Tainted Souls

Guns and Roses

Like any other normal morning, the sun rose up in the sky radiating its ray to indicate that a new day had arrived. The morning ray danced through different windows in the city, shining so brightly to alarm the citizens to wake up from their deep sleep. Some shone in through a bedroom belonged to a teenager who was unaware that he was late for school. The others shone through skyscrapers to brighten up the day of those workers inside the building who were bustling around resembling an army of ants. However, there was a particular ray which had shined the brightest among all. It pierced through the glass and started to warm the face of a sleeping woman.

                       She let out a soft moan when she could feel the ray on her skin and tried to move to her other side to feel more comfortable but a clanking sound was produced due to her movement. Her eyes opened in one thin line as she sat up straight to find herself not sleeping in her own bed at home. Bottles of liquors surrounded her and when she did turn around, she saw a few males sleeping on the sofa with females in their arms.

                       Another person was sleeping by her side and this time she recognized the man. He had tried to flirt with her last night during the party, but, she was too busy downing herself in liquors. Free was easy to get with a curvaceous body like hers but free liquors had more worth as it was harder to find them. She stood up wobbly and met her reflection on the mirror. “Kim Hyuna, you look like ,” she whispered to herself.

                       With her smudged eyeliner, messy cropped-above the shoulder blonde hair, Hyuna walked in a drunkard manner towards the kitchen. The place which was once adorned beauteously for the party had turned into garbage overnight. Whoever hosted this party yesterday would have a hell lot of s to do to straighten back the house. Hyuna mindlessly opened the fridge and took out a can of beer. Before heading out, she snatched her clutch and left without turning back. By the judge of the headache she was facing, Hyuna knew she had drunk more than she usually did yesterday. She just shook her head and said, “Let’s go home.”

                       Despite the headache and her staggering, Hyuna had managed to wobble out of the apartment and walked into the busy street outside. The air felt fresher with no smell of alcohol. Hyuna’s eyes were squinted, unable to adjust to the bright sunlight but took the effort to move her hand and put the opening of the can of beer against her lips. She took a sip of the alcohol and hissed in satisfaction receiving look of disapproving from a passerby.  Hyuna stumbled at each step, mumbling incoherent words to whoever she bumped into- she was in a wreck.

                       A sensation crept up from the pit of her stomach, rising up towards the wall of her stomach, spreading throughout her body, flaming her oesophagus as she had no will to withstand it any longer. Nausea took over and she hunched forward to vomit. Looks of disgust were thrown at her by the people nearby. For years, she had been receiving that same look. People would watch her as if she was some wild beast and whispered judging comments about her among themselves. 

                       They know nothing! Have they ever gone through the life she had been living in? They look at each other, giving out comments without knowing the real truth. They wore those masks to hide their sinful self. The things they had done were far worse than hers but they were too conceited to realize that they had been living a fake life. Criminals roam around the city without care, ‘friends’ backstabbed each other, family bickers because of money and the sick world goes on. Nothing would ever change even though she lay dead 7-inch below the ground. Nothing will change!

                       Hyuna wiped with the back of her palm and took the last gulp of beer before tossing it away. She snickered when she saw two women, probably the same age as hers passed by. One was wearing a green dress while the other had on floral-themed dress. She recognized the two of them as they were staying a floor above her unit at the apartment she was currently living in. The one in green was unaware that her housemate was ing her own boyfriend. “Never trust another ,” Hyuna shook her head.

                       At that time, a building emerged in her sight as it stood stall before her. Its presence was almost mocking Hyuna as she stumbled to a halt, looking up the building with her eyes half-opened. This place was her home. She got on the lift as it brought her to the floor where her place was situated at. She stared blankly at the door of the lift as it slide opened, revealing her the 10th floor.

                       Unit 501 was her place. She fumbled around in her clutch, searching for key to open the door. However, before she could even insert the key, the door flung opened and two girls dressed in skimpy clothes were scampering out of the house. “Hyunseung,” a sigh escaped and watched the girls ran away with fear written all over their faces. She walked into the house lazily and threw her killer-heels to the side.

