Chapter 11

Unconditional Love

 

 

“Where do you take me?” Sulli asked them carefully. “Does Mrs. Choi want to meet wit-” Sulli word swiftly froze in the air when she caught the car was suddenly stopped. Her eyes naturally threw to outside by the window, apparently landed on a specific building which is standing in front of the car. Sulli consciously widened her eyes and promptly covered with her both palms in shock yet in extremely fear ever.

 

ABORTION CLINIC

 

NO...........

 

“W-What a-are you going to do?” Sulli fearfully looked at the 3 men and asked them. Her hand secretly sneaked into her bag trying to find her phone.

 

The men didn’t answer her and then came out from the car. One man opened the car door wide and gestured Sulli to get out, coincidentally it was the exact time where he saw she was holding her phone about to make a call. He quickly bended inside and snatched it away rudely from her hand. Sulli turned more even scared. Her body was shivering in fear while staring at the man who took her phone.

 

“Please cooperate with us, Miss. We don’t want to use the physical force on you now.” The same man said firmly, at the same time he got rid of her phone.

 

Sulli gulped dreadfully, she stayed stony without moving at her seat and only her eyes were running around the place which was surrounding them. There were only a few people are walking on the walkway. Should it be a chance for her to escape from them? ....... No, possibility is low. It’s going to be easy for them to catch her. How could she win over them? How about she shouts for help, can she counts on it? She then looked back at them to see how scary they were, her arm mindfully wrapped around her abdomen securely. But what if they hurt her and the baby? No, what should she do? Please, anyone help her.

 

“Miss Sulli, please come out.” Another man voiced out nicely.

 

She looked at him and he was none other than the man whom she used to meet once already on that day. Don’t know why but somehow she could feel that he is safe than the other two. Without saying anything she followed his word and came out. But soon as she set her foot on the ground, she stood still.

 

“Abortion is illegal.” Sulli said, her voice was quivering and full of fear. “It’s more even worst if it’s forcible. And moreover do you think the doctors here are willing to risk and having their practice shut-down? The jail is facing them ahead for sure.” She added defensively.

 

“But what do you think if the operations must be done secretly?” The other man replied. It wasn’t apparently a question but seemingly a threat which made Sulli instantly shrieked at her place. “And of course they would risk it in order to perform the pricey procedure.”

 

“Miss Sulli, I’m sorry. But you would better follow us. I think you might be known so well about the Choi’s Empire which you trouble yourself to get involve right now.” The safe man said. “How many things in this world which they cannot easily to solve by a snap of their fingers?”

 

“But it is a sin.” Sulli raised her voice as her tear already broke down. She held her flat abdomen. “How can they sleep at night after they immorally commit such thing? This is their grandchild, their fresh blood is flowing inside me. How could they be this cruel wanting to get rid the innocent life?”

 

“I’m sorry. We also received the order. I can’t help you, Miss Sulli.” He said with a tone of pity but he couldn’t do anything either. He then turned to face the other two men and told them to use their forces.

 

“No!! Please Misters....I’m begging you. Please don’t do this to us.” Sulli started to plead and rubbing her palms together when the two men stated to grab her arms tightly. Her tears were greatly rolling down to her cheeks but they didn’t listen nor cared.

 

Sulli winced in pain when she felt hurt by their hard grasp on her both forearms while dragging her hastily to step inside the building. But she won’t stop and continued on crying, asking them for their sympathy to let her go.

 

“Please, just for innocent baby sake and its father, your young master.....can you let me go? Please......Let consider this as the good deed for saving an innocent life.” She still rebelled all of her might nonstop. But poorly, even how much she was desperately pleading them, they pretended to hear nothing.

 

Sulli tried to release their hard grip and wanted to run but she will never win over the two men’s strength. She hugely regretted, why she didn’t snatch the chance to run away when they were still outside? She was too naive to think that using her pleading, they might listen and let her go. But everything was wrong, the regret hit her miserably when their foot finally almost reached the elevator. Without thinking twice, Sulli pluckily used her legs to kick the men but they knew it and avoided on time.

 

“Darn it!! You don’t want us to hurt you right?” One man said, a bit irritation.

 

“Yes you all just kill me instead, if you want to kill my child, you inhuman being.” Sulli shouted at them and gathered all her strength to rebel again but only dismay when the men pulled out more their strong power to grab her more even tighter. Sulli ended up misspend all her energy and her arms were so sore all over.

