Chapter 1

Royals: Snow Queen
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

K! Society Update (Monday-September 15, 20XX)

 

What is the best excuse to splurge money in expensive clothes and sets of jewelleries? A party. Well, you’re in luck (or maybe not, if you don’t have any money) because Mr. and Mrs. Bae will be throwing an engagement party next week for their eldest son Bae Mir and their future daughter-in-law Meng Jia (or as this Frog likes to call them, the King and Queen of Hearts).

 

All the royalties in the land are invited. Just yesterday, with the help of my froggy senses, I heard the Dairy Queen (literally, she became wealthy because of milk) boasting that she will be wearing her newly bought Versace gown. I also heard the Muscle King (because he is just so rich in muscles) complaining that his wife ordered a diamond necklace just for the party.

 

A friendly reminder my dear tadpoles, I know it’s a good thing to be prepared but please exercise some restraint!

 

From your nosy long-legged amphibian friend,

 

 

 

“Oppa! Look! Your name is on K! update again!  Mommy Long Legs really loves to write about you and Jia unnie.” Suzy excitedly entered their dining room while pointing at the cellphone she was holding.

 

Her brother Mir gave her an exasperated look. “Bae Suzy!!! How many times do I have to tell you to NOT read her updates? It’s full of rubbish!” He took advantage of her preoccupation and got hold of her phone. “Instead of reading that, why don’t you eat your breakfast?” Mir nodded at the dining table where the maids were preparing their food.

 

Suzy pouted at her brother. “I’m not hungry. I’m not going to eat.” She knew her brother’s weakness for his baby sister and she intended to use this knowledge against him. So, Suzy continued to pout, very sure that her brother would give in to his favourite sister.

 

“Oh! Now, my cute baby sister is angry,” Mir cooed while pinching Suzy’s round cheeks. “Okay, okay. You win! Here,” he returned her phone and affectionately ruffled her hair. “You know I can’t bear to see my favourite baby sis looking upset.”

 

“Well of course, I’m your favourite sister. And who can it be other than me? Mrs. Hwang?” she jokingly pointed at the old lady who was busy supervising the maids. “You have no choice. I’m your only sibling. No return, no exchange!” Suzy stuck her tongue out.

 

“Miss Suzy, don’t involve me in your fight with Sir Mir when I’m just doing my job here. Do you want me to tell your parents that the two of you are fighting?” the old lady teased while the two siblings laughed. Mrs. Hwang was their head housekeeper in the mansion and was serving the Bae family for a very long time, even before Mir and Suzy were born. She was already a family to them, so they’re comfortable with her exchanging banters.

 

“Mrs. Hwang, who’s fighting?” said by a beautiful woman who just entered the dining room.

 

 “Mom! You’re already here!” Suzy went to her mother’s side and gave her a kiss while Mir greeted their father who also entered the room.

 

“Mom, do you know what oppa did? He confiscated my phone.”

 

“I already gave it back to her,” Mir defended himself. “I told her that I can’t stand watching my favourite baby sis upset so I gave it back.”

 

“Hmmp! Favorite baby sis… As if you have any other choice.”

 

“Choice? Mmm… you may not know. Maybe you have another sibling that you’re just not aware of,” their father jested.

 

“APPA!” They all shouted, shocked at what their father said.

 

“BAE CHANSUNG, try... just try it and I’ll skin you ali

Please log in to read the full chapter