Let the wheel spin

Rookies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is this a routine procedure or something?”  Woohyun whispers to Sunggyu next to him, eyeing the gun held in Sunggyu’s hands in front of them.

“Think of it as training.  It’ll be over in a few minutes, don’t worry,” Sunggyu whispers back, assuring Woohyun that the situation they’re in should be considered normal.  Absolutely normal.

That is, being stuffed under a desk, on your knees and crammed in body next to your partner who’s adamant that he needs to shoot whoever walks in—then yes, it’s absolutely normal.

Woohyun wasn’t sure how exactly it happened, but he had just delivered Jung his donuts before the elder snickered, telling him to get ready for a “fire drill.” He thought it was odd to be having a fire drill at six-something in the morning, but he just shrugged it off absent mindedly.  Then he was telling Sunggyu in their shared office how weird it is for them to be having a fire drill so early, and the next thing he knows he was yanked under the desk, the lights going off, and a siren hollering in the building.

In hindsight, it all made sense to Woohyun now. 

“So this is like training for an intruder attack right?”  He huffs, annoyed at the slow shift of gears in his mind. 

“What else do you think he meant by fire drill?  A little walk outside for the morning breeze?”

Woohyun grunts back, blaming the early morning for his slow functioning.  He’s about to sigh again when the lights flicker back on, Sunggyu sighing next to him.

“It’s over.  Come on, we’ve got plenty of work today,” he says, slithering on his elbows from under the desk.

“Crooked old Jung and his crooked words,” Woohyun mutters, emerging from the under the desk and slapping the dust off his thighs and legs.

Sunggyu slaps his chest with a thick stack of sheets.

“What’s this?”

“My notes for where we’re going today.  Sit at your desk and scan them over before Jung comes to pick us up.”

“Okay…” Woohyun trails off, taking the stack and dropping his body in his creaking chair. 

Their desks were facing each other, practically glued togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter