Chapter 9

Unconditional Love

 

 

“Break up with her, Minho.” Mrs. Choi declaimed as soon as she settled herself on the couch and shot her straight gaze toward Minho who was standing firmly. He was trying to hold back his strong feeling of anger toward his Mom.

 

“Mwo?” He finally uttered emotionlessly.

 

“Didn’t you hear me? I said you must break up with that cheap woman and then marry with Jiwon.”

 

Minho rolled his eyes and chuckled in unbelievable. “Don’t you know that what are you doing right now, Mrs. Choi? You’re a high class woman of the Choi’s Empire who comes with glamorous and indulgent life. But considered with the word you’re using and the way you behaved to Jinri just now, I don’t think that you’re one, Umma.”

 

“Mwo?! What are you saying, Minho? I’m your Mom, what with the way you’re talking to me without respect?” She scolded at him and winkled her forehead totally more even furious. “How does that woman brainwash your consciousness? You’ve never carried that offensive manner with me before.”

 

“But you’re too much, Umma. Jinri is a human being she also a person has her value and pride as well, but look! Did you respect her just now?” Minho talked back but in a calm voice.

 

“For that kind of a person likes her, do I need to care about herself-esteem?” Mrs. Choi shook her head, disappointed in his son. “Your Dad is absolutely right! Her intention to throw her body to you and jumped on your bed is only after for our family’s wealth.”

 

“Umma!!!” Minho yelled at her Mom once again but she didn’t stop talking.

 

“She made herself pregnant in order to grab you tight as well as the main attention is aiming for the plentiful supply of our family treasury. Wake up, Minho. I don’t want you regret later after she hurts you one day.”

 

Minho shut his eyes and bit his lip to ease his breath. He was in the state of controlling his irritation with what Mrs. Choi continuously speak-ill about Jinri. “Umma! If you still continue to insult and accuse Jinri absurdly, don’t ever blame that this son insanely doing something that you’ve never imagined.”

 

“Minho!!”

 

“Enough Umma!” Minho raised his hands up in the air and bellowed which made his Mom was very startled.

 

“Okay....So let settle it in this way.” She composedly said. “Umma will let you to have your child. We will acknowledge that child into our family but once again you can’t be with her. And I don’t actually mind if you don’t want to marry Jiwon, I’ll try to persuade your Dad to understand your condition.”

 

“NO!! Whatever you say Umma, I can’t.....No!......I’m not going to leave Jinri and I’ll still marry her no matter what.” Minho calmly uttered while staring at her Mom with his determined look before he turned around and was about to leave his Unit. But not before he dropped another word. “Whatever either ways you use to separate us, you won’t be able to succeed.”

 

“I was really regret the day I went to meet that girl.”

 

Her dropping word made Minho stopped his foot at the doorway. He swiftly turned around and engaged his confused eyes to his Mom.

 

“You what? You met Jinri?” Minho eagerly asked as his hand clenched in fist. When did it happen and why Jinri didn’t tell him about that at all? How much she endure all of those insulting by herself without sharing them with him? Stupid girl!!!! Again......He hurt her once again.

 

“Yes! I went to meet her. To my intention was to approve your both relationship and warned her in advance about your Dad’s intention which might arise in the future but I really regret after I learnt that you’ve spent so much amount of money on her recently. I can’t even imagine what seductive style that she used on you and making you showered her with that money. Don’t think that I don’t know about it, Minho.” Mrs. Choi chuckled derisively. “How could she’s faking her innocent look and pretends to be naive? I was so stupid that almost to fall to her trap like you, son. But glad that I found out her true face on time. Anyway I was so wrong way back then and my heart was too soft toward that girl so easily.” She halted and sighed when seeing Minho was too stiff at his place, she perfectly knew that he was trying to control his anger over her word but all what she did and said only wanted to knock over his sense to make him opened his eyes to see the real face of the woman whom he chose. “Minho, Umma don’t actually care about the money you’ve wasted on her but I want to protect you from getting hurt. I don’t want that woman come in to your life and screw up your future without your awareness.”

 

Minho felt his knees were shaking involuntarily as his hands were clenched so hard. How could his Mom become like this? In his eyes, she really has a beautiful heart and so kind. He loves her so much more than his Dad who’s only cares about the business and has never paid attention on them. Sadly right now another side of his Mom finally emerged. He though he still has her to understand him but he was wrong. Even her own son she couldn’t perceive, what actually in the past he had been through but how dare she presumed everything about Jinri.

