Let Me Fix Your Broken Heart

I'm Never Letting You Go. Ever.

 

 

“Amber… Amber… Please open the door! Let me explain!”

There was no answer or any sort of reply. He kept banging the door, expecting for his Amber to somewhat reveal herself so that he could share everything from A to Z. However, Amber was not going to let him off easily and refuse to meet him, despite the loud banging and muffled screams. Ailee, who was sitting beside her on the bed, stared at her pitifully. She was about to say something, but decided to just keep mummed so as not to cause further damage to Amber’s broken heart.

She stood up and proceeded to the kitchen, where Donghae was preparing tea to soothe Amber. Slowly, she placed her arms on his waist and gave him a tight back hug. Donghae was startled by her action, but calmed down when he realised it was his honey.

“Hmm, why are you being like this? Is there anything wrong?”

“Nothing, I’m just thankful that we’ve never been in any kind of similar situations. Because if that’s the case, I’m not sure what I would have done. I pity Amber, they deserve to be together but there’s always something or someone getting in their way. I treat her like my own sister, and I can’t bear to see her suffer. Was it a right choice to get them together? I’m starting to doubt Henry’s trustworthiness.”

“You need to give him a chance. He didn’t know that this will happen too, and I mean Amber is happy to be with him. Aren’t fights pretty normal in relationships? We have it too, sometimes.”

“Yes, I admit it’s normal. But if he keeps hurting MY Amber, do you expect me to trust him? To be honest, I know he’s a good guy and yeah. The four of us have been best friends for years now. The issue at hand is whether… he’s the right one for Amber.”

“I understand where you’re getting at. Please, just give him another chance to prove that he’s worthy for Amber. I know him inside out, and I can give you my word that it is indeed the right choice. He’s the one.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to… Argh fine, you win. I’ll trust you. And I don’t have a say in this, it’s up to Amber to give him the chance.”

“Well, we can persuade her?”

“You can try. Or maybe it’s easier if we let him in. The persistent Mochi is giving me a headache with his loud banging haha.”

 

Ailee laughed while picking her purse up from the table before heading towards Amber’s bedroom to inform her of their leave. She was not comfortable with leaving her alone in that state, but Donghae assured her that Henry would fix his mistakes once and for all.

“Hey, we’re leaving. I’m really sorry I can’t stay with you longer. But it’s time for you to let him in. In here and into your broken heart. Give him a chance, please.”

She walked to her and gave her a calming hug.

“I love you. Call me if there’s anything.” She kissed Amber on the head and caressed her cheeks before bidding goodbye. Donghae pulled her to the door, and open it to reveal the sobbing Henry.

 

“Henry, you’re a mess. Are you sure you’re going to meet her like this?” He teased jokingly.

“M-meet her? She’s letting me in?”

“Not exactly. But she didn’t protest when I said we’re going to let you in. So I guess she’s okay with it.” Ailee interrupted their conversation.

“But remember, if you hurt her one more time, I’m going to freaking kill you in the most evil way possible! So you better make this right!” She made a supposed-to-be ‘stern’ look but it only turned out adorable.

“Hahaha honey, you’re not convincing enough. Let’s get out of here. I’ll send you home, it’s quite late now.”

“There’s never such a thing as late. The night will always be young, in my dictionary at least.”

 

“Thanks guys. I truly appreciate your help. And I promise not to disappoint you.” Henry gave them a nod before entering the apartment. It was not messy but not neat at the same time. So typical of Amber. He looked around for any signs of her, but he was simply welcomed with tranquility. Fine, maybe that wasn’t the right word since he was sure that Amber just felt like stabbing him repeatedly in the chest, so no, it’s not peaceful at all. Amber might have already declared war against him.

He peered into Amber’s bedroom, where Ailee had left the door open. The lights were off, and he could see the outline of Amber’s body reflected by the moonlight. She was hugging her knees while lying, facing the wall, away from him. He could hear the sobs yet he stood rooted to the ground, unable to move. He did not know how to approach her and apologise because she might push him away so he just blanked out.

Henry carefully closed in the gap between them, slipped into the bed and the empty space beside her. Amber could feel his presence, yet she refused to talk to him. He gently placed his left arm over her waist to see her reaction, but there was nothing. No response. He pulled her towards him, making them as close as any two people could be. He nuzzled her hair, and whispered a ‘sorry’.

Amber was trying to suppress her sobs, but she wanted to let everything out. She felt absolutely vulnerable in front of her beloved man. All she wanted from him was an ‘everything is going to be okay, I’m here”. Henry could see through her, so there was no way she could hide her feelings, making her feel somewhat .

