Choices and Decisions For What's Best

What I Needed to Say

>>>[Gidae's P.O.V.]<<<

Dear Do Gidae,

           We would like to ask for your cooperation with us this year's University of California of Los Angeles. We have provided a dorm for you to attend as an exchange student even though you may not be unfamiliar with our language. We have heard about what your grades and popularity in Korea and we hope to be able to have you at our University  this autumn. If you , please fill out this form by late July so that your classes will be scheduled for you. Thank You!

Sincerely,

Leyda W. Garcia
Principal of University of California Los Angeles

As I looked at the letter, I stared at it and wondered why they wanted her to join them at a University even though she had not signed up nor had she even thought about going anywhere at their Universities. I wondered why they had wanted me for my grades. I mean, I had had good grades in Elementary and throughout High School, I never really thought about going back to America again. After that letter, there were many more letters from other universities and colleges, U.C. San  Diego, Stanford University, U.C. Davis, U.C. Berkeley, U.C. Irvine, U.C. Santa Barbara, etc...

I thought to myself, Why am I recieveing so many letters from universities and colleges?!

Then I thought again- Mom and dad! They must've been the ones who requested me into the colleges! I should have already known!

When I realized that, I called Umma and Oppa.

"Yeoboseo?"

"Umma?"

"Nte?"

"Did you and oppa request for me to go to the colleges and universities all around the world?" I asked impatiently.

"Nte, wae?"

Then I sighed with patience.

"Do you and oppa have to do so many things for me?"

"Why can't we?"

"Well... we just wanted to support you throughout your life..." Eomma tried to explain to me.

"Why can't I just choose wherever and whatever I want to do? I'm always your little girl, I can't even go anywhere without bodyguards surrounding me, and whenever I do something, you and Appa always have to know what I do or even wherever I go?!" I yelled through the phone.

"Okay then... you can have all of your privacy to yourself... but I still want guards around you to keep you safe..." Eomma said quietly through the phone.

"UGHHHH~" I screamed in frustration as I slammed my phone onto the desk.

>>>Forward<<<

"Isn't eomma and appa supposed to be here by now?" D.O. asked.

"No -" I coldly said, "they're not going to come anymore..."

"Waeyo?" D.O. asked concerned.

I just sat there silently and stared off into space.

"Waeyo?"

" I SAID THAT THEY'RE NOT COMING SO THEY'RE NOT, OKAY?!"

As I threw my plate still full of food, I ran into the bedroom before any members could see my tears.

>>>That Night [Before bedtime]<<<

I was fake sleeping in the bedroom as Oppa came in and asked me, "Why did you yell so loud? You're never like that..."

When he saw that I didn't answer, he came over and took the blanket off of my head.

"What?! What do you want?! Your parents should've never adopted me! They've never seen this side of me before! Eomma will never forgive me!" I yelled as Oppa just sat there staring at me...

"... wait, say that again... about our parents, what do you mean?" D.O. asked intently.

So then, that's when I told him about me yelling at appa and eomma...

Then I started crying...

"Don't worry... you are eomma's little girl... she'll always forgive you, shh, shh, there there..."

Then I asked him, "Oppa... can you sing me a song?"

"What song do you want me to sing?"

"I want you to sing me Angel, from your first album..."

"Arrasso~"

As if I was reborn as a child who doesn't know anything,

I thought it was a dream, so I closed my eyes and opened them again,

I am standing in front of you as if I was praying...

With those few lines, I fell asleep, not remembering the arguement that I had with Eomma...

>>>D.O.'s P.O.V.<<<

After Gidae fell asleep, I walked outside and felt a cool breeze on the balcony outside...

Dear God,

Is this really how life felt like? Because I feel it deeply in my heart...