Back in Town

Beautiful Disaster

"Mmm...smells like home," Sehun said with his arms spread apart as he inhaled deeply. 

"Stop being dramatic, maknae," Baekhyun joked as he hit the back of Sehun's head a little too hard.

"Ow, hyung. Was that really necessary?" Sehun rubbed the back of his head with an angry pout.

"Nah," Baekhyun replied looking apologetic for a moment before continuing, "But it was fun."

"Cut it out, guys. You're making a scene, and it's ruining my style," Kris complained as he put on a pair of dark sunglasses and Tao followed suit.

"Really, Kris?" Suho chuckled, "We're indoors. It's not like you're some sort of celebrity."

"Maybe not, but could have fooled them otherwise." Kris smiled, gesturing towards the passerbys who couldn't help but sneak a glance as they walked by.

"I mean, what's not to look at?" Chanyeol beamed, clearly enjoying the attention.

"You," Jongdae interrupted playfully.

"You're one to talk..." Chanyeol muttered.

"Let's split up for now and meet at the usual place at 7pm to celebrate," Kris suggested.

"Celebrate what?" Kai asked.

"EXO's back in town," Kris smirked. 

--------------------

Riinngg. The bell signified the end of another monotonous school day. With a sigh, Yoojung gathered her belongings, put in her earphones, and happily left her classroom. Yoojung wasn't what people would call a 'try-hard', but she did well enough in school to maintain A's and her top ten ranking. She got along well with her teachers and peers, but school wasn't exactly the number one place she wanted to be. 

Yoojung had a set after school routine that she had gotten in the habit of following every day. It usually started off with a visit to her favorite bubble tea cafè -- Boba Island. 

"Hello ahjumma!" Yoojung greeted brightly as she took her typical seat at the counter. 

"Ah, my favorite customer! The usual for you I presume?" the ahjumma replied while making another customer's drink. 

"Actually, I'm in the mood for something new today. Can I try the taro flavored bubble tea?"

"Of course, sweetie. Coming right up!"

Yoojung continued to occupy herself with her phone as she was in the middle of an intense game of Tetris and eagerly waited for her drink. 

"Wow. A hundred years later, Boba Island has yet to fail to impress me. I wonder how they do it."

Intrigued upon hearing this comment, Yoojung turned her attention left where there sitting was a handsome, young, man with a particularly well-defined jawline.

Sehun, noticing her gaze, quickly added, "I mean to say that even if I were to come back in a hundred years, I'm sure they would still be the best bubble tea cafè around," hoping she didn't notice. 

Woah, Yoojung thought, he's attractive. I don't even remember the last time I saw an attractive guy in town.

"Here's your drink!"

Yoojung's thoughts were interrupted by the ahjumma placing her drink on the counter. She paid for her drink, grabbed it off the counter, and cheerfully yelled, "Thank you! See you tomorrow," as she made her way out the door. 

Her next stop was a large park halfway between her home and school. As a way to cool off after a long day, Yoojung enjoyed walking around the park with her bubble tea in hand and earphones in her ears. She appreciated the solitude. It did not necessarily mean that she was anti-social, but she liked to call herself an introverted extrovert. She was an extrovert in that she was very much social and was the life of the party amongst her friends, but if you paid close attention, she rarely shared about herself and would much rather prefer to be in a small crowd or alone.

During her daily visits to the park, she had silently made acquaintances with the other park frequenters. She bowed hello to the elderly couple who always smiled her way as she continued to walk. She glanced down at her phone to change the song to accompany the nice, fall weather that particular day. Finally picking a song she liked, Yoojung looked up only to bump into someone's back. Surprised, she halted and the said person was pulled away by his two friends who were accompanying him.

"Sorry," she said immediately at the same time the guys bowed and apologized on behalf of their friend who was still confused as to what happened. 

The tall male nudged the one who bumped into her and clued him in, "You bumped into her, Jongdae."

"Ah! Did I?" his eyes grew wide. He immediately turned to her and bowed repetitively saying, "I'm really sorry! I didn't see you there."

"You're fine," Yoojung laughed, "Besides, I shouldn't have walked while staring at my phone anyways."

"Still, I'm sorry," Jongdae insisted.

Cute. In fact all three of them are cute. This is just my day isn't it.

"Well nobody got hurt, so no worries!" Yoojung reassured.

"If you say so," Jongdae chuckled, "See you around!"

Jongdae's friends nodded at her in acknowledgement and flashed friendly smiles. 

"Yeah, see you," Yoojung smiled back at them before going on her way.

Aw they were so kind. Living proof that not all attractive guys are jerks

With happier and lighter footsteps, Yoojung made her way to her usual bench near the large fountain in the center of the park only to find that there was an unusual crowd surrounding it. She took her earphones out to see what the commotion was about. After some 'sorry's and 'excuse me's, she eventually made her way to the front of the crowd.

Sitting on her favorite bench was yet another attractive male with fluffy, light brown hair and an adorable dimple. He was wearing a dangerously low-cut, plain white v-neck with a thin sweater.

Seriously? Another attractive one? That's already the fifth one today...

