Chapter 10

Unconditional Love

 

 

 

 

“Jiwon!!!” Minho said as the lass smiling widely in reply toward him but it soon faded when her eyes caught the sight of Sulli bowing her in polite.

 

Sulli tried her best to give Jiwon her best smile ever but the latter just stared at her humorlessly. Sulli instantly ducked in her place and avoided those intense eyes.

 

“What are you doing here?” Minho questioned Jiwon, at once he brought the two back from their discomfort environment.

 

Jiwon in a shot eyed back at him and forced to put a small smile. “She is here too?”

 

“Huh?” Minho was kinda dumbfounded but later he realized who she wanted to refer to. “Oh Jinri! Yes, she lives here with me.”

 

“What? You two are living together?” Jiwon alarmed unpleasantly and looked back to Sulli before it went on Minho again. She sighed. “No wonder you have made Auntie is lying on the bed carrying her deep distress.”

 

“What do you mean?” Minho asked back with his knitted brows. Worry drew out obviously all around his face.

 

Sulli who was also heard their conversation, became uneasy and concerned. It must be her who is the cause of this problem.

 

“What’s a son you are, Minho? She’s been sick since long time but you totally have no idea about her condition.” Jiwon scolded. Her eyes then shot a pathetic glance to Sulli who was being floated in guilt.

 

“She’s sick?” Minho earnestly confirmed. “Wait! How did you know?”

 

“It’s not important, how did I know. I think you and your Mom should solve the problem soon before everything gets worst. She still angry at you but I guess there’s no way out if you two continue like this. So today, my purpose is coming here to drag you to meet her.” Jiwon said and narrowed her eyes before dropped another word. “Don’t just because of something that not worth and lead you to destroy your own family relationship, Minho. That’s only most precious thing more than anything else also include the person who is sticking around you.”

 

“Mwo?” Minho said in annoyance. “Jiwon look! We-”

 

“Let cut it here. She’s your Mom, just think about it and do the right thing. Don’t take too long. I’ll wait for you down at the car park.” She blocked his word and then she secretly put a sly smirk to Sulli in disgust.

 

And much to Minho as well as to Sulli surprise, suddenly Jiwon put her both hands on his shoulder and tip toed to near his ear which apparently looked like she gave him a kiss. Their intimate skinskip instantly made Sulli avoided that event and consciously turned around. She felt herself was become so small of all sudden. At this moment between them it was like she was just nobody who witnessed their love sparkled. Although she knew that they had no special relationship anymore but she still couldn't bear to see them showed how much they're closer together.

 

“I just want to tell you that I actually no longer have any intention like what you’re thinking, Minho. I should accept the truth of us that we are possible anymore. Don’t worry because I know where I am standing and careful with what I’m doing. Hope you understand my good deed toward you, Minho. So I guess you may understand what I meant right?” Jiwon whispered Minho, she then let him go and smiled innocently before she left but not after she gave a meaning glance at where Sulli was standing back faced them.

 

Minho didn’t say anything, his eyes only staring at Jiwon’s figure walked away until she out of his sight before his sense came back to his own self. He was in the state of thinking that is this might be a trick or what? About his Mom was being sick and Jiwon appeared all of sudden in front of him without up for any advantages. To Jiwon he has known, she isn’t a type of a person who easily to give up. Did she really mean that she really had no intention to pull back their relationship and sincerely want a peace in his family? He somehow kind of believing with what Jiwon was said but at the same time the confusion also intruded him. But he also felt guilty about how he did to his Mom. It was just that he couldn’t control himself to not pour out his temper. Yes, Jiwon was right, what important right now is his Mom, he should at least give her a visit.

 

He stood still while running his thought at his spot without bugging after he closed the door until he heard his name was called by Sulli. He swiftly turned around and blankly looked at her since he didn’t notice when did she was standing here, behind him.

 

“Don’t you go to change? Miss Jiwon is waiting for you.” Sulli said. “I’ll get going first.”

 

“Where are you going?” Minho asked.

 

“Oh? I...I have to go somewhere with Amber Unnie.” Sulli burdensomely clutching her bag while replied and mentally relieved with the lie she came up in a split second of thinking. Right now, it wasn’t the right time to tell him about the pregnancy yet.

