Fourteenth of August: Green Day

the Fourteenth

Note: In South Korea, Green Day is another of the off-calendar holiday dedicated to love which is celebrated on the 14th of August. The day when couples take the time to appreciate their love by drinking Soju, a strong Korean alcoholic drink made traditionally from rice. The day is called 'green' because of the colour of the bottle in which soju comes in. 


 

"Kyung Jin-ah, it's me Joonmyun (Suho). Can you open the door? We brought your drunken man home." Suho informed you as soon as you answered the intercom and from the screen, you saw a knocked out Jongdae in between Joonmyun and Kyungsoo (D.O.) with his arms wrapped around their shoulders. 

"Oh mo, okay, please come in." You exclaimed and quickly opened the door for them. "But you know, he might not want to see me when he wake up though, because apparently I made him mad. He even told me he didn't want to see me for awhile."

"Oh trust me, he wants to see you." Kyungsoo spoke up while carrying Jongdae to the bedroom of your apartment. "He drunk-called the members and kept blabbering about you. We couldn't really understand what he was saying but we caught your name, most definitely. Luckily, we found him in time and that he was in a bar of our friend, or not the public would have fun talking or publishing about this." 

Joonmyun let out a sigh after putting Jongdae on the bed and looked at you. "Yea, we don't know what's going on between you two but please take care of our friend. He still loves you no matter what the problem may be, please keep that in mind." 

"We'll leave you two to figure it out." Kyungsoo approached the apartment door to leave. "Please stay strong."

"Yes, and thank you for putting up with this fool." Joonmyun chuckled. "Call us, if there's anything you need."

"Thank you both very much. Please drive home safely." You smiled and gave them a bow, sending them off.

You walked back to your boyfriend and started taking off his socks and shoes. 

"Aish, you troublesome of a man. Just cuz you're mad at me, does that mean you have to get yourself drunk in public. What if you get caught by the paparazzi or your fans. You would be in so much trouble especially if it makes the headline. It's Green Day, you're suppose to drink soju with your girlfriend, not go get yourself drunk alone and leaving yourself in despair. Don't you think of your members, your company or your parents? Why are you being so immature these days, hmm?" You ranted at the sleeping Jongdae. 

When you were about to stand up from the bed to go get a bowl of water and cloth, a pair of warm arms wrapped around your waist. 

"Kyung Jin, please don't leave me. Please don't leave me." He mumbled, his body curling up with his face nuzzled against your thigh. 

You sighed at the sight. Why in the world would you leave him when he was the one who acted like he wanted to leave you,  you thought.

Yes it was true that you and Jongdae had been in the rough for these couple of weeks after he got back from China, especially this past week. This would probably be the first time you really argued about something.

When you sent that text to him last month with a Saranghae in it, you didn't mean for it to be a confirmation that you agree on seeing his parents or him seeing yours yet. So when you tried to explaining it, he had gotten upset even though he was trying to hide the feeling but you could still tell because his face was obvious. You attempted to resolve it again by bringing it up and elaborating your explanations but that too did not go well. Although you could have explained your thoughts a little better because you were not always good with your words but he was being stubborn about his own point of view and could not understand yours. You were not rejecting his idea of the meetings with the parents, you only wanted more time. However, he kept emphasizing that it was only right to make it official by paying your parents a respect as soon as possible. The boiling situation had led him to blurt out accusations that you didn't think/feel the same as him or as much as he did, that perhaps you didn't take this relationship as serious or how you did not respect his parents. Of course, that had gotten you extremely mad and upset. Thus you started giving him the silent treatment for slightly more than a week. 

The tension had gotten worse when he thought you were developing a new relationship with the new employee in training that you were responsible for, seeing that you were spending a lot of time being intimate with him instead of your boyfriend which was clearly a misunderstanding. The old fire, plus the new burning jealousy had made Jongdae barge into your aparment and request a break-up. When you couldn't get the reason out of him because he kept suggesting that you should clearly know what you have done wrong already in addition to the previous problem, he stormed off as fast as he came. 

You tried to clear things up with him but was ignored numerous times. So even though you were heart broken, you decided that if you already tried your best to make it work again but he wasn't cooperating, then you would just try to move on. This was when you started ignoring his presence or acting cold towards him in order to such ridiculous task. And you didn't hear much from him until now. 

To much of his dismay, you parted from his arms leaving a wailing Jongdae on the bed for the water and a clean cloth. You returned quickly with them and started wiping his face with the warm clean cloth. 

"If you only try to see my point of view a little and maybe if I was a little more patient with you, then maybe both of us would not have to be in such a messed up state." You let out a small sigh while rubbing his arms with the cloth. "You babo (idiot/fool). Babo babo... How can you leave me like that? I miss you, you babo." 

 

"I miss you too." He grabbed your arms suddenly pulling down for a hug. "Mien (Sorry, pronounced Mi-ahn), I'm sorry." 

He shifted your position making you come face to face with him. After a moment, he moved in to gave you a tender kiss, making you taste a bit of the remaining soju aftertaste. 

"Mmm, you're intoxicating me for a Green Day." You playfully joked into the kiss. 

"I'm really sorry for how I acted. Please give me another chance to make it right." He pleaded into your eyes and caressed your cheeks lovingly.

You thought for a moment and said, "Would people think I'm too easy if I say I forgive you right now?"

He chuckled, "I don't care what people say. If you give me the chance again, I'll redeem myself. It's only you that matter."

You nodded at his sentence. How can anyone go mad at this man for long? Oh Jongdae, you are really the death of me.

He repeated again, "Mien, sorry, I am really sorry," and nuzzled into the crook of your neck.

"Hush, it's okay. Let's start anew tomorrow neh?" 

"Neh. Okay."

Not long after that, you both fell into deep slumber in each other's arms. 

 

 


 

 

A/N: That y look in the picture above is what I imagined Chen looking like when angry/upset, the picture that drove me crazy. Oh I cannot! Anyway there you have it, the result of the situation from last chapter. 

@nfrdae: haha thanks! I don't know if this was the gentleness you imagined but I hope you find it fitting just the same :/ 

P.S. - Chen's version of 'Breath' is on repeat like mad for me .. the song is so moving... i'm starting to ship him and Zhang Li Yin slightly :O 
Anybody feeling the same way or would beg to differ? Feel free to share your thoughts!