Fourteenth of May: Rose Day

the Fourteenth

"Kyung Jin, can you get this done too? When you finish with that set, i'll come get them." Minhee ordered.

"Yep, not a problem." You gave her a thumb up and continued to work on the set of clothes for EXO photoshoot. 

"Thanks so much Kyung Jin. I would never get this done without you." She half hugged you before passing over your coffee. "Call me if you need anything kay?"

"Kay got it. Don't pamper me so much. Go already, team leader will scold you soon if you don't get your bottom down there soon."

"Fine, mother." She stuck out her tongue at you and left the room.

Your full concentration went back to the pile of clothes in front of you. You labelled the clothes with each of EXO's member name before hanging them up. When the name 'Chen' appeared, you smiled softly to the thought of Jongdae. 

Because of their tight schedule, both of you haven't been able to go out on that date yet. But you were very thankful that you work in the same place so you could still see him from time to time during the week. You either run into him or he would come visit you in stylist area of the building since your location never change while his changes often: practise room, recording room, vocal lesson classroom, the gym or even out to his schedule. Nonetheless, you two kept in contact with the short messages or small talks through the phone. Even with those little moments, you were glad you got to know him a little better and you were starting to see him more than just a colleague. But it is still too early to conclude anything. 

You were lost in your thoughts and didn't notice the sound of the door opening until a beautiful rose appeared in front of you. 

You were surprised at the sudden strong presence behind your back. But you didn't have to turn around to see who it was.

"Hi," you whispered quietly. "That's a beautiful rose."

"It's for you." Jongdae spoke softly behind your right ear. Although you could tell he wasn't up close to your face but the slight touch of his breath made you shiver. 

You finally turned around to look at him and gave him a gentle smile. "Thank you" You took the rose from him to admire closely. "You didn't have to."

"I want to." He placed his now empty right hand into his pants' pocket. " Happy Rose Day." 

You chuckled. "I didn't know you're the type to follow these holidays." 

He used his right hand, folded into a fist, to cover his mouth and laughed. "I didn't think so either. But I saw them selling it this morning and I thought of you. So I couldn't resist" His face flushed with his hand switched to rub his neck.

"But I don't have one for you." You slightly pout while looking down to the rose in your hand. 

At the (cute) sight, he took his hand and lifted your chin up to look at him. 

"Go out with me tonight." 

"Tonight? You have no schedule?" Your eyes widended at the possibility. It would be a lie if you said you were not looking forward to it. 

"Mm." He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "Well, actually I do, but it ends around 9pm. Would you still be up for it then? I know it's been a long day for you too."

"Ah, that's fine. I'll wait for you until then. Where are we going?" You tried to contain your nervousness down as much as possible. You didn't know if it was because you haven't dated in a long time or because it's him that is making you so nervous. 

"Should we just go walk around the Han River?" He looked pass her to think of other ideas. "Then we can eat something near there. I heard the flowers are blooming nicely too. If i'm correct, I remember you don't like something too fancy right?"

You nodded to the idea and felt the jittery in your stomach. He remembers, you thought. It was true, you are not the type of girls that prefer luxurious dates. Simple and comfortable is the way to go. 

"Then, I'll call you when I'm done my schedule?" 

You nodded again to answer him. 

"You're not very talkative today." He chuckled. 

"'Cuz you're incredibly close." You muttered to yourself. But obviously, because you two were so close, that did not go out without him hearing.

"What, like this?" He said and stepped closer almost making you bend over the table. He grinned at your fluster face. 

"Haha, I'll see you tonight Kyung Jin." He backed off and touched your cheek softly. 

"Okay, I'll wait for you." You sighed in relief but sad, that he started moving backwards towards the door. 

"Yes, wait for me." 

With that, he gave you a smile and a wave before he walked out the door.

You watched after the door before looking the rose again and noticed a small writing on one of the rose's petals.

 

 

Please take good care of me. 

- Jongdae