Are You Gonna Love Me?

I'm Never Letting You Go. Ever.

 

 

(1-4-3 lyrics – Amber’s rap)

Nae mam jeondal andoeji kkeuchi eomneun museong yeonghwa
Eotteoke Who What When or Where gyesok banbokdoeneun deurama
Mareul anhaedo urin seoroui saineul mitji

 

“Cuz your 1-4-3 is my 4-8-6” Amber softly pushed Henry by the chest, in a joking manner and rapped, “Saying I love you, are u gonna love me?” Little did she know how impactful that line was to Henry.

No, Amber. There’s no need for me to love you.

Because I’m already in love with you.

And nothing will stop me.

Henry could no longer stand it – he had to tell Amber how he felt about her, how she drove him insane every single day and how his heart automatically went ‘boom-boom-pow’ for her, as if it recognized its owner. Amber Josephine Liu was the only one it would beat for, and no other.

Because… it belonged to her. Henry Lau’s heart belonged to Amber Liu.

Henry grabbed Amber’s hands which startled her, causing her to lose her balance. As she tumbled over, she pulled Henry along with her. They were now in a very awkward position and Amber turned away, trying to hide the hot sensation that had crept up to her cheeks. She could feel Henry’s uneven breath on her neck and her body tensed up. Meanwhile, Henry was feeling very hot – too hot for his liking. He noticed his heartbeat was getting faster and faster, more uneven. He slowly crawled up to her ears, and whispered, “Amber-ah, do you want go out with me tonight?”

“Y-yeah sure. Yah Snoopy, do… do you mind getting off me n-now?” Amber stuttered.

“Oh, right. Mianhae.” Henry scratched his head awkwardly. Amber went to her haversack and took out some clothes to change into. She was absolutely not going to go out with her best friend-crush in those stinky sweatpants and shirt.

Yeap, Amber had a crush on Henry.

If only this was a date... You should have told him how you felt.

Amber sighed for the umpteenth time. It had been years since Amber developed a crush for her guy best friend. At first, she was in a state of denial but she soon realised that she was indeed in love with him. Whenever his hazel-brown eyes came into contact with hers, it gave her butterflies. Whenever his hands touched hers, she just felt like melting because of the overflowing feels. Every single second they spent together, he drove her insane… She just wanted those soft lips on hers.

She could no longer deny the fact that she was in love with that stupid Snoopy.

Her stupid Snoopy.

 

 

It had been 30 minutes and there were no signs of Amber coming out of the bathroom. Henry waited for Amber at the entrance of the ladies, and he had been restlessly pacing back and forth. He was very nervous because that night was going to be THE night. He had decided to confess to her.

On the other hand, Amber was contemplating whether she should actually doll up. She wanted to show Henry the feminine side of her but unfortunately, she did not bring the suitable clothes.

Nah, who cares? Henry probably thought that this was going to be the usual hang out they always did every night.

“Snoopy-ah, I’m rea- Whoa what’s wrong with you? Why are you dressed so nicely as if you’re going for a date?” A date… A date. Is this what I think it is? Are we actually going for a date?!

“Err noooo. I only had these clothes with me, so I had no choice.” Good job bro! Yeah you did not just prepare for this night, which had you sleepless for the past few days. Yep, it was totallyyyyy a coincidence.

Amber just replied with ‘Oh’. Honestly, she felt disappointed at his answer.

No, Amber. You knew it wasn’t a date, heol, what were you expecting by this stupid Snoopy anyway?

It was already 9pm and the amusement parks would be close by then. So Henry decided to bring Amber to Namsan Tower – it had been his dream to bring his girlfriend there because it held such a special value in his heart. It was really romantic place, a perfect setting for his confession.

Their ride to the rooftop was quiet. But it was actually a comfortable silence – no awkwardness involved.

It’s now or never.

Henry slipped his hands into hers, realizing how they perfectly fit together. Amber was taken aback by his bold action. Thousands of questions were racing through her mind; she did not even know the meaning of all these.

What is this, Henry? Please answer me. Don’t give me false hopes anymore.

Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks. She felt so stupid for crying over someone who was too dense to understand her feelings. Couldn’t he see? Amber had been waiting for him to make the first move, but the wait was too long for her to bear with. She was unsure of his feelings towards her, and she did not want her long wait to be in vain. Those years… were making her frustrated and all she needed was for someone, for him, to convince her that everything was worthy.

Henry, I love you but you’re hurting me.

“Amber-ah, why are you crying?” Henry asked, clueless yet concerned.

“Don’t you get it? Because I love you, Henry! I. LOVE. YOU” Amber yelled, emphasizing the last three words. She let go of Henry’s hands and rushed out of the rooftop, face soaked in tears.

But… I love you too, Amber.

 

It wasn’t just an infatuation or a simple crush he would soon get over with.

It was love.

 

 

A/N:

This is my first chapter! Yep, I changed it because I felt that the previous one wasn't right. I'm sorry for the mistakes :< And I apologise for any confusions regarding the first chapter. Enjoy!

*italics written in blue - Henry's thoughts

*italics written in beige - Amber's thoughts