Chapter 4

Royals: Snow Queen
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

K! Society Update (Thursday - September 25, 20XX)

 

Our Playboy Prince is indeed full of surprises! Last night, he surprised us all (or is it just me?) when he attended the engagement party for the King and Queen of Hearts with his father. Who would have thought that we could see him go to a formal (wholesome) party? I must admit, I’ve always assumed that he only goes to those wild ones in bars. Well, I guess I’m happy to be proven wrong. (turning a new leaf are you, pretty boy?)

 

But wait, there’s more! Because his biggest surprise of the night was when our playboy asked Ms. Bae Suzy, our resident Plumpy Princess, for a dance! (I almost jumped in shock! Okay, did I miss something important? Is our world going to end soon? Or did I just get warped to another dimension? I don’t know what’s happening to our world anymore!) But though it might seem like an odd pairing to most of us, there’s one thing this confused Frog is sure of, that the two of them were seen smiling very widely while dancing. Oh, are they enjoying each other's company?

 

 

From your nosy long-legged amphibian friend,

 

Kai entered the hall with his perfect-son mask on. Like what his father said, he talked and smiled like a good boy to his father's business associates. If only this was a movie, he was sure to win the ‘Best Actor’ award. Well, with all these things going on, it really looked like he was indeed in a movie. He was the actor while his father was the scriptwriter for this night.  

 

“Good evening, Mr. Bae. I don’t believe you’ve met my son, Kim Jongin,” his father said, introducing Kai when they saw the Baes.

 

“Oh, Mr. Kim. It’s nice to see you and your son here,” Chansung greeted while shaking Kai’s and his father’s hand. "Are you enjoying the party?"

 

Enjoying? Are they joking with him? Kai could not take it anymore. He felt like he was going to explode from all these pretenses! He wanted to take revenge for this evening, for the time he was forced to spend with his father’s boring business partners, for the good boy role he was forced to act the whole night. So when Mr. Bae looked at him and asked the question, he yawned as an answer. A big obvious yawn.

 

Kai's father could not believe what he did. His father’s face was all flushed. If it could, his father’s hair would even turn red from embarrassment. He was so mortified from Kai’s spectacle that did not know where to look, whether to the Baes to apologize or to Kai to scold him. And the only sound that was coming from him was a weird choking noise. All he could utter was, “J-jongin!” 

 

On the otherhand, Fei and Chansung Bae looked like they were not affected by Kai’s disrespect at all and were unsuccessfully trying to supress their laughter. “I told you this is a boring party. All talk, and no thrill,” Chansung laughingly said to his wife while Fei just smiled and tenderly placed her hand on to her husband’s arm. 

 

“I’m really sorry Mr. and Mrs. Bae. I don’t know what got into my son’s head.” Kai’s father was bowing his head while giving his son a deathly glare.

 

But both of them just chuckled. “Oh, don’t worry about it. I suppose this party cannot be compared to the ones you’ve attended. I’m sure they’re really fun,” Fei teased the rebellious boy in front of her. But before Kai could say another word, someone spoke over the microphone.

 

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Thank you for coming here tonight to join us…”

 

After hearing the announcement, Chansung looked back at Mr. Kim again. “Oh, it’s already starting. Excuse us, it’s time for Mir and Jia’s dance,” He said his farewells to both of them before he accompanied his wife to the center of the dancefloor and left both Kai and his father standing there.

 

Funny how everything in this world seemed to move fast nowadays. Everything seemed to be in an instant, even karma.

 

Few seconds after the couple left from their sights, Mr. Kim tightly clasped his son’s arm. “If you know what’s good for you," his father said in a deceptively calm voice, "you’re gonna get out of my sight, look for their only daughter and ask her for a dance to atone for your mishap tonight!” 

 

It was obvious from his father’s face that he was trying hard not to show his anger in public. Kai was sure that his father was already reaching his limits. And he knew better than to argue with him right now so he went away, thinking of the repercussions of what he did tonight.

 

His eyes roamed around the hall, looking for the girl he was ordered to dance. He didn’t know her personally but he did know her name and face. Who wouldn’t know about Ms. Bae Suzy, the only daughter of one of the richest families in the country? Even if she’s hardly seen in any party and gathering, everyone still knew her.  And that’s why just after seconds of looking, his eyes locked on to his prey who was talking to some girl. Grudgingly, he went to the corner where they were standing and intercepted them.

 

Once there, Kai cleared his throat but unfortunately, he was not heard by the two. The two girls were about to walk away, so taking a desperate measure, he stepped in front of them. Giving his most beguiling smile, he asked, “May I have this dance?”

 

Suzy looked at the man who was asking the question, shocked. She didn’t know if she heard it correctly. Did this man really ask her for a dance? She looked back to see if someone’s standing behind her. She looked at her side to see if he was asking Min. But Min, seeing her confusion, nodded and winked at her. And when realization started to sink in, she could not th

Please log in to read the full chapter