 

“Take it easy, men. Don’t hurt her.” The nice man talked again and then he looked at Sulli. “I’m sorry again. Let’s consider this as just a cruel nightmare. Time will heal the wound, Miss Sulli.”

 

Sulli let out a small chuckled while staring at him. Her tears were streaming down like there’s no end either. A cruel nighmare?! How could he say that to her just like it was simple like that? It’s a life is growing in every second inside her womb. How could she just lose her child like that and consider it’s a nightmare?

 

‘Umma! Where are you? Please save me and your grandchild, Umma. I need your help so badly. I can’t lose this baby, Umma.’ Sulli shut her eyes and praying inside her heart, but only shockingly opened back when they started to drag her again in order to step inside the elevator.

 

When the elevator door slowly closed, suddenly there was a hand inserted in the almost shutting space.

 

The door opened back and revealed a man in graceful suit was standing in front of them and panting. He was staring worryingly toward Sulli while trying to catch his breath.

 

Sulli surprisingly opened her eyes wide to see him, did she just imagine thing or it’s really him?

 

“Jonghyun-shi?!” Sulli hesitatingly uttered since her version was so blurry to recognize him clearly.

 

“Sulli!! What is happening? Why-......” He asked her but stopped when he noticed how miserable state Sulli was in with the two men was grasping her at the both side. And then his eyes furiously shot to them who were looking at him in dumbfound. “What are you guys doing? Kidnapping? Get your ing hands off of her right now.”

 

Without waiting for more, he quickly stepped inside and took Sulli from them to hide by his side immediately.

 

“Wait! What the-.........Director Lee??” The nice man said as he suddenly recognized Jonghyun.

 

“Mr. Park?” Jonghyun diverted his eyes from Sulli to the man, he also let out his surprise after. He then looked at crying Sulli before his eyes irritatingly went back to him. “What are you doing? And why are you hurting this woman?”

 

“Are you and Miss Sulli have known each other?”

 

“That’s not important.” Jonghyun raised his voice more even louder as it already was. “I asked why the hell you and these guys hurt her.”

 

“We-”

 

“Jonghyun, can you help me get out of here?” Sulli quivering voice said. She held tightly on his sleeve. “Please!”

 

“Not now Sulli. I need to deal with them first. And I must make sure that they won’t ever bother you again whatever the reason is.” He said and held the girl’s wrist before his removed his high temper attention to Mr. Park. “Didn’t you hear me? Or I need to repeat it again?”

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t tell you anything, Director Lee. It’s about family matter.” Mr. Park replied trailing down with a hint while his head bended down.

 

“Oh really?” He then looked at Sulli’s eyes intensely. He could feel what the problem was by staring at her and how she was tremble in fear. “Okay then, you no needs to say anything. So instead, let help me to convey a message to your chairman, Mr. Choi Daejun. Don’t ever lay a finger on this woman over again, or either way we will reject the entire business proposal which ever upraise from Choi Corporation. Or the next year project in Jeju Island, we won’t hesitate to cancel it as well. Remember! If he doesn’t want to lose all of these benefits, don’t dare to touch Choi Sulli ever again, even for a hair strand.” Finished it, in no time he and Sulli together walked out from them.

 

“Do we just stay still and don’t do anything about that?” A man annoyingly said to Mr. Park. “The Chairman must be furious for sure.”

 

“He’s surely like that. But we can’t do anything either. Business is always ranked in first place for Mr. Choi’s principle.” Mr. Park said in smiling. The smile was full of relief. He then turned to tap the younger lads shoulder. “Don’t worry, everything will be gone back to normal after a few days. But just bear it a little for the meantime.” Mr. Park added he then laughed at them when he heard them sighed and groaned in helpless.

 

+    +    +    +

 

Jonghyun and Sulli right now was in his car. He gave her, his handkerchief to wipe her tear. He sadly staring at her almost never bothered to blink his eyes.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked gently.

 

Sulli nodded. “Thank you so much, Jonghyun-shi. I greatly owe you once again.” She said and tried to pull her smile but still failed to convince him.

 

“At least can you tell me what happened? I know it must be hard for you to say them out but I want you-”

 

“I’m pregnant.” Sulli cut his off without giving him a look while bending her head down. She felt some sort of a shameful feeling when she said it.

