin snapped at him. "We're not a couple at all..." said her.

"We're a couple," said Key again. "From now on," he gave Kyo Rin a peck on her lips and smiled warmly.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the very very late update! and for Kyo Rin who requested this chapter, thanks for requesting! Sorry for the waiting!

Comments are love! :D