Chapter 3

Royals: Snow Queen
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

K! Society Update (Monday-September 22, 20XX)

 

Everyone is excited for the upcoming engagement party this Wednesday! To those who still don’t know (Are you really, as in REALLY sure that you’re invited? Are you a party crasher perhaps? Go check it first if you have an invitation.), it is going to be held at the Iris Palace, one of the hotels owned by the Meng Family. The dress code will be formal. And when this Frog says formal, it will NOT be like your high school prom kind of party. This will be a red carpet, star/elite-studded, grand and glamorous type (so don’t be confused or you’ll be the laughingstock of the whole society). But don’t worry (if you’re unfortunately not invited or if you’re thrown out of the doors), because you can surely count on this Frog to sharpen my froggy senses and give you the most interesting news in the one of the most anticipated events of the year!

 

By the way, did you know that the wedding is going to be held on Valentine’s Day next year?

 

From your nosy long-legged amphibian friend,

 

Jia put down the phone and looked at the girl beside her. She laughed out loud, thinking of the article she just read. “How did she know? I’m amazed at her skills!” She raised her two hands while still laughing. “Gosh! How did she know that our wedding is going to be on February 14 next year? I wonder where she got her information. Only few people know that date. We’re supposed to announce it on our engagement party but now she announced it for us.”

 

Suzy, who was still fiddling her phone, looked up. “Everyone would also like to know where she gets her information. She’s really really good. Do you know the owner of the Milestone Corporation?” she went on asking.

 

“The biggest publishing company?”

 

She nodded. “Just two weeks ago, Mommy Long Legs revealed their daughter’s secret boyfriend. No one knew she’s dating a foreigner. Everyone was shocked! See? That’s how amazing she is!” 

 

“Wow! I agree, she’s great! Seriously, I think her spying skills are good. Our government should hire her as a spy.”

 

The girls continued to talk, about Mommy Longs Legs to anything they could think of, while having a nice cup of coffee in a café. They were resting there, tired of what they did earlier that day. Actually, they were out shopping the whole morning because yesterday, Suzy got a phone call from Jia that she needed help in finding an engagement gift for her fiancé and she agreed to help her future sister-in-law. They went to almost all the shop and walked around the mall, going from one shop to another to find the perfect engagement gift for Mir. It was already afternoon when Jia was satisfied with what she bought so Suzy asked for them to eat and rest in the café nearby.

 

“By the way, unnie, is everything ready for the engagement party?” Suzy asked, curious about the preparation for the upcoming party.

 

“Mmm…” Jia stopped to think before nodding. “Yes, I think everything’s set. I’ve already called the planner and she said that everything is ready for the party. How about you? Are you ready?”

 

The question was only answered by a timid smile. “When did I become ready for parties and such? I’ll never be ready. It’s really not my thing. And I’m always awkward when it comes to that. Even in my own 18th birthday, I didn’t want any party. Mom insisted for me to have one but I opposed.  I’d rather celebrate it quietly and without a fuss. I’ll just attend the engagement party because I love you and Mir oppa.”

Please log in to read the full chapter