                       Walking bare-foot towards the bedroom, she could see that the door of the room was also wide opened. Jang Hyunseung, her boyfriend of 7 years must have waked up from his sleep. The two girls she previously saw was the evidence. Another sigh emerged before she stepped into the bedroom to only meet the gaze of her half- boyfriend. “You’re home,” Hyunseung stated almost dryly.

                       Hyuna did not even bother opening to answer instead, just grunted. She swiftly took off her clothes, leaving only her black bra and matching . Hyunseung’s eyes followed her movement as he watched her entered the bathroom to clean up. Their relationship was not always like this. He used to be a loving and loyal boyfriend but his attitude changed after 4 years during their relationship. Hyunseung grew possessive as he treated Hyuna as only one of his trophies. She was allowed to party till dawn breaks while he was given the chance to sleep with any woman he wants to.

                       What kind of relationship was that?

                       They wished they know how to answer.

                       “Good morning,” Hyunseung came into bathroom and wrapped his hand around Hyuna’s body from the back. Nestling in her neck, Hyunseung took a long whiff of her scent. It was always the same fruit-scented shampoo and he had never complained since it was a turn on for him. He started kissing Hyuna on the neck, sending her signals to comply with his needs but Hyuna stood motionless, staring at the reflection of themselves.

                       “Why did you chase those girls out?” Hyuna asked in a dull tone, moving to the side slightly to give way for Hyunseung to kiss her neck.

                       “They weren’t you,” Hyunseung whispered in her ears, her earlobe.

                       The half- couple stayed silence in the bathroom with Hyuna staring at the mirror to look at Hyunseung who was still on her neck. “Then why did you them yesterday?” she asked more, her heart racing all of a sudden. It had been a while since she had asked Hyunseung these much of questions. The last time she did so, the situation turned ugly and she was forced to roam around in the middle of a cold winter night since Hyunseung had forbid her from staying at the apartment.

                       “I had to,” Hyunseung mumbled a reply, “I’m saving the best for the last,” he smirked, implying that Hyuna was the best.

                       She turned around and their lips locked. A fight of dominance of the kiss broke but it ended far too early as Hyuna did not have the will to continue on. She let Hyunseung’s tongue slide over hers, biting her lips but there was no longer a sensation. Clinging onto his body and grabbing a fistful of his hair, Hyuna hoped for the sparks the two of them used to have to come back.

                       At that time, Hyunseung had lifted Hyuna as she wrapped her legs around his waist and was carried towards their bed. “I love you,” Hyunseung stated but Hyuna could not believe it. Why must he only say those words when only at times he needed her to fulfil his ual needs? Why can’t his words be more sincere? The purpose for the two of them to cling onto this relationship was only because they had to survive. Without her, Hyunseung’s life would feel empty and without him, Hyuna’s life would have no sense of direction.

                       Their love was not about having fireworks each time they kiss or having shivers running down their spine when their gaze met but it was all about wanting to feel a sense of belonging. People may look down on their way of life but the two of them had stayed loyal to each other for a very long time that they could not imagine living without one another. It was complicated. Life itself was complicated. To hell everything!

                       “Stop,” Hyuna placed her hand on Hyunseung’s chest to stop him from kissing her.

                       “What? Why?” the boyfriend creased his forehead and leaned over to resume their previous act but Hyuna stopped her again. “What the is wrong with you?” he screamed as he pushed Hyuna aside.

                       “Why is it that each time we see each other we have to have ?” Hyuna argued, “Can’t we just stay in bed and talk?”

                       “You know what?” Hyunseung stood up and had his fingers pointing at Hyuna, “I had a ty day yesterday. When I thought I could start the day with something good, you just have to ing ruin it!”

                       This time, it was Hyuna’s turned to get angry. “Are seriously mad at me because I didn’t let you me?” she shrieked, “Where did the loving Hyunseung go? The man whom I was in a relationship years ago had died and was replaced by this monster!” By now, Hyuna was flailing her arms around in frustration, tears rolled down her cheeks as she started to have a hard time talking. For years, she said nothing about Hyunseung’s transitions, thinking that it would just pass by and he would get better when their life was more stable. Today would be the first time she had ever fought back, letting out all the bottled up feelings she had inside of her.

                       “Forget about the money, forget about being rich,” Hyuna went closer to her boyfriend, “I just want you back. Stop selling all those drugs or whatsoever bulls you were doing and let’s start fresh alright?”

                       For a second, Hyunseung was temped. He loved this woman standing before him and had no idea when he started to change. Maybe life itself had changed him into this beast. Money had always been the issue. It was the ticket to survive in this world and without it, you would always stay at the bottom of the food chain and would be preyed at all times. That moment, he felt a gear being twisted in his head in an abrupt manner. He could not even adjust his body at the sudden change as his eyes suddenly turned blood-shot red due to his flared up anger. Hyunseung grabbed his hair, ruffling them violently and then stared at Hyuna. “We need the ing money so I need to sell those bulls!”

                       “Hyun-” Hyuna was about to say but a slap landed on her cheeks. With trembling hands, she reached out to touch the throbbing spot. By now, her cheeks were soaked with tears. It was the first time ever he had did something so violent towards her and Hyuna was still in shocked. Words seemed to be stuck in as she hunched forward clutching her cheeks.

                       “You’re my toy and nothing would change that fact!” Hyunseung roared and threw the bed-side lamp towards the wall. The sound of glass crashing and its bits and pieces fell on the floor resonated throughout the apartment. Hyuna huddled into a small ball at the corner of the room, scared of Hyunseung’s next actions. Hyunseung threw the pillows, smashed the mirrors and tossed the chairs aside. There were too many things running through his mind at that very moment that her could not even stop himself to think.

                       Soon, his hand caught a vase. It was a white vase with an irregular shape- the first item that they have ever bought when they managed to collect some money to have a proper home and not live in some shabby basement rooms. Hyunseung’s breathing was rough, the pupil of his eyes dilated and the vase was still in his hands. Memories of the past came and go causing him to pause in the middle of the room.

                       There was nothing she could do. Hyuna watched her boyfriend in horror as she sobbed by the side silently. She saw him grabbing the white vase and stopping in mid-air as he had on his blank-face. Hyunseung was back. The real Hyunseung had come back momentarily. “Oppa,” Hyuna whispered loud enough for Hyunseung to hear. Hyunseung slowly put down the vase and looked at Hyuna.

                       “I’m sorry babe,” he said in a shaky voice, “I just couldn’t stop.”

                       Hyuna did not say a word. She just stared at Hyunseung.

                       “Babe,” Hyunseung came forward.

                       “Ge- Ge- Get out!” Hyuna stood up, “I’m just too scared right now. Get out!” she screamed and rubbed her face.

                       Before the monster within him comes back, Hyunseung his heels and dashed out of the place. If he stayed any longer, the situation would worsen and Hyuna could burst too. He needed to go. He had to!

 

                       Hyuna looked around the messy room that was torn down by her lover. She could not believe her eyes. Hyunseung’s rage had become from bad to worst over the years and she was getting more and more scared. Can they still cling onto their thinning love? Or maybe love had already left their relationship long time ago? She slide down on the ground and shook her head. “I need to get out of here,” she said.

                However, when Hyuna was about to stand up to get her things, a hand had cupped over mouth. She struggled to escape but the captor was too strong. She could feel fresh tears escaping her tear ducts. Is it time for her to leave world once and for all? Soon, her fragile body limped as she was forced to fall into the swirl of darkness. 


Author's note:

Hello my readers^_^ This is the end of chapter 1:) How did you find it? Good, bad or just plain boring? You might find it boring but this is the introduction, so, it might bore you=/ Well, I hope you enjoyed it and leave some comments below. I would try my best to give you guys an interesting story and would update soon! Bye-yeom:D