 

Jonghyun on another hand, felt his heart was being gripped. He could predict this answer since the first place already but it still hit him extremely hearing it out from the girl he desperately falls in love with.

 

“So Choi’s family forced you to abort your child. Get rid of their blood like that?!” He sighed in disbelief and sank his back on his seat. “What about him? Does he know about that?”

 

Sulli shut her eyes and let the tears more even spilling down. “He really doesn’t know about it at all. It.....It was....just happened when he was gone to work this morning.”

 

“Oh no, Sulli! What will happen if I wasn’t there? You must be lost your child just like that and its father will end up has no idea about that.” Jonghyun said. “Thank God, that I saw you by chance while I was driving on the way here. I cannot imagine that my Dad’s business partner is so that cruel.” He halted and looked at the girl again. “So what will you do next? I think you should tell him about this. He has the right to know what was almost tragically happened to his girlfriend and his child.”

 

“I...I actually don’t know how should I tell him or should I tell him or not?” Sulli said and touched her stomach. “I’m afraid that he might insanely pour his rage to his family. It’s bad enough that him and his Dad isn’t in a good term. I don’t want their relationship end up lower than as it already is.”

 

+    +    +    +

 

Minho was pacing back and forth in front of his apartment building. In his hand was his phone, clutching tight. Hours already that he couldn’t reach Sulli via her phone. His chest felt so tight full of tension which every second it took. He was worrying about her whereabouts, she’s not alone anymore yet with his child. What if there is having something bad happen to her? At the same time that he’s afraid of this Dad’s action which he kept on recalling his word again and again from days ago. It was ringing in his mind nonstop.

 

He shut his eyes tightly while trying to control his nervousness which kept on increasing. “Jinri must be told me if she wants to go somewhere. But for hours already that I cannot contact her to learn about her whereabouts.” He instantly opened his eyes back. “What if that old man is doing crazy thing toward her? No, I shouldn’t standing here and do nothing.”

 

When Minho was about to turn around, his eyes then coincidentally caught on an unfamiliar car was stopped right at the side road. His expression turned to stiff all of sudden when he saw Sulli came out from that car and escorted by a man.

 

He winkled his brows in displeasure when he saw that man’s hand holding on Sulli’s arm, helping her climbed out yet his hand still comfortably rested on her even she already outside. He opened his eyes a bit larger when he finally recognized him. His blood suddenly boiled when there was unusual thing took shape inside him. He clenched his hand while witnessing the two of them exchanging delight smiles and so comfortable with that skin contact.

 

As far as he knew when Sulli Mom’s funeral took place, this guy also presented there. And he admitted that he felt so annoy seeing him neared Sulli, or corrected that he was so displeased with his present ever since he firstly saw him. And right now this offended feeling woke up again because of the sight view in front of him.

 

“What is this?” He said to himself and chuckled. “I’m almost crazy here worrying about her. But look! They’re together all along?!”

 

Sulli uplifted her face to look straight and there she noticed Minho was looking at their direction ... with a cold stare. She instantly pushed herself lightly away from Jonghyun and took his hand off of her.

 

“Oh Minho...when did you come bac-”

 

“Where have you been for hours?” Minho coldly cut off her word. “I couldn’t even reach you. Don’t you have any idea of how much I was worried?” His voice rose up gruffly and constantly earned a slight dissatisfaction from Jonghyun.

 

Sulli quickly looked at Jonghyun. It plainly grabbed Minho’s attention looking at the two exchanged the meaning glance.

 

“I...I..went....I meant we had some errands to catch up this morning.” Sulli answered. She lied. Since the incident happened, Jonghyun took her to somewhere and calmed herself down to clear her mind out from the fright before they came back.

 

Jonghyun sighed at her lied and Minho faked a chuckle.

 

“Are you kidding me Jinri? Only to catch up with something but spending the whole morning and even turned off your phone?” Minho couldn’t help but poured out his ill feeling. “I really don’t understand what’s in your mind right now. Was it so difficult to let me learn about it first before you lost to enjoy your jolly time like that?”

 

“Excuse me Mr. Choi! You know nothing but all of sudden lashed out at her over such a matter?!” Jonghyun who was no longer tolerated with his behavior, talked back. “Yes she out of nowhere had lost but do you know because of what?! .... Sulli! This morning she almost-...”

 

“Jonghyun!!!” Sulli stopped him and secretly shook her head. “Thank you so much for today. I bothered you too much already. You should get going now.”

