Prologue

Guns and Roses

Honks produced by the container ships from a distant were heard. The sight of the ships were almost burdensome while they manoeuvred on the water slowly, bringing large containers on their backs. The view was no different than watching an old man trembling while crossing the road, face full of wrinkles of despair and his backs hunched due to the burden called life. A few more honks were produced- deep and almost longing.

                The emergence of twilight dimmed the place and that was the cue for the workers at the container terminal to go home. While the workers had ended their chapter of life for the day, some was still holding onto their pen, waiting to start a chapter of their own. “Let me see the prize first,” said Jang Hyunseung, with his back leaning against his black with orange striped vintage mustang. His faded denim jacket flapped along with the rough breeze as he stared at the man in before him.

                “We want to see the goods first,” the man spoke out.

                “That’s not how it works boys,” Hyunseung clucked his tongue and stood up straight. The surrounding at the container terminal was getting chillier but it was not a problem for him. He had gone through a pretty screwed up life, a little breeze was impossible to waver his stance.

                With a grunt, the man looked at his friend and gave him a signal. He took out two briefcases full with money and presented it to Hyunseung. “Now, I want the goods,” the man looked at Hyunseung.

As promised, Hyunseung tossed the goods to the man and smirked, “Nice business with you man.” Before he walked away, he turned around to look at the man he had a struck a business with to say, “If you need more of those, you know where to find me.”

However, the response of his customers baffled him, “If you ever stay alive.” That was when Hyunseung realized that there were other men in black suits running towards him. “Next if you want to do business, make sure you’re doing it at your own shop and not hop into other people’s shop to only ruin their business,” the customer gave an identical smirk which Hyunseung previously had on.

Hyunseung was in deep trouble, he knew it. For a few months, he had been selling illegal things on someone else’s territory. The specific territory which belonged to the fiercest gang in Seoul called ‘The Red Dragon’ and was lead by a callous man widely known as Kim Seungsoo. No one dared to touch them. “,” Hyunseung muttered and scrambled into his car along with his money.

In a hurried manner, the male stepped onto the gas pedal as the vintage car screeched to a start and whipped past through the men in black who were after Hyunseung. A hot chase between Seungsoo’s men and Hyunseung took place while the one who was being chased could not deny the hard beating of his heart against his ribcage. Hyunseung steered the wheels in high-alert. The pupil of his eyes darted from left to right, searching for the perfect escape plan.

In the midst of the chaos, he had espied on a familiar looking alley. A grin resurfaced on his handsome face and a memory rushed back to him. “I’m not going down easily boys,” Hyunseung let out a sick laugh and did a fake turn to the right. When he saw that the chasers had fallen for his trap, he slammed his foot on the gas pedal as hard as he could, reversing the car and then disappearing into the dark alley while the chasers who had made the right turn could not undo their mistake and let Hyunseung flee. 

 

Kim Seungsoo, the leader of the ‘Red Dragon’ was seated at the VIP lounge in his own night club. Smokes filled in the air due to his cigarette, forming small clouds here and there. He had just received the news from one of his men him that Hyunseung had escaped. This was not the fist that young male had caused him a headache. However, Seungsoo kept composed.

Truth was, Seungsoo had come up with a plan. A sick plan which would cost lives to be put on the line. A plan which could put his headache to a rest. At that time, a figure shadowed over him and walked into the lounge like a ghost. “You’re here,” Seungsoo said, legs crossed and fingers still holding onto the lighted cigarette.

Bang Yongguk was one of Seungsoo’s bouncer and also his finest killers. Only in a black shirt clinging onto his well-built body and a pair of black pants, Yongguk stood in front of Seungsoo with his head bowed. “You had summoned for me, sir?” his deep voice vibrating from the back of his throat.

“Clean this mess will you?” Seungsoo stated simply.

“Yes, I will,” Yongguk gave Seungsoo a perfect bow with his body bent into a ninety degree angle and then walked away silently.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hi there^_^ LovinBlack here:)

So, that was the prologue for this story. At first, I was not planning to update today but... Yeah, things happened and here we are! Leave a comment about your opinion^^ Constructive critism is very much welcomed!