 

“Where? I’ll drop you there. Just wait for me a moment.” He said and was about to prepare himself when Sulli stopped him abruptly.

 

“Aniyo, I can go by myself. The place is not too far after all. You should be hurry since Miss Jiwon is waiting for you.” She quickly declined and held the doorknob ready to open. “Bye, I’ll go now. See you later.” Finished it she immediately dashed out from his Unit and left him without earning his word even for a nod.

 

Minho just sighed before he entered his room and get ready. Minutes later he came out while putting on his jacket but then he remembered something. “Wait! I forgot to ask what Jinri was going to tell me earlier. Is it important? Geezz!! Minho, you always like this, neglects her.” He then dropped the thought down since he guessed that it might be not important thinking that she didn’t eagerly to tell him a moment ago. “Okay, let ask her again later today.”

 

He immediately went out of his Unit but never realized that his phone was still inside and on the couch where he read the book earlier.

 

+    +    +    +

 

Minho and Jiwon came out from his car and then entered the mansion. Jiwon walked ahead of him as Minho was eyeing her in dislike since they stepped in the house and then he emitted out his breath, so loud enough for Jiwon was aware of it.

 

“Seem like you are so familiar with this house than me though? Since when did you’re so close with this environment especially getting along with my Mom?” Minho asked suspiciously while followed her from behind. What she really want actually? Even his house, she acted like she is the member who is living here. He actually didn’t please about the way he saw right now.

 

She stopped and turned around to stare at him. She crossed her arms and let out a small chuckle. “Don’t give me that frowning look, Minho. I want the gentle gaze which you sent to me before, remembered the time you took care of me when I was sick.” Minho put his hand on his hips and rolled his eyes, he was even about to talk back but Jiwon was fast ahead of him. She faded her smile and suddenly became so serious. “Okay, I’m just kidding. Sorry to make you disturb with my word. Minho.....Can I perform a small good deed to gain back your trust? Don’t misunderstand. I actually want to compensate everything for you which I had done in the past. Don’t ever think that I’m getting near your family, to my intention is, to bring you back to me or what. If so you’re wrong. I’m truly glad that you finally found someone rather than me take care your heart. And I knew that your family is strongly against your relationship with her. Because of that I bet you must be known well how much you make this family turned upside down especially your Mom. That is why I always spend times here with Auntie to ease her mood and lessen her suffering. And this is to your information why I am so familiar with this house also the only reason why Auntie and I are so closed now.”

 

“Jiwon I-” Minho felt a slight pinch of regret with the way he acted toward her just now, when he somehow could feel how sincere she was but she suddenly cut him off again.

 

“I just want you to trust me that I’m not up for any benefit, Minho. But I actually want us at least become friend.” She continued with intense gaze as Minho removed his eyes quickly from her. She sighed. “I understand if you’re not ready to open up for me again. But can you please don’t push me away. Can you at least try to find me as a friend? I don’t demand from you more than this since I knew that you already having your own happy family.”

 

“I-I don’t know, Jiwon. I also hope you understand me back either that I need time. But anyway.....thank for your kindness.” Minho gently answered her before his lips curved to form a small smile yet hasn’t reached his eyes. He then walked passed her toward his Mom’s room.

 

To his unknown, Jiwon smirked behind his back in victory before she caught up with him.

 

“Hey, what are you doing?” Jiwon held his hand which was on the doorknob. Minho quickly removed his hand back and looked at her in dumbfound yet a small trace in dislike showed thru his eyes with the way she touched him. To him it was like she suddenly used this chance to get his attention. “What am I doing? Didn’t it clear from the start that I came here to meet Umma, right?”

 

Jiwon rolled her eyes. “Why so serious with the mere touch, Minho? It’s not like I put a cursed love on you with that small skin contact. If so you’d already threw yourself to me ever since I touched your shoulders an hour ago.”

 

“Mwo? Seriously!!” Minho uttered and looked elsewhere when he couldn’t contain a small chuckle.

