Chapter 2

Royals: Snow Queen
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 

K! Society Update (Monday-September 15, 20XX)

 

Moving on to the other news. Does anyone want a fish? No? How about a handsome fish? I think maybe this two cats do and will gladly kill for it. Curious to know who those cats are? It is Ms. Im Yoona, the daughter of Muscle King who is mentioned earlier, while the other one is Ms. Jung Soo Jung, the daughter of Dairy Queen (yes, I know what you are think and let’s all sing: it’s a small world after all!). The cat fight happened (wait a minute, I’ll just get my popcorn *munch munch*) at the Phantom, an exclusive bar here in the metro. It was reported that the two wild cats were fighting for the attention of a handsome fish, Mr. Kim Jongin, who was seen laughing while watching the two pull each other’s hair out. According to my source, there was no real harm done on both sides when the security finally came. The only casualty was a knocked down unknown bartender who was kind enough to break the fight when it became apparent that our Playboy Prince didn’t want to stop it (it looks like he’s too concerned for his face to care). Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Oh my pretty pretty boy…

 

 Anyway, that’s life my dear tadpoles!

 

Your nosy long-legged amphibian friend,

 

 

“KAI! Wake up!”

 

“No!”  Kai shouted while placing his pillow over his head, trying to block the noise and go back to sleep. But after a few seconds, someone snatched his blanket away and shook his shoulder. Annoyed, he threw the pillow to his tormentor who interrupted his sleep, and sat up in the bed.  “What’s your problem?! I was up all night! Why won’t you let me sleep?!”

 

“KIM JONGIN!” Thankfully, Mr. Kim, Kai’s father, dodge the pillow that was going to hit his face in time. “What time did you get home last night? It’s already afternoon and you’re still sleeping! Don’t you have any useful things to do with your life? I thought you have a class today.”

 

Kai gave his father a deathly glare. “So what? When did you get so worried about my well-being? As far as I can remember, you don’t give a damn with what I do with my life. As long as I don’t disturb you, you’re quite content ignoring me while living in your own happy world. Where are all this fatherly concern coming from? It doesn’t look good on you. Go back to your business!”

 

He was about to stand up when a fist landed on his jaw. The pain made him lose balance and he fell on his bed again.

 

“IT’S TIME YOU LEARNED SOME RESPECT! WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?! Yes, I’m quite happy ignoring your existence. I prefer to have you gone. If I could disown you, I would’ve done that ages ago. But what can I do? Unfortunately, you’re a part of this family. And no one is going to smear the reputation of this prestigious family, not even you!”

 

Clenching his fist, Kai looked away from where his father was standing. Of course! This was all about their elite and prestigious family. He should’ve known. This was what all his father talked about – that their family should always be the best at anything, that their family should always be ahead of anyone, that their family should always be perfect. His father was so obsessed in showing off to the society their impressive and great family name. He was more concerned in perfecting his work, his business, just so he can boast to others, rather than taking care of his wife and son.

 

When Kai was a child, he’d do everything  to become what his father wanted him to be, a perfect dutiful heir. He didn’t have a choice because this was ordered to him by his be

Please log in to read the full chapter