T h r e e .

A pair of Converse.

Three : I Do Too.


 

I pull Xiumin’s hand harder. We walk really fast.

Xiumin and I are neighbor since we were young. That’s what my parents said. I don’t really remember. I’ve read on the internet that childhood is like when we are drunk. Other peoples know everything but we know nothing. Maybe it’s true after all.

 

When I reach home, I immediately go to my room to calm myself. Inhale .. exhale. I look through the window.

It’s kind of weird because usually I will feel empty.

But this time, I feel something .. something that words can’t describe. Does anything big will happen soon ?

 

 

In the evening.

I’m watching TV as basketball is cancelled. Xiumin and I have also cancelled our night cycling activity. My mom and dad are going on a date. Leaving me alone. I look at the clock. 8.35pm. gratefully there’s no homework today. So, I can relax. Kekeke.

 

Suddenly, I smell something nice. It’s like a girl’s perfume. Wait. Wait. Isn’t this the same smell when Xiumin and I at the basketball court?

To avoid from being panicky, I open the sliding door and go outside. I look at the night sky. Yup. The smell is still here. Does that smell following me? I go back in and close the sliding door. Okay, the smell is gone.

I sit on the couch and .. I smell the perfume back. Geez. I switch off the TV and go to Xiumin’s house immediately. I run with my manly style.

 

In Xiumin’s room.

The smell is gone. But maybe for a while.

“I smell the same smell when we were on the basketball court” I say to Xiumin as soon as I sit next to him on the bed. He is a reading a book.

“Smell like a girl's perfume right? You can smell it too?” Xiumin is shocked. He closed his book and looks at me. I nodded. We’re in silence and looking into each other’s eyes when that smell comes again.

“Do you smell it?” I ask Xiumin. He nods. Xiumin looks at the door.

“Ouh, how do you get in?” Xiumin asks.

“Luhan, why you just keep quiet? Usually you’ll protect me. I’m nervous. What should I do? She’s approaching me” Xiumin is so nervous. I look at Xiumin confusedly.

 

There’s no one here except us.

No one.