 

“Omo! Did you just laugh?” Jiwon clapped her hands together and crooked her neck to see his face.

 

“Mwoya? I didn’t.” Minho replied and pulled out his stone face. “So why can’t I get in?”

 

“Temporary, you cannot for now. Auntie is still angry at you and by the way she even didn’t know that I tell you about her sickness. I guess right now she doesn’t want to see you yet. Let me go inside and test her temper first before I give you the green light.” Jiwon said.

 

“It does not change anything if I enter right now or later since I’m not coming here to obey her but to learn how her condition as a son worried about his Mom.” Minho reasoned his purpose. “I know she is still going to compel me to do what she told me before, but I’m also sticking onto my word either.”

 

“Yah! Do you want her mentally get sick more than she already is? Is it the way you said that you worried about her?” She said and raised her voice a bit. “Don’t upset her anymore, Minho. I know I’m not in the place to give you an advice but in the meantime you should oblige what she wants first. She right now is not only your Mom but a patient. Her sickness is apparently emotional not physical. Her health is much more important than anything else right now.” She saw Minho was a bit in a calm state now so she added nicely. “Okay, consider about it Minho. I’ll go in first. Remember! Wait here until I call you.”

 

Minho shut his eyes and drew out his heavy sigh. He stood still in front of his Mom’s room while running his messy thought again. Why everything progressed on its way beyond his expectation? Even in his dream, he had never thought that Jiwon suddenly came to him for her good intention? And even wants to claim him as a friend, completely different from before that she had a passion desire to possess them starting all over again as a lover. Why in swift days, she changed her mind and considered it too simple like that? Not only in her case but also his Mom, he unintentionally made her emotionally sick and got this mental illness.

 

But after all only one thing which made him satisfied with the plan he put and it was none other than seeing his Dad in anger and failed to use him to get involve with his business to make it fluently running. But still if all of these matters arise before his plan was carrying, everything would be perfectly easy to solve. But now it’s too late so far, too late since Sulli already became his. He took away her ity and even promised that he’ll take care of her. Considering their situation right now, how come he agrees with what his Mom wants him to obey her? About Sulli, what will she end up if even him leave her as well and worst when she eventually get pregnant. No, he can’t heartlessly do that. Don’t know why but thinking about leaving Sulli, it made him started to build up something wrong which tickled his heart to arch. He really has no heart to depart from her, not when she needs him as well as he wants to take care of her with all of his heart can provide.

 

+    +

 

“What are you doing here?” Mrs. Choi was in sitting position covering her lower body with the blanket while her back leaned at the headboard. She asked him grimly.

 

“I heard that you’re sick. How is your feeling, Umma?” Minho asked as soon as he settled himself on her left side while Jiwon at her right side.

 

“Do you still consider me as you Mom? As far as I remember, you said that you hate me since this Umma was no longer an angel one in your eyes. You’re completely blind with my concern but opened your eyes wide and filled overflowing all every that girl deed. So what obligation you need to show up today? I haven’t died yet?” Mrs. Choi gruffly said without a hint of relish. But deep down inside she was really happy to see her son still worried about her.

 

Minho just exhaled in defeat before Jiwon took his place to give her speech instead of him.

 

“Auntie! Don’t ever say that unfortunate word over again. Minho, he hugely worries about you. You didn’t know how much he concerned when I told him about your condition this morning.” Jiwon said instantly earned a surprise look from Minho. She secretly sent him an assuring smile.

 

“Really?” Mrs. Choi confirmed to Jiwon before her eyes engaged with her son. “Are you sincerely worrying about me? Don’t you hate me? Or you finally realized what I said was true?” Her tone was still full of resentment.

 

Minho sighed once again before his hand made its way to grab hers. “I’m sorry, Umma. I didn’t mean what I said that day to you. It was just that I couldn’t stand to hear you kept on insulting Jinri.”

 

Again, that name again. Jiwon instantly faded her smile as Mrs. Choi scowled at her son in disbelieve.

 

“Umma! I’m sorry. Even if right now I’m being provoking you or what but I still want to say them. Please hear me out and I’m begging you to understand me!” Minho determinedly said.