 

Jonghyun sighed before he nodded at Sulli. He then looked back at Minho who was staring at him, obviously full of distaste.

 

“Mr. Choi, instead of exploding your anger, you should be careful with the people around which so close to you. Whatever it is ... Sulli ... she deserves peace.” He paused and gazed intensely at Minho. “You should better take care of your girlfriend more than this. If I still remember, this is already the second time I said it to you. So I hope I won’t repeat it again when we have a chance to meet next time.”

 

“Jonghyun!!!” Sulli called his name to stop.

 

“Mwo?” Minho voiced out in discontent over Jonghyun’s word.

 

“Okay! I’ll get going now. I hope when we meet again next time, your smile is a must that I wish to see. Bye Sulli and do take care.” He said causally and smiled to Sulli. His eyes then went back to Minho. “See you, Mr. Choi. And I’m sorry if my word just now offended you but I meant with what I said. And I hope you’re willing to consider it cautiously.” He then bended his head a bit to Minho before left them.

 

Sulli found a small courage to look at Minho at the same time his eyes also fell on her. In a split second, tension built up between them. Sulli could see that Minho was angry at her and that made her heart felt so sour at his obvious cold gaze. Minho rolled eyes and furiously took his step inside the building without uttered a single word. Sulli pursed her lips and raised her head up staring to the sky. She breathed in and out in slow motion in order to win over her emotion.

 

+    +    +    +

 

Mrs. Choi banged into her husband study room carrying her anger. Mr. Choi instantly jumped in shock at the sudden his wife great temper. He furrowed his brows glaring at her.

 

“Are you crazy?” Mr. Choi yelled at his wife.

 

“Oh yeah! My rude behavior just now considered as crazy?! So what about your immoral deed, what should I name it then?” Mrs. Choi lashed back.

 

“What the hell are you talking about? What? Immoral deed?!”

 

“Don’t act like you don’t understand what I meant, Daejun. What is the craziest thing you did behind my back and Minho’s?” Mrs. Choi let out her heavy sigh. “You’re so cruel. How could you give Mr. Park an order to get rid of your own grandchild? It’s a life for heaven sake.”

 

“Grandchild?! Are you that naive to believe that low life is really your son’s blood?” He chuckled irritatingly.

 

“Even if you believe that ... but it’s a life. It’s is sinless and innocent. It won’t waste you anything if we wait until the child come out and run the DNA test. It will never be late for Minho if we find out about it later if that the child is not his and that time we also easily get back our son without hurting him with our deed. He’ll learn his lesson and appreciate us. But .... You surely destroy him alive if that’s really his child, our grandchild.”

 

“Stop it!!! Don’t start with me, Mi-ae. It makes me having the headache enough about that problem.” Mr. Choi said and massaged his temples. “Those scatterbrains are so useless, only this small work they failed to succeed. Let’s say that street girl is lucky to have someone protect her. And remember! Even if that child is really Minho’s, I’ll still never acknowledge it. I won’t risk my reputation over those cheap people at all.”

 

“What??” Mrs. Choi rolled her eyes, totally in disbelieve. “You’re indeed a heartless person, Choi Daejun. Minho and I are really disappointed in you. Okay, it’s your choice if you want to acknowledge them or not. But not for me, if it’s really my grandchild, that mean they’re indeed my family. So I’ll never abandon them. Seal my word, Daejun.”

 

+    +    +    +

 

Sulli came out from the bathroom after she vomited everything out. Her stomach was empty now since even the dinner meal it already came out by sickness she had. She sat on the bed and faced palm.

 

Her emotion urged her wanted to cry again. Since this noon, Minho started to give her his cold shoulder. In their conversation, there were only a few words existed between them. Sulli felt so upset since she didn’t understand why he acted so cold toward her.

 

Yes, she knew that Jonghyun’s word really offended him but why he chose to angry with her. He didn’t even know how problem she gone through this morning but how could he did that like she was at fault? Minho, he really got on her nerve now. Many times she almost couldn’t control her anger, she wanted to face him and poured it all to ease her resentment. But at last she still had no courage to do so.

 

“Don’t you know that you’re being torturing my heart, Minho?”

 

 

 

Sulli tried to get her sleep but no matter how much she tried, it still failed. She slowly sat up and glanced at the clock, it was already midnight but she still found no desire to sleep. Her mind was occupied by Minho all day. She then rubbed her swollen face and tidied her hair before climbed off the bed and came out of the room.

