Chapter 2

Soul-Mate

Chapter 2

Somehow, after I felt like I was asleep for a while, I heard birds chirping from my left ear.

I opened my eyes and squinted at the bright light that shined through my window. I looked around my room and my blanket, wondering how did I came home.

 

I jumped off from my bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was in the kitchen cooking delicious breakfast.

 

She turned around after hearing my loud foot, “Rise and shine sweetie!”

 

I looked around for the clock, “Eomma...How did I got home yesterday?”

 

My mom turned around again and smiled, “Silly...what are you talking about? After you got off from school,you came straight home...”

 

I shook my head trying to remember...I know for sure I wasn't drunk...I didn't even have any soju last night...Did I hit my head? I tried touching my head to see if I could feel any brusies.

 

“Eomma...do you know who took me home?” I asked again.

 

My mom gave me a strange look, “Are you okay? Are you sick?”

 

I realized she just told me that I came straight home. “Ah...Never mind..” I told her as I climbed back up the stair.

 

After getting dress for school, I walked back downstairs and took a sip of orange juice, trying to think what in the world just happened. I swear and know for sure, I was at the coffee shop...Then I realized I was waiting for him to call me...I quickly grabbed my phone, but felt an awkward weird vibe that shot right through my body.

 

I shook it off and took a look at my phone. “That's weird...I don't see his phone number here...”

 

“Eomma! Did anyone go through my phone? Luhan oppa's number has been deleted in here...” I told her while trying to find his number again.

 

My mom came around the table and walked towards me. She then laid her palm on my forehead. I glanced at her.

 

She removed her hand and faced me, “Honey...you sure you're okay? You don't have a high temperature, though...but Who is this Luhan oppa?”

 

I was shocked. Is this a dream? Am I still dreaming? How can mom not know about Luhan oppa? I mean, we've been best friend since child birth.

“Eomma, ARE YOU okay?” I asked her. She quickly nodded and smiled, “Who is this Luhan oppa? Your boyfriend? Have I seen him?”

 

“Yes mom! You have seen him and no he's not my boyfriend! He lives across the street and both our families get along very well!” I shouted.

 

My mom looked across the opened window that faced towards that house. She, then looked at me like I was some creep.

 

“Honey..I think you need to see the doctor....seriously...because ...” She said as she leaned closer and whispered to my ear, “ No one lives there.....”

 

I felt a chill running down my spine. I pinched my arms and even my cheeks to make sure it wasn't a dream. I felt the pain and realize, I wasn't dreaming.

 

What had happened? Why does mom say no one lives there? My heart began to trembled into fear.

 

“Aigoo...Stop thinking about stuff,and hurry, you're gonna be late for school...” My mom urged me as she pushed me towards the door.

 

I sighed and grabbed my shoes, but realize that, maybe this is real, and I can confirm that Luhan is at school and that everything is normal. Only my mom here needs to go see the doctor.

 

On my way to school, I tried putting the puzzles together, but got nothing. I reached my classroom and searched for Luhan, who also had the same class as me, but was surprise he wasn't in here. He's always the first one in the class before me. This is really weird now...

 

After the first bell rang and all the students were in their seats, the teacher walked in and started teaching. What seems like a quick five minute, the door got kicked open and my eyes grew wide.

Luhan oppa!! So this wasn't a dream! He is really here...I told you, mom! I thought to myself as my heart started racing for him again.

He walked in with his book bag over his shoulder and two other classmates followed behind.

 

“Sorry, Teach for being late...” he spoke informal to the teacher. The teacher slammed his book down.

 

Why doesn't this look like the Luhan I know... I glanced at him, hoping he would look my way and smile but he didn't...he just continued over to his seat by the window.

 

“Don't ever be late anymore! This is the last warning i'm giving you!! You and those two fellows have the lowest score in the class...If you ever come late again, I will make sure none of you three graduate,” the teacher yelled.

 

Lowest grade? This is not Luhan-oppa...Luhan is always the top student in class and get mostly praised by teachers.

