Chapter 5

Royals: Snow Queen
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

K! Society Update (Thursday - September 25, 20XX)

 

Oh, I’m sure you know how good the party was last night so let’s move on and talk about the fashion!

 

With the biggest and ugliest diamond on (I cannot believe that someone could somehow make a precious diamond look dreadful.), Dairy Queen looked like someone choked her. (Did she take the meaning of a choker too literally?) Or maybe, she really did choke from eating so many canapés from the party. I just hope that she was able to breath and survived the night. But unfortunately, this can't be said to Ms. Ham Eun Jung, the Dramastar Princess, and to her hideous faux fur she was proudly flaunting. My goodness! I thought some poor animal died on her shoulder. Talk about major fashion failure!

 

On the good side, no one can fault the fashion sense of our King and Queen of Hearts! Our King Mir looked dashing in his Armani tuxedo, which hugged his muscles wonderfully (Talk about gorgeous!) while his Queen Jia looked sophisticated but with a hint of rocker chic in her slitted Monique Lhuillier dress. Did you see her long legs? It was to die for! And then there’s the new addition in town, Ms. Lee Minyoung. She is the daughter of the Minister Lee and just arrived from New York. She attended the party wearing a Hepburn-esque little black dress with matching killer red Jimmy Choo pumps. (Oh, a classic Breakfast at Tiffany's vibe? Maybe she already misses the Big Apple.)

 

 

But the award of the most interesting look goes to Ms. Yoona and Ms.Soo Jung, who were sporting a wet, well, more on drenched look last night. (Wait, did it rain last night?) Maybe they're trying to introduce a new trend? (Ugh!)

 

From your nosy amphibian friend,

 

 

Once they were out of hearing and too far for Kai to see them, Suzy felt the tightening of the hand that was holding her. It was too tight that she was sure it was going to bruise the following morning. She winced a little, trying hard not to show that she was in pain. She wouldn’t give them any satisfaction, she wouldn’t let them see her hurting.

 

“You!” Krystal hissed. “You do really have some nerve, don’t you?!”

 

Suzy just gave them a passing glance even though she knew what… or who they were talking about. It was just ironic that these two were fighting each other for Kai’s attention a few days ago and then now, they were like bestfriends, united in giving her a difficult time just because she danced with Kai.

 

“Don’t even try acting ignorant! You know who we are talking about!” With that, Yoona tightened even more her hold on Suzy’s arm.

 

She didn’t want to be bullied by these two but they were in her brother’s engagement party and Suzy didn’t want to make a scene that will embarrass her family. If Yoona and Krystal want to intimidate her because of that simple dance, let them be. 

 

“Why are you not saying anything?” Krystal’s looks were now livid. “What is your relationship with Kai?”

 

But instead of forcing her to answer, Yoona laughed, a mocking high pitch laugh, at the question. Finally, she let go of Suzy’s arm and was now shaking her head. “Oh, Krystal, what are you saying? Don’t give her ugly little head any ideas. Of course, they have no relationship. Kai and her? KaiZy? Ewww!!!” She shuddered. “Even imagining it makes me want to puke.”

 

They looked at each other and laughed like it was the world’s greatest joke. Fortunately, they were having so much fun that they did not see the hurt look that flashed in Suzy’s eyes. It was just for a second but she quickly replaced it with a blank stare. She knew that they wanted her to breakdown but no, she would not give in to them. She was better than that. She was better than them.

 

“Excuse me,” she whispered, her head bowed down. If this was going to happen to her, maybe it’s better to leave them alone. She really didn’t want to ruin her night by their hurtful words.

 

“Oh no you don’t!” Yoona pulled her arm again, stopping her from walking away. “Kai may have danced with you, but remember this, it won’t happen again! So get don’t any idea. You’re not his type and will never be!”

 

“Yeah,” Krystal butted in. “As if a fat girl like you have a chance with him. He won’t even give you a glance.”

 

They would not let her go and now she was nearing her limit. Suzy like to think she was a patient woman but these two were really something. “Oh, really? He won’t even give me a glance? So tell me, why did he dance with me and not with you?”

 

She wanted to smile. She just threw a witty remark to their face. But before she could smile because of her little triumph over the two, Yoona talked again. “You didn’t know? Poor big fat you.” It was uttered with pity but her eyes was glistening with malice. “He just asked you to dance because his father ordered him to. When we arrived, we saw his father. We asked him where Kai was and his father told us what he ordered for him to do. What did you think? As if Kai would dance with you because he wanted to. You wish!"

                                                                                 

It hurt. It was really pretty obvious that Kai didn’t like to dance with her. Suzy knew that there must be a reason for what he did. But it still hurt knowing the reason, knowing that he was forced to dance with her. Although her initial reaction to their dance was annoyance, eventually they stopped bickering and became at ease with each other. They even smiled and exchanged a few friendly words. She thought of how it was so easy to be with him, to be friends and to forget. Yes, that was the problem, she had forgotten. It was a mistake. A few minutes of a casual conv

Please log in to read the full chapter