Pt. 3

Kai Scenario

You awaken in a hospital room, you don’t know how you got here or what exactly happened but feel extremely dazed and in pain.

 

"What happened.." You say to the nurse replacing your IV bag.

 

"You were in a car accident luckily the guy brought you here in time, before you lost more blood."

 

"What guy!?"

 

"I don’t know his name but he was handsome and Korean."

 

"Where is he?!" You ask. Your mind filled with worry, it was definitely Kai who saved you.

 

"He just received first aid and left but that was days ago." She bows and leaves.

 

"Kai…" You feel upset, you just don’t understand why he risked his life for you. You get up and to walk but fall straight to the ground.

 

”__-ah!” 

 

"I need to see him" You try to get up, tears are falling from your eyes. 

 

"You have let your leg heal, if you still want to be able to do normal things then you have to rest!" He says sternly as he helps you up.

 

"Normal things? What do you me-" You look up to see to see Kim Jongin standing in front of you.

 

"The bone that broke in your leg though it will heal, any type of intense sport or dancing is off limits."

 

"What?  I won’t be able to dance anymore…"

 

"I’m sorry, I’m sorry I couldn’t fully protect you."

 

"Wae! Why are you sorry! What did you do wrong!" You yell.  

 

”__-ah…” He caresses your hand to comfort you.

 

"Just go..I need to be alone."

 

”__-ah, please.”

 

"Please.." He gets up and heads for the door. "Kai, you can’t come back here." He opens the door and leaves without a word.  

 

After almost 3 months of therapy and you decide to drop it. You say goodbye to your friends and take the first flight back to Seoul. Jiyeon picks you up from the airport. You’re silent all the way home, you just can’t deal with the fact you’ll never dance again. 

 

"I need to do something with my life.." You decide to go for a walk to think about your life. While growing up with Kai, all you thought about was dancing. You learned to dance for him, dancing was his passion and you wanted to be by his side. Dancing eventually became a part of who you are and less of a reason to be with Kai. Now that you can’t dance, you don’t know what to do. When you were little you wanted to be actress and five minutes later a singer.

 

"This is driving me crazy.." You call up some of your high school friends to do noraebang. You guys sing the night away. It’s 3am and you’re pretty drunk but most of your friends are completely drunk and just lying there. You decide to call Jiyeon to pick you up.

 

"Yahh! Jiy- Jiyeon! Pretty Jiyeon-ah! Noraebang Pali~~~" and hang up. You doze off. You check your phone, It’s almost 4am and Jiyeon isn’t here yet. You put on your coat, grab your purse and head home. At the entrance you bump into some guy and push him away. You’re heading home and hear foot steps following behind you. You decide to take the long way home through the main streets. It’s been 20 minutes and he’s still following you, you’re scared to the point you no longer feel drunk. You pull out you’re phone and start calling Jiyeon but she isn’t answering.

 

You walk faster, you’re almost home just a few blocks away. You take a short cut through the playground. You trip in your heels and hear the steps getting closer.

 

"Stay back! I have pepper spray!" You’re terrified, you don’t know what to do. You pull out your phone and call random contact. You close your eyes and hope the person answers. A few seconds later you hear a phone ring and the foot steps stop. That ringtone, you recognize it. You look up at the guy as he crouches down in front of you.

 

”___-ah, why are you calling me?”

 

"Jongin-ah?!" You tackle him and hit him as you cry.

 

"Yah! Wae!"

 

"You idiot! I was scared!!" You sit up

 

"Mianhae.." He ruffles your hair

 

"Why are you here though? Why did you follow me?" You ask

 

"You called me instead Jiyeon. You said you were at noraebang so I thought I’d go get you."

 

"You’re an idol, you can’t go picking up drunk girls from noraebang!" You scold him.

 

"You aren’t just some girl __-ah, you’re special to me." He helps you up and you two are face to face.

 

"I’m sorry for causing you trouble, I’m fine now. You can go home." You walk away as he grabs your hand and twirls you into his arms.

 

”__-ah, I’m sorry, I’m sorry for being a blind idiot. for not understanding your feelings.”

 

"What are you doing.."

 

"I should’ve appreciated you when you were by my side, instead I took you for granted. When you left, I didn’t know what to do. I just pushed you aside even while knowing my feelings were growing for you."

 

"I said what are you doing!" You try to break free from his grip.

 

"I knew we couldn’t stay friends, I knew one of use would grow to like the other first. I chose to get that thought out of my mind by dating other girls, by keeping my distance from you."

 

"Yah! Kim Jongin!" You break from his grip

 

"I don’t want to deny what I feel for you even if you don’t feel the same way. __-ah, I-" You slap him.

 

"Don’t you dare confess to me! Do you have any idea how long it took me to get rid of my feelings for you! I won’t get hurt by you again.."

 

”__-ah, you liked me all this time?”

 

"Mmm, I like you, I’ve always liked yo-" His lips met yours and you begin to push away as he pulls you in more. Your lips don’t want part, you’ve been yearning for him all this time. You love him no matter how much you deny it, your love for him over powers the anger you held towards him. All you care about right now is that you don’t just love him but he loves you too.