 

“I know you’re not going to reply me. All I’ve got to say is that I’m terribly sorry for being stupid and hurting you. Just give me a minute and let me explain. It may be too late to tell you about my past since I’ve messed up big time. But it’s better late than never, right?”

No answer. But at least Amber was willing to listen.

“Look, it’s true Aryca is my past and that’s a fact I can never erase. No matter what, I only treat her as nothing else but my freaking past. I don’t care about her anymore. All I have right now is you. YOU, Amber. You’re my present and future. Isn’t that the most important thing? If you really want to, we can spend the whole night talking about her. Let me start off by saying she’s a total . You know, I don’t really curse but that’s the only suitable word to describe her. Sorry I’m not sorry haha.”

“We were in love. At least that’s what I thought. I met her 8 years ago when we were in high school. I didn’t know how, but one day I started feeling attracted to her. Similar to the typical love story, we met, I confessed, she accepted, we got together and after that, it turned ty.”

That earned a not so soft laughter from Amber. Henry grinned, satisfied with that.

“Yep, we just lost the spark after we got engaged. As if there was no longer any reason to continue our relationship. I truly loved her, but apparently she obviously didn’t reciprocate the same feelings. And one fine day, she just told me she’s gonna leave for England to further her studies and pursue her dream. Just like that, she broke our engagement and left me the next day. Without even looking back or a sense of guilt. She left me hanging for months with no news. And suddenly, 7 years later, she returned and found me. That’s how we end up here, in your bed, with a crying Llama and sorry Snoopy.”

“Wow, she’s definitely a .” They continued laughing, wishing that they could just stay in bed in that comfortable position.

“So will you forgive me?”

“I’ve long forgiven you. I was just shocked when she called you darling. I’m sorry for breaking our wall of trust so easily.”

 

Henry flipped Amber over such that she was facing him, her face could be seen clearly due to the moonlight. He kissed Amber gently, with nothing but pure love. No lust or whatsoever. Just love. They broke off, gasping for air after a minute.

“I was expecting you to last longer than that. You should work out more, Snoopy!”

“Hey, well I’m sorry that I don’t work out!”

“Amber, do you know how you look? You look like an adorable panda.”

“W-what? PANDA?!”

“Yep, your eyeliner and mascara have been smudged by your tears.”

“Oh, right. I forgot I was wearing makeup and it’s just a one-time thing.”

“Let’s get you cleaned up.” Both of them stood up to go to the bathroom and clean Amber’s messy face.

 

As the water from tap came rushing down, Henry took a towel and wet it before wiping the makeup off Amber’s face. He was taking note of every feature of her, admiring her beauty. He had not noticed how feminine Amber could be when she wanted to. Honestly, he was impressed with the effort she had put in, away from her comfort zone, just to look good for him.

“Why are you dressed up today?” He popped the question.

“Err what do you mean? It’s nothing, I was trying a new change.”

“Yeah right. I know you were trying to impress me! But you should be glad since it really worked.”

“R-really? Do you mean it?”

“Yes, but I prefer the normal you. I don’t want you to change yourself for me. I’m fine with the way you usually dress. It’s what makes you unique and Amber-ish. So don’t ever wear feminine clothes if you’re not comfortable, alright? I love you for who you are.”

 

“So let’s get you out of this mess.” He smirked; pointing towards the blouse and floral skirt Ailee had put on her earlier in the evening. She did not have enough time to respond when Henry pushed her to the shower area and switch on the tap, leaving her drenched in cold water. Her lips then met with his as he slowly ed her blouse. Next, he moved on to her skirt expertly, ping the back of it. Amber was left in her undergarments, wet. Meanwhile, Henry’s shirt was clinging onto his skin, and he was soaked from head to toe too.

“See, you’re beautiful. I love you, and always will. You’re mine only, so listen. I’m never letting you go. Ever.”

 

Possessive Henry was hot and Amber could make do with that.

 

A/N: Here guys! It's the ending to 'I'm Never Letting You Go. Ever.' Thanks for supporting me throughout the past 3 weeks, for all the comments and subscribers! <3 You guys are awesome. This is not an END, but AND. Alright, continue to ship HenBer and yeah! See you guys on my other fics in future. The two-shot is supposed to be the double date and the ending, without all the drama haha. It was fun changing the plot and writing the chapters at night although I'm tired. I keep thinking about updating, especially during school. Unfortunately, it's over. But you guys can read my next fic 'Andante: Our Song' : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/685230

KEEP SPREADING THE LOVE! :D xx

Your authornim signing off for the last time,

arylerzel