He had his legs crossed as he lightly strummed his guitar and sang along beautifully in what seemed to be Chinese. Although Yoojung couldn't understand what he was singing about, she was somehow mesmerized by his sweet, soft voice that told a story in itself. She slowly let herself be immersed in the music as did the rest of the bystanders, although most of them were just captivated by the charming man.

"Zhang Yixing!" a group of voices called, interrupting the flow of the song.

Aish, I'm going to kill whoever ruined the song. I guess his name is Yixing.

Yoojung looked more closely in the direction of the voices to find that they were the group of boys who she had bumped into earlier and the boy from the bubble tea shop.

Do they know each other?

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" the tall one from earlier asked.

"I was just playing a bit of guitar." Yixing stopped playing and the crowd naturally dispersed.

Of course they know each other. All attractive people seemed to know other attractive people.

"You got yourself a bit of a crowd to gather there," the boy from the bubble tea shop said.

"Why didn't you invite me to sing with you?" Jongdae whined.

Yixing chuckled, "I didn't mean for things to get so big."

Yoojung realized that she was still standing there awkwardly when the crowd was already gone. She attempted to sneak away before getting noticed, but she was one step too late.

"Oh! It's you from before," Jongdae said, being the first to notice her, "Hyung, do you know her?"

"No," Yixing shook his head confused, "Ah, she must have had been a part of the crowd. How do you know her?"

"I accidentally bumped into her earlier," Jongdae said sheepishly.

"Ah, I see." Yixing turned his attention to you with a gentle smile, "Sorry about that. Jongdae over here can be a little oblivious to his surroundings."

"It's quite all right," Yoojung reassured again, "It really wasn't a big deal."

"Anyways, I'm Yixing, and this is Chanyeol and Baekhyun," Yixing said, gesturing to the taller male and shorter male respectively.

"We've already met, but I'm Jongdae, and this is Sehun," Jongdae introduced.

"Ah, I saw him earlier at the bubble tea shop! I'm Yoojung," Yoojung said.

"We're new in town, so we hope to see you around often!" Yixing said with a smile that showed off his dimple.

"Oh, you're new to town? Well, welcome! I'll show you around one day!" Yoojung smiled.

Aw...they seem nice.

"Actually," Chanyeol spoke for the first time, "We'll probably see you tomorrow because we're all enrolled at Haesun High School! You're a student, right?"

"We are?" Sehun muttered through a fake smile, side-eyeing Chanyeol. Chanyeol glanced helplessly back at Sehun.

"I mean...haha yeah, we are!" Jongdae interjected, trying to laugh it off.

"Yeah! I'm actually a senior there! What grade are all of you in?" Yoojung asked.

"What a coincidence," Baekhyun laughed nervously hitting Chanyeol's shoulder a little too hard, "because Chanyeol, Sehun, and Jongdae here are seniors too."

"Oh really? What about the rest of you?" Yoojung continued.

"We graduated last year," Yixing smoothed the conversation over.

"Ah, lucky," Yoojung said, looking forward until graduation.

"That means we're older than you, so you can call us oppa," Baekhyun winked, putting an arm around Yixing who merely laughed along.

"But we're olde-," Chanyeol cleared his throat and sighed, "I mean, we're not older than you."

"I thought that 'oppa' was only for people you were close with?" Yoojung joked, not noticing Chanyeol's slip-up.

Baekhyun feigned an adorable hurt expression.

"Just kidding," Yoojung said, sticking out her tongue teasingly.

"Aish," Chanyeol muttered to Sehun, "Baek's always one step ahead."

"No sympathy, hyung. You got yourself AND us into this," Sehun said with an annoyed glare.

"Ah, well I'm late for dinner with my dad. I'll see you guys tomorrow then and I guess I'll see the rest of you around town!" Yoojung said and ran off home before the boys could say otherwise.

"YAH PARK CHANYEOL," Jongdae yelled, putting Chanyeol in a headlock, "What did you do that for?"

"Yeah, hyung. Why drag us into this with you?" Sehun nagged, upset, "I've been done with school for a loooong time already."

"Sorry, guys," Chanyeol said sheepishly, "I wasn't exactly thinking."

"No , Sherlock," Jongdae muttered.

"Thanks for getting me out of that, man," Yixing high-fived Baekhyun as the two laughed at the fate of the other three.

"I'm the same age as Baek, but she's calling him oppa and not me," Chanyeol pouted.

"Your loss," Baekhyun said unsympathetically and rather teasingly.

"Alright guys, let's go to dinner. I'm sure the others are waiting," Yixing said, and all of them left the park bickering the rest of the way.

 


{A/N} There were so many different versions of this first chapter that I had to scrap, and this version is actually completely different from all the previous drafts. I couldn't fit all the members in the beginning, so I'll gradually be introducing them! I know my writing is still lacking in many ways, but I hope this first chapter is enough to hook you in and you choose to follow this story along! I can't promise frequent updates unfortunately, but thank you for reading this far. xoxo -- JS 

Also, I'm sure you've realized by now, but the italicized sentences are Yoojung's thoughts!

Oh, I almost forgot! Here's a bonus for making it to the end of the chapter and hopefully choosing to subscribe. I listened to it when I wrote the scene about LAY'S ANGELIC VOICE AND GUITAR PLAYING. This is a song Lay wrote & sang about his fans, and it's the sweetest thing ever. Click here for heaven ^^