 

Jiwon became uneasy so she quickly took the chance to talk. “Minho, I think Auntie-” But her word was cut off by him back.

 

“Umma, I can’t leave Jinri. She’s so pitiful enough. You don’t know how much she has been through in her life, even if you know but you’ll never feel her painful either. Please don’t think that I’m trying to buy your sympathy, contrastingly I want you to see her true self. She’s indeed not what you’re viewing on her. She’s a very nice girl who I’ve ever met, a girl who has a beautiful heart like you, Umma.” He paused when his Mom chuckled in fake tone. “Trust me! I’ll make you believe a true Jinri who is indeed a real innocent one, not a gold-digger or a cheap woman like what you named on her. I’ll prove them to you, Umma.”

 

Mrs. Choi heaved her heavy sighed and slumped her back in hopeless. She looked at her son and then elsewhere but then her son again before she groaned. “Aigoooo.......Aigoooo!!!”

 

Jiwon on another hand felt like her world was crushed into pieces when she saw Mrs. Choi seemed to fall into Minho’s gentle word yet pleading meaning. In a split second she was speechless with what she was going to do. Yes, they’re Mother and Son after all. She quickly recovered after. First thing which she greatly needs is his trust back before everything she can handle everything in her hand. She then composed herself before she stirred her tongue. “Yes Auntie, there’s always another side of people which we sometime failed to notice it. It’s unfair if we judge her negatively without any enough proof. Sometime the result might be completely opposite from our perspective.”

 

Minho was stunned all of sudden while locking his gaze at Jiwon after hearing what she said. Did she just take on his side to convince his Mom? He was taken aback a bit when she also looked at him with a smile which he found so unreadable somehow but he didn’t charge to take it seriously. She nodded at him as he consciously responded back by drawing out his smile.

 

It couldn’t deny that he somewhat found his heart still melted under those charming smile but he still could count that it was way too far from his heart contented. It was just a simple heart fluttering which he marked it as a thankful deed, not ecstatic one that he easily felt it like in the past.

 

+    +

 

“Thank for today.” Minho uttered first when him and Jiwon got out from his Mom’s room.

 

“Aniya! I’m just doing a good deed, remember!” Jiwon replied. “Let convert your trust into a score, 10 out of 10. So...How many point which I gain from you now?”

 

“Mwo?” Minho looked at her and chuckled.

 

“Oh Jiwon!!! My dear niece!!!” A louder voice rang around the mansion which made Minho naturally faded his smile and rolled his eyes.

 

“Neh, Uncle.” Jiwon responded Mr. Choi in delight smile before she bowed at him. “You’re so early today.”

 

“Aniyo, I’m just drop by for a break time. I’ll go back later.” He said and then his eyes landed on Minho who was standing beside Jiwon. “You’re also here! I guess you finally found your conscious back. Jiwon is a nice girl. Look how she takes good care of your Mom. Be good to her, Arasseo?”

 

Minho constantly let out his fake laughter before he fixed his cold eyes on him. “I’m sorry to disappoint you, Dad. But we’re not together or I’d say it’ll never happen forever. Sorry your wish slashed into smoke again. Don’t put your hope too high at the same level as your pride because we don’t know how much we get hurt when we fall down unknowingly.”

 

“What did you say?” His Dad cheerful face right now turned into a fierce once. “Are you still together with that trashy girl?”

 

“Of course, we are going to marry soon. And correct you! Not trashy but precious girl. Whatever, don’t ever want to scratch our life with your filthy hand......because you’ve no right to do so.” He looked elsewhere and chuckled. “Your own wife you don’t even bother to care so why don’t you do that to me as well? Let consider this damn son of yours as invisible.”

 

“MWO??” Mr. Choi’s rage increased, he was about to slap Minho when Jiwon came in between them.

 

Minho just smirk jeeringly toward his Dad before he walked pass him but not before his Dad’s last word intruded in his ears.

 

“Do you think I can stop and just back off that easily? Let’s see Minho, who is going to win eventually.”

 

Minho didn’t reply as he increased his speed more even faster in furious. He knew as soon as he no longer felt the vibe of his Dad around, in no time he will be calm down and be able to control himself back.

 

Mr. Choi was glaring at his son from behind till he was out of his sight. He then entered his study room and took out his phone. He dialed a number. “Mr. Park, I have something for you to do...........Get rid of it as soon as possible.......Of course, do it perfectly without Minho’s knowledge. It’s okay if he knows about it later but not now.” He then canceled the call. A slight smirk yet turned into a wide one later formed obviously on his lips.

 

+    +    +    +

 

Minho arrived at his apartment. He laid himself on the couch while thinking about his Dad’s last word. What will he gonna do? Hurt Sulli? No, he will never let this happen. Although he couldn’t promise to protect her but he still do out of his best to take care and protect her with all of his strength.

 

Thought about her, he noticed Sulli hasn’t back yet. It’s already late at noon. Where has she been? “Oh? My phone?” He just realized his phone was on the couch all along. He immediately grabbed it about to call Sulli but only surprised later when he saw many missed calls came from Sulli. Without thinking twice, he contacted her back.

 

“Jinri! Sorry that I didn’t answer my phone. Right now where are-...........Amber?!”

 

 

+    +    +    +

 

 

Sulli slowly opened her eyes and blinked many times before it widely opened. And she noticed how unfamiliar place where she was now, lying on a bed inside the blind white room. She tried to remember what happened and in a second a fright event flashed back in her mind, she gasped while holding her stomach.

 

“My Baby?!”

 

“Oh Sulli, you’re awake.” Amber who was just entered the room, fastened her pace toward Sulli’s bed. “You don’t know how much you scared me to death this morning after I received your call.”

 

“Unnie!!” Sulli uttered and tried to sat up, helping by Amber. Her eyes became red, her hands grabbed Amber’s tight. “Unnie, please call the doctor for me. I want to meet the doctor.”

 

“Calm down, Ssul. He’ll come in a minute. He said he’ll analyze your condition after you wake up.” Amber tapped the younger hand. “How is your feel-”

 

Suddenly a loud sliding door was being opened, distracted the lasses attention. Minho’s figure appeared in front of the two. He sweated all over his face and even panting. Sulli could tell that he must be running just now.

 

“M-Minho!” Sulli uttered.

 

Minho took no time to reach Sulli. “What’s wrong? Why are you being hospitalized?” He asked worriedly while observing her everywhere before his eyes landed on her pale face. “Did anybody hurt you? Tell me who are they?”

 

Sulli was about to answer to clear him when the doctor came in on time. Amber then just excused herself to leave since Minho already took her place now. The doctor just smiled at them before he read the file in his hand.

 

“Minho!” Sulli called his attention which was on the doctor. He immediately looked back at the weak girl and sat down on the bed beside her. “Nobody is hurting me. This morning I was about to tell you something but I had no chance to do it yet.” Sulli halted and swallowed the lump which was stuck in . She opened to continue but her voice couldn’t escape.

 

Minho instantly became panic as well. Why is she tearing up? What happened to her this morning? Did his Dad get involve with this?

 

“I’m scare.....I’m really scare that we might lose it.” She added with a tear slid down to her cheek. Her right hand was placed on her abdomen.

 

“Wae and we lose what? What’s wrong Jinri? You’re now is scaring me.” Minho said and held her hand.

 

“Miss Choi Sulli, right?” The doctor cut them.

 

Sulli rose her head up. Her body was tremble all over. Minho was well aware, he quickly wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

 

“Gwenchana! Jinri. Gwenchan.” Minho whispered her in assuring tone even though he had no idea of what she is scaring for. Right now his heart also was beating in very face pace while waiting for the doctor result of Sulli’s condition.

 

The doctor smiled. “Don’t be scare and stop worrying. You didn't miscarry, Ms. Choi. It’s just a simple thing for many pregnant women in their several weeks to experience the abdominal cramping. But anyway it’s good thing that you came to hospital on time since we can’t predict if this can lead to miscarriage later on.”

 

“P-Pregnant women?! Miscarriage?!” Minho greatly alarmed and then jerked his head to Sulli, who now was smiling in relief. “Jinri! Are.....you pregnant?” Shock not only showed all over his face but either his voice.

