Pt. 2

Kai Scenario

It’s been a year since you’ve last heard from Kai. He slowly reduced his text messages throughout the year. You didn’t mind because you knew he would be busy and you weren’t replying back anyways. A shopping mall in Shibuya is hosting a Kpop groups meet and greet. Your friends Kate and Haruka are super excited that they’ve been camping outside the mall since yesterday. You decide to make them a breakfast bento and head over there.

 

”___!” They wave to you. They’re practically at the front only 5 people ahead of them.

 

"I brought you guys breakfast." You hand them the bentos and sit down.

 

"Thanks, Arigatou." They say.

 

"So how long until they let you guys in it’s pretty chilly." You ask

 

"10 minutes! They’re just having the guys be ready." They yell with excitement

 

"I should go then." You begin to get up when they pull you back down.

 

"You can’t! They’re giving away goodies in a raffle so we need you!"

 

"You may proceed in orderly fashion!" The guard yells.

 

"Come on!" They grab you and drag you to the first row.

You’re just sitting there, fidgeting with your phone when you hear foot steps walk in. Everyone got quiet as if they’re in a daze. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, we are one! We are Exo!” You look up straight away to see the faces of Exo, of Kai. You’re shaking, you didn’t expect to meet so soon even though it’s been a year, especially having him right in front of you. He’s texting and you’re hoping it isn’t you. Your Kakao goes off, he looks up and stares at you while you stare back.

 

"I have to go..I need to leave.." You whisper to your friends.

 

”____! Where are you going?” Your friends yell. You continue to walk, rushing out when you crash into a lady bringing tea in. All of Exo are staring at you, Kai then gets up out of his seat and walks towards you.

 

"I’m so sorry" You get up in a rush, bow and leave the room.

 

”__-ah!!” You stop in place and turn around to see Kai walking over to you. You two are now face to face, one year later. He cups your face in his hands.

 

“It really is you…” 

 

"What are doing?!" You remove his hands.

 

"You’re hurt." He takes your hand and examines it.

 

"I’m fine!" You retract your hand.

 

”Same old ___-ah, you never could admit when you’re hurt..” He smiles at you

 

"You finally debuted in Japan, congrats." 

 

"how long did you think you could hide?"

 

"Hide? I wasn’t hiding, I was fixing my life. Figuring out who I am."

 

"Then why were you avoiding me!!!" He yells.

 

"Avoiding? Avoiding means you plan to see that person at a certain point. Honestly Kai, I was never planning to see you again. I knew Japan was too close.." 

 

"What?" He barely manages to say. You can tell he’s hurt by your words.

 

"Kim Jongin, sayonara." You turn around and begin to walk away with each step hurting you more. 

 

———————————————————————————-
Kai POV

 

”__-ah! don’t leave! don’t go!” You yell, you want to run after her but your legs won’t move. She’s getting farther and farther away from you, your chest is clenching with pain. You can’t have her leave again, she can’t disappear from your life again. You’re sprinting after her before you know it, shoving people out of your way. You’re outside the mall now and you can see her faintly in the distance crossing. 

 

”__-ah!!!” You yell after her but she doesn’t stop, she can’t hear you. The light is about to change so you run into the street after her avoiding the cars when she comes to a stop because her stuff fell from her bag. You see a car coming in the distance speeding you try to get to her first. “__-ah!!” She looks up and sees the car but doesn’t move.

————————————————————————————

 

"Just great.." You mutter as your stuff falls out of your bag. You crouch down to pick them up.

 

”___-ah!!!” You hear your name being called and look up to see a car speeding in your direction. Your frozen in place, you can’t move. The car is getting closer, you close your eyes and hope for the worse.