 

After class was over, Luhan was sitting in his seat sleeping. Should I go ask? Or not... What if...no...forget it...he didn't even call me yesterday... He's probably still mad and don't wanna talk to me.

Though it's only been five minute, I couldn't make up my mind and urged myself to get up and talk to him.

 

I walked over to an empty desk in front of his and sat down. Seeing that he was sleeping, I decided to start off a conversation.

 

“Why didn't you call me last night?” I calmly asked. “I waited all day for you to call me and hopefully, we'll be best friends again like before....” I continued.

 

Suddenly, he got up and rubbed his eyes. I smiled at him, “Are you still tired? Let's go to the coffee shop and have our favorite coffee together...”

 

He gave me a look that I have never seen him giving it to me before. “Who are you?” He shouted.

 

I leaned back feeling surprised by his attitude. “Luhan-oppa...Stop playing around...i know you're still mad but can't we just make up already? Usually, when we argue, we'll always make up at the end...” I said without hesitation.

 

“Yah...Do you know this girl?” He turned to his fellow friends. Both his friend shook their head. He glanced at me and leaned forward on his desk. He smiled, “Do you like me?”

 

“Luhan oppa! Quit playing around, please! I don't have time to play with you and---” I yelled at him but stopped.

 

“I'm not playing around, LADY!” He shouted back. All eyes in the classroom turned to look. I quieted myself for a bit, but couldn't hold back my anger anymore. “Luhan if you want to cut our best friend relationship, then why don't you just say so...” I got up and slammed his gift on his desk. “Let's just be stranger then, from now on if that's how you want to play it....” I walked out of the class room holding back my tears.

 

Luhan confusedly stare at the gift in front of him.

 

Class was already over so I didn't care about staying for the studying session. I walked out on the side walk and decided to just roam around shopping areas that were near the school to relax my mind.

 

Today has been really weird for some reasons....How come no one recognizes Luhan oppa and how come he don't know me no more? Is this really not a dream? I realized I bumped into someone but didn't bother to look up. I just kept walking. The person pulled me and turned me around. My thoughts shattered into pieces as I looked up.

 

“Miss...why aren't you apologizing?? You bumped into me!” said this elderly man who looked like he was drunk. I looked up into the sky and realized that it was almost getting dark. I must hurry home but I gotta wait for oppa... I quickly apologized to him and tried to walk away but he kept blocking my path. “You think you can just say sorry and get away...You look so pretty, sweetie! Where are you coming from?” the drunk man asked. I could smell the strong suju alcohol from his clothes. I tried to turn away as much as I can, but yet still can't free myself. Every time I turned, I wished for Luhan oppa to come and save me like how he did before...

 

Before I know it, the drunken man grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. I tried to release it from him but Somehow, I felt a push from the side as the drunken man fell on the ground. I massaged my wrist from the strong grasp of that man, and glanced at this person who out of nowhere came to save me.

 

He was tall...taller than me...His hair was dark brown and he wore a plaid button up shirt with skinny jeans and a jordan shoe. He turned to look at me with worries in his eyes. “Are you alright, miss?” He asked.

 

He turned back to the drunken man and yelled at him to get lost. The drunken man got frighten and ran off.

 

He turned around and smiled at me. “Don't worry..he's gone now...but are you still okay?” He asked.

I slightly nodded my head but was still in shock and scared. “Do you need anyone to take you home?” He asked. I hesitated and shook my head. What if he's also another bad person trying to lure girls like me? “It's okay...I don't live far from here...i can go on my own....but Thanks...” I told him and quickly turned around. I began walking but felt like he was following me... Feeling annoyed for so many things that has happened, I turned around as he stopped walking and stared at me.

 

“Thank you...but I can go on my own now...” I told him. He raised his hand and backed away. I watched his back as he walked away down the alley. Why does that back look so familiar? Have I seen him before? I thought to myself.

