Complications

Beautiful Disaster

"This better be good if I had to come in the middle of my date with Yoojung for this," Chanyeol complained as he plopped himself down on the couch next to Baekhyun and Yixing who clearly enjoyed their day not having to be in school and all.

"It's not a date if she invited all three of us," Jongdae kindly reminded him with a smirk and took a seat on the other side of Baekhyun and Yixing.

Sehun patted Chanyeol's back reassuringly before continuing, "Besides, we all know that I'm the one she wants to get to. You're too clingy, hyung."

Chanyeol scowled at the two who were ganging up on him, but before he could say anything else Suho and Kris entered the room.

"So do you want the good news first or the bad news first?" Suho asked.

The boys unanimously muttered "bad news".

"The bad news is that some of us think we're being watched."

"What, already?" Baekhyun asked in disbelief.

"Apparently," Suho said, wearing a grim expression on his face.

"Damn. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel happy for being so desirable or worried that they found us this quickly," Baekhyun joked only to earn a glare from Kyungsoo.

"Who's felt watched so far?" Yixing asked.

Tao, Luhan, and Minseok each rose their hands. 

"And we all know that especially Tao's intuition is almost always right," Kris added.

"What does he look like? Is it one person following us or several?" Jongin inquired further.

"Well, he's not dressed in the typical all black with sunglasses and cap pushed all the way down. That's for sure," Luhan stated.

"Yeah, he's dressed very casually. He always wears a snapback though," Tao agreed.

"And seeing as how we're all describing the same person, it seems to be just one person who's watching us," Minseok concluded.

"I almost didn't catch him at first because he just seemed so average," Tao admitted, "but I just kept seeing him around throughout the day, and he didn't particularly seem to be hiding."

"Same," Luhan and Minseok nodded in agreement.

"Well we just called you here to tell you to keep an eye out and be cautious," Suho continued, "That's all. You're free to go!"

As the boys got off their seats to go back to their days, Chanyeol asked, "So what was the good news?"

"The good news is that we know we're being watched instead of being oblivious," Kris smirked while the rest of the boys groaned at the lack of good news.

--------------------

Yoojung drank her red bean bubble tea as she took her usual walk around the park with far too many thoughts running through her head. 

What are the odds that six people who move into town all know each other, and how are all six of them attractive? Now that was an anomaly in itself.

With these thoughts in the back of her head, she sipped her bubble tea in hopes of getting a lot of the tapioca pearls on the bottom, which was her favorite part of the drink. Much to her a delight, she saw a string of tapioca pearls make their way up her straw. Now that she thought about it, how were Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Sehun in every single one of her classes? Not that she minded their company, in fact she loved it, but it was an odd coincidence.

What she was most curious about, however, was how in the world their friend Jongin had appeared out of nowhere. She could have sworn she hadn't heard footsteps, but then again she had been quite busy chatting away with Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Sehun so it was possible that she didn't notice.

Still, what had the loud sound been? Was it Jongin? Why was he standing so close to her when she turned around? Surely, it wasn't necessary for him to stand so close?

Yoojung sighed at the confusing influx of thoughts. She took out her phone deciding to just turn up her music and attempted to sing along in her head. She slightly sulked as she threw away her bubble tea having finished it and decided to leave her thoughts for another day.

--------------------

"Who were those very handsome guys you were with yesterday?" Hyemi asked with an eager look in her eyes that Yoojung didn't even have to look at to know.

She laughed brightly at her friend's reaction, "They're just some guys I bumped into at the park the other day [quite literally]."

"Just some guys you bumped into at the park?" Hyemi repeated.

"Yeah!" Yoojung replied nonchalantly while walking a little faster noticing the time.

"Why were they hanging out with only you all day at school yesterday if they were 'just some guys you bumped into'?" Hyemi said excitedly, hoping to get some gossip and juicy details out of her.

"I don't know," Yoojung shrugged, "probably because they didn't know anyone?"

Hyemi groaned frustratedly seeing that this conversation wasn't going anywhere.

"Speaking of the boys, you're going to introduce them to me today, right?" Hyemi asked.

"Of course!" Yoojung replied, "In fact, here they come now!"

Sure enough, Jongdae, Chanyeol, and Sehun made their way towards Yoojung making several girls swoon at their handsomeness along the way.

"Hey Yoojung!" Jongdae and Chanyeol said with warm smiles coming to a stop in front of Yoojung and Hyemi.

"Hey, pretty," Sehun smirked, earning a jab from Chanyeol.

"Hey guys!" Yoojung faked a gag and warned, "Try saying that one more time, Oh Sehun."

"What? Pretty?" Sehun smirked even more if that was possible, "And don't call me by my full name. It's weird."

Pft, two can play at this game.

"Oops I'm sorry, Oh Sehun," Yoojung smiled sweetly, feigning innocence.