 

“I am..............so disappointed with you, Umma. I thought that you were different and will never like Appa but my perspective was totally wrong. You completely don’t understand your own son. I think Appa’s nonsense principle greatly influenced you, no doubt that you two are in a good term right now, wanting to scatter my life and shutting eyes to view negatively of the people who are not come from the same standard.” Minho paused as he drew out his long breath and shot his firm gaze yet so cold right toward her. “I’m sorry but I think...........I’m starting to hate you now, Umma. Because you hurt my woman.........as like as you hurt me.”

 

Minho said as he shut his eyes trying to absorb his own self word, what was the real meaning behind it? Yes, he really felt a pang of disappointed toward his Mom but mostly he felt guilty and somewhat hurt knowing that Sulli has been through the hard time a lot these days. So what about the future since this were just the beginning, and how much more she is going to get hurt while being with him? She needs to stick into the nonsense plan of his as like he was dragging her into the unimaginable rough way ahead. Protect her?! Does he have the capableness enough to do so since he failed to make it happen for many times already? He somehow regretted for the way he chose right now when knowing that he might be made a sinless girl is going to get hurt more even than this in the time ahead but it no longer having a possible chance to turn back now, everything already on its way to accomplish his plan.

 

Minho hastily went out and shut the door behind his back and leaving his Mom inside his unit alone. His mind was occupied with everything related to his family and Sulli. Everything became a mess inside his head now, what should he’s gonna do to protect Sulli and distance himself from getting hurt at the same time? He doesn’t know. The way that laying ahead of him seems so blurry for him to walk without getting lost.

 

+    +    +    +

 

Sulli was sitting silently in the bus. Her teary eyes were staring blankly over the window. The memory of earlier flashed back in her mind.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW UMMA??” Minho furiously shouted at her Mom once again and Sulli already breaking loss in tears while still covered her palm on her red cheek without understandable why she poured her harsh anger on her.

 

“I came here to talk to you, Minho.” Mrs. Choi said and then she conveyed the hatred stare through her glaring toward Sulli.

 

Minho saw that he immediately grabbed Sulli’s wrist and dragged her came out from his Unit which lightly hit his Mom’s shoulder a bit but he didn’t care to spare a glance at her. Even if how many times his Mom was calling but he didn’t stop, his eyes were only focus on the short walkway toward the elevator.

 

“Minho! What are you doing? You shouldn’t disrespect Madam. She wants to talk to you.” Sulli uttered softly as her tears still running down on her cheeks.

 

Minho then pressed the elevator button before he turned to face Sulli. He wiped her tears, at the same time he saw her cheek was reddened due to the hard slap from his Mom. He consciously touched it and it constantly made Sulli winced in pain, she lightly jerked her head to the side out from his touch. He sighed first before he could found his calm voice.

 

“I’m really sorry Jinri for what happened to you just now. But can you wait for me downstairs.” He paused as the elevator door was slid opened, he then pushed her lightly inside while he stood still at the same spot. “I’ll be quick and follow you behind when I finish. We’ll still go to your house together. Wait for me! We really have lots of thing to talk after this.”

 

Sulli just forced to show him a small smile and nodded her head slightly to reply before the door little by little was shut and Minho’s figure was lost from her sight.

 

Sulli used her hand to caress her sore cheek at the same time she just realized that she was still crying. Her hand obviously felt the water was wetting on her cheek. She felt so pathetic right now till she couldn’t control her tears not to flow. He told her to wait for him but she didn’t, she had no heart to do that by waiting for his caring and shows her his sympathy, she wanted to get rid all of her emotion out first before she could face him without a trace of sadness. Sulli didn’t want Minho to witness her pain. She didn’t want him to think that she’s weak. Whatever it is, she’s truly afraid of his good deed to her when she shows her fragile side toward him.

 

Sulli walked one by one while bending her head down, thinking all along about the thing which was happened just now. Little did she didn’t even know that there was an unexpected guest was waiting for her in front the block of her attic house building, until her name was being called by that person. She raised her head immediately and found Lee Jonghyun was standing about 5 meters away from her, he was smiling charmingly toward her. Sulli responsively smiled back and bowed at him.

 

“Jonghyun-shi! What are you doing here?” Sulli asked in still surprise tone when she neared him.

 

“I just want to know how are you, that’s why I drop by.” He replied while staring lovingly at her. He noticed how gloomy her expression was, at the same time witness her puffy eyes and red cheek. “Sulli! Are you crying? Did someone hurt you?” He asked in concern.

 

Sulli alarmed at his question and looked down avoiding his worried gaze. She composed herself from obvious to unmindful by putting a smile. She used both palms to hold her both cheeks and directed her face back up to him. “Really? Am I looking that bad to you? It might be because I’m still mourning for my Mom. You know I’m not yet to move on that easily.” She said and sensed that he didn’t seem to convince by her reason so she quickly changed the topic. “So you don’t have work today?”

 

“Oh.....” Jonghyun caught off guard. How could he didn’t have but he escaped it again and came to her. “I’m actually free today. Umm...Sulli! How about accompany me for a drink, as like coffee? I haven’t had my breakfast yet.”

 

“Eh?” Sulli opened her eyes in dumbstruck.

 

“You’re not free? Oh it’s okay then.” He disappointingly said and rolled his eyes around them. “So where is your boyfriend?”

 

Sulli opened to say anything but no word was come out, instead she just smiled awkwardly to him back.

 

“I’m sorry to ask this but did you two have a fight?” He couldn’t help but asking again when seeing Sulli seemed so uneasy to his question about her boyfriend.

 

“A-Aniyo!” Sulli answered, she then quickly dropped this topic down and came up with his offer. “Actually it’s okay for me, what about the Café shop by the few blocks from here. Since you’re an office business man, I guess western breakfast is going to suit you. I guarantee! The coffees, cakes, bakery items, cereal.....Ahhh etc.....They are all the best.” Sulli said and gave him a number one thump up which made Jonghyun found it was cute and laughed.

 

“Oh Chinchayo? You make me drooling and eagerly to try it now. So let’s go, shall we?”

 

Sulli smiled back and nodded her head before they walked side by side as the way was headed by Sulli. The two of them were getting along so easily. Having Jonghyun as the companion had been soothing her sadness away, cheerful side of her was created by falling into the random joking of him, she found herself smiling a lot.

 

Contrastingly from Minho, she has never found that side from him, instead it was filled with the secure and warm feeling which embracing her all the time whenever Minho was beside her but at the same time a slight of hurt was emerged while she was enjoying those feeling.

 

 

+    +    +    +

 

 

Sulli was climbing up the rock stairs which was direct to her rooftop house. After spending time with Jonghyun she found her smile was hanging around her lips since then, remembered the jokes which he spelled to make her ease the longing desire for her Mom.

 

“Glad, that I can see your smile again, Sulli. Remember! Whenever you need a friend to eliminate your botheration or just in case you have the problem, just let me know. I’ll absolutely come to you right away and make sure to make your jaw turn to stiff because of laughing when you feel down.” She smiled by recalling the last word of Jonghyun told her before they separated way.

 

Her foots landed on the top of the rooftop house at the same time her eyes laid on the very familiar figure was back facing her. He was standing while facing his face toward the high buildings which were standing gracefully to fill the beautifulness of the view of Seoul. Her smile soon faded as at the same time his figure turned around when he felt her present was arrived behind his back.

 

When their eyes met for a few seconds, Sulli avoided his gaze immediately as he released his breath in relief while still staring at her. And he was none other than Choi Minho.

 

“Where were you been all awhile? I said that you should wait for me. Don’t you know how much worried I am?” Minho said while he followed Sulli from behind and entered her house.

 

Sulli dropped her bag on the chair and turned around to give him a faint smile instead of answer before she walked to the small kitchen which was located in the corner of her small room area. “Tea or Coffee? Which one do you like? Coffee I guess, since you always drink it every day.”

 

Minho sighed at her behavior, obviously she didn’t want to answer him and ignored his question as like it never existed. Sulli then placed a cup of coffee on the table and told him to sit down and enjoyed the drink before she went inside her room to prepare and pack her belonging. But he didn’t obey her, instead he followed her again inside.

