Only You

I'm Never Letting You Go. Ever.

You got a message! You got message!

“Hmm? Why would someone text me in the middle of the night?” Amber lazily trudged to her phone.

Oh, Snoopy?

“1-4-3.

You’re mine.”

What is the meaning of this? 1-4-3? As in ‘I love you’?

“W-what? Henry l-loves m-me… too?”

Only you can make my heart beats this fast. I love you, Henry. I’ll always love you.

 

“Hyung, I told her. I finally told Amber I love her! What do I do now? Ohmygod what if she rejects me because I’m too slow?” Henry had met up with Donghae after the text. He was waiting anxiously for her reply, with every second ticking by seeming like an eternity.

“Henry-ah, calm down. She is probably busy or something, and has yet to look at your text. Patience is the key, timing is everything. But honestly, you messed up your timing big time, man. So be patient!” Donghae uttered, cracking up at how ridiculous Henry looked when he was uneasy.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. I have to leave soon so you can choose to stay here or go back to your apartment. I’m fine with anything. Give me a second, I’m going to change alright?”

“Hah, it must be a date with Ailee right?” Henry rolled his eyes, feeling a pang of jealousy. He wished it was him and Amber instead.

“You know me so well, Mochi! Jealous huh? Then start making a move.”

“Well, I did make a move, remember? I’m still waiting for her reply. Whatever hyung, I’ll go home since I have nothing to do anyway.” Henry replied, while making his way towards the door.

 

“Amber, you have to face him sooner or later. Just meet him and yeah, tell him you love him. Arasso?” Ailee winked at her best friend, while driving her to a certain Snoopy’s apartment.

“But… But..”

“Ahah! No turning back now! We’re here. Henry Lau, Amber Liu is coming for you!"

Amber blushed, her red cheeks flaring up due to Ailee.

“YAH, YOU ARE SUCH AN EMBARRASSMENT! STOP IT!”

 

And that was how Amber ended up in front on Henry’s apartment door. She was contemplating whether to ring the bell or just go back home. The latter wasn’t an option because Ailee had left to go for her date.

“Psh, she is forever busy with dates. DATE, DATE, DATE! Ugh seriously why do I care anyway?”

She raised her hand to the doorbell, but before she could ring it, a familiar voice welcomed her.

“Amber? Is that you?”

Amber turned to her right, and she was indeed right. Henry was there, walking towards her with his small eyes twinkling.

“H-Henry, you w-weren’t home? Err I just came to… um… say that..”

“What?” Henry took a step closer to his love, while Amber back away from him.

“I-I lo… I love you.” She mumbled those words softly.

“Sorry, I couldn’t catch that. What did you say?”

“um can you please move away from me first? It’s too stuffy, I can’t breathe.”

“Nope, I’m not moving till you tell me what you said just now, loudly and clearly.”

“Henry, pl-please, move.”

“No, I won’t budge at all.” Henry snickered, as Amber’s back was now against the wall and there was no way she could move further.

“Fineeeee, you win.”

“I FREAKING LOVE YOU, HENRY LAU!”

“…”

“I said it. Now move your , Mochi.”

“Amber. Josephine. Liu. I love you too.”

Henry slowly brought his face closer to Amber’s, making her eyes widened. He tilted his head and cupped her face, his eyes travelling to her soft, plump lips. Without hesitating, he closed the gap between them. That was their first kiss. It was chaste, yet passionate. Amber could feel his burning love, their heartbeats matching the same rhythm. She actually thought it was a dream, but maybe more like a dream came true.

 

Meanwhile, two pairs of eyes were watching them from a corner.

“Aigoo, look at them. They remind me of you and I back then. How I wish I could go back to that time.” Ailee stared wistfully at the couple.

“But what’s so different about us? We do kiss and cuddle too! Anyway, it is a success! Finally, the birth of the HenBer couple!”

“It took them such a long time; my heart could not stand it. I’m so proud of them. Okay now give me my daily dose of you! I need energy right now. Come on!”

“Whatever floats your boat, honey.”

 

Back in Henry’s apartment, both of them were watching a movie and similar to any other couples, cuddling on the couch. It had been a long day for them, going through a rollercoaster of emotions and their ship was finally sailing again.

“Henry, since when… um…”

“Since when I have liked you?”

“Like? I thought it was love!”

“Fine, love. It was a snowy day…”

 

It was a snowy day, with snowflakes descending from the vast blue sky. Henry had set foot in Korea for the first time, and SME was his destination. The reason why he came to Korea. Since young, it had been his dream to become a singer, a musician. Music was the reason he lived, and nothing could separate them.

He was in one of the practice rooms in SME, preparing for his audition when a voice greeted him.

“Ex-excuse me, may I know if this is the waiting room for SM Global Auditions?”

He turned his attention towards the girl, gazing intensely at her features. Wow, she’s cool. Different from other girls I’ve seen around here.

“Y-yeah, this is the right room.”

“Oh thanks! I’ve been trying to find this room for the past half an hour. Gotta say, this company is HUGEEE. By the way, I’m Amber. Amber Liu.”

“I’m Henry. Henry Lau.”

And that was how their love blossomed. First meeting. Love at first sight. Fate. Soulmate. Destiny.

Amber believed in those kind of stuff. And, she knew her Mr. Right was Snoopy right from the beginning. Only Henry would make her heart flutter and cheeks so red.

Only him.

 

 

A/N: Hey! Mianhae for the late update! I know this is such a crappy chapter but I don't really have a choice. I finished this on Friday, but was planning to further edit it. It's either I post it now, or I have to wait till next Friday perhaps? I kind of feel that the progression of this story is a bit rushed... but I'll try to change it later.

Basically, I'm really busy this week - lots of stuff due, and I have an exam next week! Huhu ;A; yep, I may not have time to write, so please bear with me! I promise I'll write you a longer chapter for the next update. Thanks to all my subscribers! :D you guys rock (:

Oh by the way, have you guys seen Henry on Real Men? I swear he's so adorableee and cute in that episode. He was totally innocent and clueless - yeah way to go, Stupid Snoopy :D When he got told off by those 'men in red hats', I just wanna hug him and pinch his cheeks aigoo. So go and watch it! Can't wait for the next episode teehee. Also, I've been replaying f(x)'s performances since just now. Amber is like soooooo fab. Okay enough I shall not bother you with my uncontainable feels anymore (; Have a good week ahead!