 

Sulli slowly faded her smile when she witnessed Minho’s unreadable expression. She somehow was too afraid that he finally regret with what they were doing. No, she didn’t even dare thinking deeper than this. She then bended her head down and slightly nodded her head. She didn’t want to see that kind of expression anymore. Sulli shut her eyes and was ready to hear every bad thing that Minho might be dropping. But to her surprise, she felt her body was tightening in his warm embrace.

 

“I’m sorry, Jinri. Sorry to not pick up your calls. You must be too scared again. Why didn’t you tell me this morning? It’s really important, you know?!” He pulled out. “It’s great that there’s nothing bad happen to the baby. If so I will never forgive myself forever.”

 

Sulli couldn’t help but crying. This feeling is so perfect for her to not spill the tears. It was like they’re a real couple who found out this good news together. She was totally wrong thought that he might tell her later to abort this child. Crazy.....indeed crazy thought. Minho smiled and wiped her tears away before he hugged her again and kept on whispering the word, ‘thank you’ which made Sulli flied in cloud nine as it already was.

 

 

After discharged from the hospital, Minho brought her to eat anything she badly wants. Sulli laughed and smiled all day, seeing Minho frowning face when she always craving for something wired. But he still tried his best to find it for her and never rejected. More or less he know how strange appetites of pregnant women are.

 

 

These few days, Minho took the best care on Sulli so much. Whenever she told him that she was so bored without doing anything in the house, he always mimicking the doctor’s words again and again, until she had no choice but stayed in one place and does nothing.

 

“Umm...I need to go to my workplace later. Are you okay to stay alone?” Minho asked while they were having the breakfast. But when Sulli was about to answer he said again. “Remember! Don’t touch anything which tiring yourself. Tell me what do you want to eat? I’ll buy them for you while I’m on the way back.”

 

Sulli couldn’t help but melted under his sweet caring and concern. She smiled beautifully at him and nodded her head. But when Minho left, her body started to itch and wants to do some house chores. She wore an apron and began with washing the dishes.

 

Her smile never vanished when remember these few days with where she was standing and doing is already become Minho’s part time job. But now since it was a chance, she happily took this place back.

 

While she was in the mid-way of washing suddenly she heard the door was buzzing. Sulli was instantly nervous. If it’s Minho, he would get in by himself. She was so sure that it’s absolutely not Minho.

 

And so.....who is by the door then?

 

Sulli opened the door nervously. And there it was, 3 men in black suit were standing before her. They politely bowed, to Sulli soon responded back. But at the same time she gasped silently when she remembered a man who was standing in the middle. He was the same man who used to come to her rooftop house the past day.

 

So it meant ...... they are coming from the Choi’s family men. What do they want from her right now?

 

“Miss Sulli! Please come with us.”

 

 

 

Sulli right now was in their car. She was sitting at the backseat and in the middle between two men were at her both sides. She decided to come with them since she was afraid that if she didn’t obey with what they want, they might be hurt her or do anything without she could imagine. She was alone and a girl who is now pregnant. How could she face them by herself?

 

Fear began to eat up her chest, her heart was beating erratically and it even greatly increased for every moment the time took when she was with them. Sulli mindlessly clapped her both hands together in sweat while her body was trembling with full of fright. She gulped and built up her braveness before she asked them.

 

“Where do you take me?” She asked them carefully. “Does Mrs. Choi want to meet wit-” Sulli word swiftly froze in the air when she caught the car was suddenly stopped. Her eyes naturally threw to outside by the window, apparently landed on a specific building which is standing in front of the car.

 

Sulli consciously widened her eyes and promptly covered with her both palms in shock yet in extremely fear ever.

 

ABORTION CLINIC

 

NO....................

 

 

 

To be continued.....


Updated!!!! I'm really sorry for taking many days to make an update. I don't want like this but my freetimes are so tight lately. But don't worry my beloved readers, I'll try to update once I can. Sorry again for many mistakes there, I was too lazy to reread it again. Anyway thank so much for keeping on waiting and continue on reading.

Okay, I'll try to update soon :-) Good luck.