 

“Jinri!........” He paused his word and shortly shut his eyes in frustrated he actually didn’t know where he should start to speak. But Sulli got the chance to talk first while her eyes never rested on him.

 

“Just wait for me outside. It will take a little more time for me to get ready.” Sulli said nonchalantly as her hands were busy getting her necessary stuffs and placed inside her faded luggage.

 

He sighed and rolled his eyes elsewhere before it went back to her. “Okay! Let drop the topic why you left me without telling.” Minho then walked closer to Sulli who was sitting on her bed while folding her clothes. “I just want to know why didn’t you tell me that you met my Mom.” He asked firmly as his gaze was locking on her. “What are you thinking, Jinri? Don’t you have any intention to tell me at all?”

 

Sulli halted her action. No need to guess, it might be his Mom who was the one who told him. She built up a hardest smile first before she bravely controlled her tongue. “I think it was okay since she actually came for a peace. She had no bad intention to me after all.”

 

It’d be lie if she didn’t get pressure caused by his sudden question. But she tried her best to act casually even despite the fact that she actually was really shaking, remembered how his Mom had done to her this morning totally different from what they encountered that day.

 

Minho sat down on the bed as well and faced her but Sulli stubbornly never gave him a look. So his hand immediately grabbed her wrist to stop her from what she was doing. Sulli looked at him in surprise as he was conveying his gentle stare on her.

 

“Don’t you feel anything after what she had done to you? Don’t try......don’t ever try to hold it back. I know how you feel Jinri.”

 

Sulli quickly released her wrist from him and broke the stare. She knew if she tells him that she was okay, he definitely doesn’t convince it. “Okay! I was surely nonplused and kinda offended actually. But true that this didn’t even compare to what I had lost recently, Minho. I lost my Mom and that was only a great impact ever that struck me badly. So you-”

 

“I’m sorry, really sorry Jinri.” He cut off his word with his desperate apology gaze.

 

She then raised her face up to look at him. “Right now I’m fine, I can understand her. And if this apology certainly about this morning, No, you-”

 

“It’s apparently not just only for this morning.” Minho immediately blocked Sulli’s speech again, he then moved his seat more even closer to her by pushing her luggage which was laying on the bed in between them aside. He seriously added. “But....for everything, the entire things that I unintentionally kept on repeating. Sorry for dragging you into this crazy hole of mine. The way I ended up making you cry for more than once, especially hurt you again and again. Jinri, I’m really sorry for everything which I know that I’m the only one, the main reason that causing you through such all of these very hard times.” Minho gentled his voice as it was on its way already.

 

His apology capably made Sulli silently drew out her breath when she felt her eyes were getting warmer in a split second. She promptly looked away to the right side in order to disconnect their eyes contacts. All his words instantly reminded her of the upset things from the past days since she found herself was starting to appear a special feeling for him. Jiwon problem plus his family matter were hit her at the same time. She pursed her tremble lower lip to overcome her cheerlessness at the same time she mentally scolding herself, why she was so bad in hiding her emotion, too weak to control her heartache? In front of him why she couldn’t act stronger? Isn’t she afraid of his good deed?

 

Minho leisurely straightened his hand forward to place on Sulli’s. He instantly grabbed her misery mind back from her deep thinking. Her soft eyes with unshed tears mindlessly fell on their hands as she completely had no courage to look at him. In a slow motion, his hand hers gently, meaning that he didn’t care if she could look at him or not as long as she is willing to hear him out at that moment.

 

“I don’t know what will we gonna face in the future on the way we’re walking right now and I knew that it won’t ever be easy for us to pass it easily as well. But.....at least next time if you get hurt without I stupidly cannot learn about it, can you please tell me....or whatever the problem are that make you shed the tears, I’m begging you Jinri.....please share them with me, don’t keep it by yourself. That’s what I only demand from you.”

 

Minho felt his heart was beating achingly at the view of Sulli was staying silence while trying to fight for her tears. His hand then slowly released hers as at the same time he stood up and went outside. He slid the door shut and rested his back on it.

 

‘I’m really sorry that I cannot promise to protect you. I think I have no confidence enough to do so. ‘I’m sorry’ this word, I know I’m going to say it frequently from now on.'

 

He closed his eyes and touched his left chest while breathing in and out heavily. ‘Am I.....Am I being too selfish by trying to safeguard my own heart?!’

 


 

The times passed by very quickly as this is the fourth weeks since Sulli moved in to live with Minho at his apartment. Everything between them was running smoothly but except of the way that the two of them were acting toward each other. Distance between them seemed far extended than before. Obviously they are afraid of getting closer with each other but to Minho, he’s still care for her as the same way he did before.

 

In the early morning while Sulli was still on her bed, she suddenly felt cramping inside her abdomen. She moved her tired body instantly opened her eyes and breathed in a messy rhythm before she shut her eyes back due to the pain kept on increasing, she squeezed her stomach while rolling back and forth and whimpered silently by herself.

 

Many minutes later it slightly subsided down till she no longer felt hurt anymore. Sulli steadily sat up and held her stomach, she was thinking of something that it might be approached her finally. Since she is a nurse student, more or less she can easily aware of what happened on her just now. She immediately got off from her bed intended to get the calendar to confirm something but the new symptoms which so called queasy feeling suddenly was built inside her stomach and out of nowhere it started to attack her. She then quickly covered and ran toward the bathroom.

 

She was holding the pregnancy stick test in her hand. She eased her breath first before raised it to level her eyes. And the result is........

 

POSITIVE......

 

Sulli walked out from her room and there she saw Minho was sitting on the couch while entertaining himself by reading book. She bit her lip and drew out a breath before she made her way toward him.

 

“Oh! Today it's weekend, are you going somewhere?” Minho asked when he was aware her present at the same time he noticed she dressed neatly, seemed like she was going outside.

 

“Yes.” Sulli shortly answered. She chewed her lips, doesn’t know how she tell him but still he should be the first to know about it. “M-Minho, actually I've got something to tell you.”

 

“Alright, sit down then.” He said smiling and gesturing her for the available space on the couch beside him. He then eyed on her face in concern when he saw how pale she was. “Jinri, is there something wrong happen to you?”

 

“Aniyo!” She answered and shook her head. “Minho......I-I think I might be get.....preg-” Sulli almost finished her word but suddenly she was cut off by the door was buzzing. She felt her heart beating more even crazier as the panic started to eat up her chest. Who would it be this time? Why it need to be at this moment?

 

Minho perfectly witness how she was changed. He tapped lightly in assuring on her shoulder. “Chakaman!! I’ll get the door. Stay here okay?”

 

He quickly stood up and walked toward the front door while Sulli rose up from her seat as well. In a several seconds later the door was swung opened and unexpectedly Jiwon figure was appeared right in front of Minho.

 

“Jiwon!!!” Minho surprisingly expressed as the lass smiling widely in reply toward him but it soon faded when her eyes caught the sight of Sulli bowing toward her in polite.

 

+    +    +    +

 

Sulli was standing by herself at the bus stop while staring blankly at the heavy traffic. To her first intention, she wants to tell him about it and then come to the clinic together in order to confirm her pregnancy since she wasn’t 100% sure yet, still she admitted that the possibility is high. But now it turned out that she was alone by herself to do this confirmation. Sulli smiled bitterly by recalling what happened just now when Jiwon existence came into the view at Minho's apartement when she was in the edge of telling him but.......

 

“Urgh....” Sulli gasped at the slight of the pain which she had just experienced this morning attacked her again. "No not happen again!!!" She consciously bent her back and clutching her stomach when the pain little by little was starting to increase.

 

“Minho!” She uttered in whisper as her hand quickly opened the zip of her bag and tried to find her phone. In a second she found it and abruptly dialed his number. But even how many times she tried to contact him, he didn’t answer. Sulli bit her lip in tolerance, she hardly took her step toward the bench at behind but her both feet were limped at the unbearable pain inside her abdomen. The tears were already breaming at the corners of her eyes. She really hopelessly found anybody to help her.

 

“No! Umma!! Help me....please don’t let something bad happen to the baby. Please!!!” Sulli breathlessly begging, she miserably was greatly in pain now. Trying to bear it, her tremble hand was clutching her phone again and called him.

 

 

 

To be continued........

 


The end of the chapter. Sorry to make you waited for the update. Anyway how was this chapter all my beloved readers? Was it too boring?

I'm sorry if there were so many mistakes there and thank so much for spending your precious times to read my story :-)

Okay! I'll update soon :-) I love you all........