 

Thanks to him, I completely forgot all about Luhan Oppa....As I approached my house, I turned to take a look at Luhan's house. The house somehow became dark as if no one really did live there. I still can't get the fact that this has been really weird to me. It's as if Luhan never existed in my life, but that's impossible...We've been best friend since child birth. I decided to just give up the thoughts of him since he wanted us to be strangers from the way he acted today. I got inside the house and washed up and went straight to bed.

 

After what seemed months, like few weeks before graduation, Luhan and I have been strangers since that last time I talked to him. My heart was still beating for him because he still played basketball like how he use to, he still listened to music like how WE use to, and he still the charming friend that I didn't want to forget....but now...half of me is happy with Kris...the man who saved me that one night. He cared for me and was there whenever I needed him. Kris is such a gentleman...better than Luhan... Kris is a well known man for being the top in his Graduate class. Yes, He's a college student, and he is taking part-time internship as business-management. His father owns a huge enterprise that sells brand model products that just came out. Yes he is rich of course. Kris has such a great heart that shows he care for people. He's a friendly person, though that night we met, was just an awkward situation.

 

We met again after realizing we have the same taste from the coffee shop. The coffee shop where me and Luhan oppa use to be at. He had a taste in music as well but he was also good at martial arts. Everyday coming home from school, he would take me in his car and dropped me off at my house so that I won't have to walk home alone anymore. He worries about me and I can tell how much he cares.

 

During class, as I was listening to my ipod, someone snatched my earphones off. I felt annoyed and looked up to see who it was. “What are you doing this afternoon?” Luhan asked me.

 

After so long, he decided to talk to me. I gave him a dirty look and went back to listening my ipod. This time, he snatched my Ipod away from me. The earbuds got yanked off from my ear and I end up rubbing my ears from the pain. “YAH! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” I yelled at him. His eyes grew wide. “You don't have to yell at me....I just want to know if you have time, let's go to the coffee shop...”

 

I was shocked to hear him say the coffee shop again after so long...Does he finally want to reconcile? Is he finally talking to me?

“Okay! Meet me at the coffee shop then right after class...” he told me without letting me answering it on my own.

 

It was almost time for me to meet up with him. This felt like a deja vu...like it's happening again from long time ago...where he sent me the same text message. I walked up to the coffee shop and stood in front of the entrance door. I looked at the time and it was the same time that I stood here before.

 

Instead of going to the shop, that I have done previously, I walked into the shop. I sat on the seat I was in before and ordered me a cup of coffee...Staring out into the window waiting for my coffee, it began to drizzle. Without realizing the strangeness of a sudden rain, the waitress walked over and placed my coffee on the table. I thanked her as she smiled. “How come Kris didn't come? Did you two had a fight?” She asked. Those words...sounded similar...like I have heard before in here...

 

I shook my head and smiled back. “I'm meeting someone today...” I told her... “Oh? Another man?” She teased. I slightly laughed with her. “No...he's just a classmate...” I told her again.

She quickly nodded and walked away... I've been having a weird vibe since I sat here...Usually, when I came in with Kris, I wouldn't get this vibe. While waiting for Luhan, I stared out into the rain. I heard the bells by door cling. I quickly turn to look and saw Kris instead of Luhan. He had stood me up once again....This time, I decided to finally give up on him...I smiled as Kris approached me. “How come you're here too? Did you follow me?” He teased as he sat down. He raised his hand to gesture the waitress, “One coffee for me,please!” He smiled at me as he continued, “What are your plans after graduation?”

 

“Um...I don't know yet...I'm thinking about moving out and live on my own and maybe go to college..” I told him. “Do you want me to help you?” He offered. I smiled and shook my head, “It's okay, Kris oppa...I can do it myself...but thank you though...” After chatting with Kris for 5 minutes, another bell rang as a person drenched in rain approached at the door.

 

“So...I was thinking that...after you graduate, and we've been dating for a while, my mom wants...me to get married...so...I was thinking if...it'll be alright with you if...Uh...if you want to marry me...” Kris shyly asked. Somehow, his voice just went through one ear and out the other as everything in the shop blurred out as the only person I could see was.....Luhan...He was standing in front of the door drenched in rain as he searched the room.