 

She went to the kitchen to get the water. But when her step almost reached the fridge, Sulli instantly almost lost her conscious when she found Minho in the darkness was sitting by himself at the dining table and ..... drinking?!

 

“Aren’t you asleep yet?” Minho asked her.

 

“You won’t see me if I already slept.” Sulli coldly replied and opened the fridge to take the water. When she was about to leave the place, Minho uttered again.

 

“Sit here.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Waeyo? Are you still upset at me?” He asked a bit slur but Sulli didn’t answer since she wanted him to hint that she was actually upset. “Come here, Jinri.”

 

Sulli took a deep breath before she sat down across him. “What do you want to talk with me? Or you haven’t threw out your anger enough yet, that’s why yo-”

 

“I’m sorry.” He said and conveyed his gentle gaze to her. “I also don’t understand why I was so angry at you too long over such thing. But you really got me there, Jinri. I was really scared when I didn’t find you. I was afraid like hell....thinking that you might be alone and in a danger which causing from my family. I was afraid that I might hurt you again. You really didn’t know how much I was worried about you till I almost couldn’t breathe, Jinri.”

 

Sulli stayed silent as she felt so guilty that she hasn’t told him about his family did to her but moreover she felt so bad that she really didn’t know that Minho was like that at all, she really had no idea of how he felt.

 

“But suddenly it turned out that.....You were with him. You were staying with him all along while I was in the horrible state worrying about you.” He halted and touched his chest. “I don’t know why but.....at the moment when I saw you with him.... right here...... it was creating such a messy trouble and until now I still feel it whenever I remember how comfortable you were being with each other.” Minho slurred out.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Sulli asked as she couldn’t catch up what he actually meant by his heart was creating a trouble when he saw her with Jonghyun.

 

“I don’t know.....or I know why but I’m trying to deny it.” He said and laughed. “Aigoo! Don’t take it seriously, Jinri. Let forget about it.”

 

“What?” Sulli sighed.

 

 

“Jinri?!” His voice was so soft. He talked after many seconds of silence.

 

“Hmm.....”

 

“Which one of us do you feel so comfortable with?.....Me or him which one you’re close to?” He smiled when he caught how Sulli was so bewilderment with his question. “Consider how he talked to me, seemed like he’s so good to you in everything more than me and I have no capableness enough to take care and protect you from the people around me.” He chuckled. “Seemingly, he knows a lot about you more than I do, right?”

 

Sulli folded her fingers. “What are you talking about, Minho? You-”

 

“Do you like him?” His question popped out of nowhere and cut off her word.

 

“Yah!” Sulli slightly alarmed. She felt like her heart being ripped in pain again. At first he was like gave her a glimpse of hope but then he turned to crash it in pieces. And now he was even nonsense with his wild talking and questions. Sulli stood up. “You’re drunk Minho, so I won’t take whatever you said seriously. You should stop drinking now, it’s midnight already. Good night.”

 

Finished her word, Sulli immediately walked away from him. But to her startled, when she almost touched the doorknob of her room already, Minho suddenly gave her a back hug from behind. She instantly gasped.

 

“Minho, what are you-”

 

“Please....Don’t like him.”

 

“You...You really drunk, Minho.”

 

“I don’t. My conscious is still there, Jinri.” He said and tightening his hug instantly made Sulli widened her eyes in shock. “Do you hear me? Whatever it is, please don’t like that Jonghyun guy.”

 

Sulli felt a slight temper stirred inside. What the hell is wrong with him today? He made her so confused right now.

 

“So what’s wrong if I like him? You have no right to oblige me since we’re just only friend right?”

 

“My heart is creating trouble.” Minho said almost whispered.

 

That again!! ‘His heart is trouble!!!’. Sulli then sighed and shut her eyes. Can’t he say it straight forward for what he wants to mean?

 

“Jinri!....What if....What if I look at you more than friend? I guess I broke my word already. The one which I said, we should be best friend.”

 

Sulli heart skipped a beat all of sudden. She even tried so hard to catch her breath. Minho, what is he trying to say at this moment?

 

“Choi Jinri.....I....I think I like you.”

 

 

 

To be continued......


Updated. Sorry my dear readers for many mistakes there. And thank you so much for your great support. I love you, all.

I'll update soon.

Happy April Fools' Day, my beloved readers :D