Sehun frowned and attempted to lightly shove her head to the side, but Yoojung successfully ducked.

"This is my best friend Hyemi by the way!" Yoojung introduced her friend who had been awkwardly standing by the side.

"Hey Hyemi! I'm Jongdae. It's nice to meet you."

"Hey, I'm Chanyeol!"

"Nice to meet you both! Welcome to Haesun High," Hyemi beamed, eagerly taking in all of the attractiveness in front of her.

"And I'm Sehun. Wow," Sehun jokingly flirted, "I didn't know you had such a pretty friend, Yoojung."

"Well now you know," Yoojung replied plainly.

"It's very nice to meet you," Sehun said turning his attention to Hyemi.

Joining forces to tease Yoojung, Hyemi laughed, "It's very nice to meet you too, Sehun!"

Yoojung scoffed sarcastically, "What, have you moved on from me that quickly?"

"Of course not. Why? Are you jealous, babe?" 

"Pft, as if. You wish, Oh Sehun. Anyways, how was your time with Jongin's relatives?"

Chanyeol gave a troubled glance to Jongdae who smoothly lied, "It was great! Jongin's relatives are always a pleasure to be around. Sorry we had to cancel on you last minute!"

Jongdae hated lying to people, but he often found himself in positions where it could not be avoided.

Before the boys had more time to feel bad, Yoojung gasped, "We're almost late for class. Hurry up, guys!" and dashed off by herself to class, not bothering to glance back to see if the rest of them were coming.

"Try-hard," Sehun muttered.

"Come on," Jongdae gestured to the boys and Hyemi, "Wouldn't want to be late on only our second day of school now, would we?"

--------------------

"And then Mr. Yoo said..."

The boys had accompanied Yoojung on her after school routine to make up for not being able to the previous day. Hyemi had to skip out because her after school activities were always too packed for her to join. As Yoojung excitedly told a funny story, Sehun silently nudged Jongdae and gestured to a particular man in a snapback who appeared to be sitting on a bench in the distance talking on his phone. 

Sehun whispered, "He keeps glancing our way, and I'm sure it's him."

Jongdae replied, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. The weird part is, I've been listening to his phone conversations and half the time he isn't saying anything. When he does finally say something, it doesn't make any sense," Sehun added.

At that moment, the man stood up and started walking the sidewalk in their direction. Yoojung was still telling her story, but at this point she was laughing too hard by herself at the story she was about to tell to actually finish it. The boys laughed along and Sehun inconspicuously clued Chanyeol in on the situation. The man was coming closer and closer. He appeared to be off his phone now and just texting. The boys became alert as the man came even closer, unsure of his intentions in approaching them.

Before they could pull her out of the way, 'Oof,' the man had accidentally bumped Yoojung because he was so pre-occupied by his phone.

The boys tensed immediately, caught off guard by this direct approach. Yoojung rubbed her arm as it was a rather strong bump.

"Woah, watch where you're going," Sehun said with a low voice, while pulling Yoojung out of the way.

"Sehun," Yoojung whispered, "why are you being so rude? It was just an accident."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into your girlfriend here," the man said with an innocent pretense. Yoojung didn't catch the undertone in his words and voice.

"It's really fine, and I'm not his..." Yoojung started before Sehun interrupted with, "Yeah, I'd appreciate if you were more careful."

Yoojung glared at Sehun for being so rude and glanced at Jongdae and Chanyeol for help. Strangely, the both of them wore not-so-bright expressions on their faces as well.

Yoojung apologized on Sehun's behalf and smiled, "Sorry about that. He's just in a bit of a bad mood today. It's really fine!"

After the man bowed, secretly smirked to the boys, and left, Yoojung ranted, "What the hell was that for? Geez, he bumped into me, Sehun. It's not like he punched me or something. No need to overreact."

Always the one to have to smooth things over, Jongdae laughed, "He does that all the time. Sehun was just joking, right? Hahaha...." and nudged Sehun.

"Haha yeah, I was just messing with him," Sehun replied managing a stiff laugh in an attempt to cover his suspicious actions from earlier.

Jongdae high-fived Sehun as if to say it was a good prank.

"Well I'm not amused," Yoojung muttered, now convinced that it was truly a prank, "I don't like pranks at the expense of others."

"So about that story with Mr. Yoo that you were telling us about? You never got to finish," Chanyeol said, attempting to bring up the mood again.

"Oh right, so basically...." Yoojung continued while the boys made sure to laugh along in all of the appropriate places.

Well this complicates things, the boys glanced at each other uneasily.

 


{A/N} Hello to all of my lovely readers! Wow, I'm so thankful for you all to choose to stick to this story and for not abandonning me despite my infrequent updates. I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot what the story was about T__T Things are getting off to a slow start I know, but I can't wait until we see EXO in full action! I have many things in store, so thank you for all of your support, upvotes, and lovely comments! What do you think so far? xoxo -- JS