Fourteenth of April: Black Day

the Fourteenth

"One jjajangmyun please Ajusshi," you made an order of the black noodles with the owner of the local restaurant near your workplace, which you often visit.

"Why, young miss, you don't have a boyfriend? What a shame for a pretty young lady like you." The ajusshi smiled pitifully at the lone girl in front of him.

Does everyone have to assume that I am out mourning my single life on April the 14th? You thought. 

Although it was true that you are single, you simply enjoy a bowl of jjajangmyun after work but everyone seems to think otherwise everytime. Such assumption was getting redundant because you were enjoying your single life. Compared to being in an emotional mess like how your friends usually go through when in a relationship, taking the time to take care of yourself and finding the value in yourself was much more important for you at the moment

Sure sometimes you felt lonely but you worked it out. With the busy job that you have, you got to meet many stars and people in your daily life anyway. You have enough social interaction for a decade.

However because you always have your head drown in your work, you never seem to realize that there was a particular colleague that had been giving you secret glances whenever you two meet. 

"Hey Kyung Jin, anyeong!" A familiar voice called you causing you to look up towards the entrance of the currently quiet restaurant. 

"Oh Jongdae, anyeong." Your face lifted into a bright smile when your eyes caught those of the voice's owner. 

"I knew I would be able to find you here." He sat down opposite of you. He was wearing a black snapback and a pair of shades even though it was almost midnight. You felt sympathetic towards him and other stars you work with because you had seen how difficult for them to live a normal life. But you also felt proud of them tbecause they work until their bodies run out of sweat for something they are passionate about. Especially Jongdae, you had seen him ever since his pre-debut time, he is one of the most hardworking stars you've ever met and you admire him for that. 

"Oh, you were looking for me? Did you need something for your upcoming performance?" As one of EXO's fashion coordinators, it was in your instinct to first ask about his concerns regarding his costume. 

"Oh no. I- uh, just- you know, uh- craving for a jjajangmyun too." Your curiosity increased as Jongdae began to stutter because he's one of the most well-spoken members in EXO. So he was not one to lose confidence and to not know what to say easily.

"Oh okay, well, let me order for you." You started calling for the same ajusshi and ordered for him.

"Why why, if two single people, a man and a woman are mourning for their single life, why don't they just get together, hmm?" The owner proclaimed once more since it was Black Day in South Korea.

Suddenly, Jongdae choked on water he was drinking at the statement made by the owner. 

"Haha, here are some tissues. Don't mind him, he made the same comment to me when I ordered jjajangmyun earlier." You smiled and helped him wipe down some water on his clothes and reached out for his shades to clean them. Of course, your action didn't go unnoticed by him. Even though it was a normal action you always do for him and other EXO members because you were their coordi anyway, he couldn't help but feel flustered at your touch. If the other members were here, they would probably afterwards of how his ears would go bright red at your close presence. 

"Don't you think its annoying that everyone has to assume you're tired of single life just because you want a bowl of jjajangmyun?" You whined. 

"Um, it could be. But for me, it reminds me how much I want to be with the person I like and that I should get myself together and approach her soon before it's too late." Jongdae gathered himself and spoke out his mind while looking at you straight in the eyes.

You stared back at him. You smiled at his loving words. You thought that whoever was in his mind must be the luckiest girl to have a kind and thoughtful man thinking of her like that. "So why don't you then? What's stopping you?" 

"Nothing now. That's why I'm here." He said, confidence in his voice as he never break away his eye contact with you. And suddenly, his stares were becoming intimidating for you. It was so intense and meaningful. And you finally noticed it in his eyes, something you never suspected from him: admiration, adoration, care, and love. 

"I like you, Kyung Jin." He finally let you know after all these times watching you from afar. He finally found his voice and confidence to confess to you. "I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now. I really didn't come here for jjajangmyung. I came here fore you. I know this might be sudden and you might not feel the same way as me and that's okay. I just want to let you know how I feel about you. I just want to let you know that there's someone that would like the chance to get to know you better, if you allow him. And at the end, if you don't like me back, then I'll respect that. I won't bother you about it then."

He glanced away for a second, anxious of what your reaction may be. He came here sincerely and he just hope that you don't push him away. That was all he was asking for, because he couldn't help to stay away any longer. He wanted to be more than colleagues with you. He wanted to learn to fully love someone without thinking of oneself and he wanted that person to be you. 

"You don't have to answer me right now but please tell me you would give it a thought whether you would like to go out on a date with me sometimes." 

He grew self-conscious as you kept silent and you noticed it. But you couldn't find the words. This was totally shocking to you. You never noticed anything before. This is when you realized that your friend and colleage MinHee was right. Someone has been observing you. Minhee informed you awhile ago that you have an admirer at work and that you should try looking around to see who it was more. But you never bothered to or even to ask her who it was. And now you understand. He always bring you water and ask you if you were tired when it should be you who ask him that. There were little things he did for you and you noticed that now. What should I do?, you thought.

You looked at him in the eyes again and saw the sincerity in them. This could be wrong, this could be really awkward later on, you thought. But if he has shown this much tenderness and appreciation for her in this long while, the least she can do was to give him a chance.

So you decided, "Okay." You responded shortly but made his eyes glistened in excitement quickly.

"'Okay' to thinking about it?"

You urgently looked away hoping he didn't see your blushing face (which he did and thought it was cute) before you continued on to answer him.

 

 

 

You shook your head and said, "'Okay' to giving you a chance to take me out on a date sometimes." 

 

 


 

 

A/N: I really really really couldn't stop myself from starting this new fanfiction for Chen. But, it's Valentine's day and I have been so proud of Chen these past few days because of his talented voice and his stamina for back-to-back activities, so I wanted to write this for him. 

There should be lots of fluff and MAYBE a scene, i'm not sure yet. But I hope you stick around and/or subscribe. Anyway, thanks for giving this a read and happy valentine's everyone!