Chapter 30 : Second Chance?

CAN'T ESCAPE

 

Yen woke up, opening her eyes and seeing a familiar ceiling. She realized she was on her old house, her dad’s house. After Seungri’s confrontation last night, she quickly went to the house and slept, feeling exhaustion all over her. She got up and went to the living room, then she heard noises coming from the kitchen, she went there.

 

Yen found her father cooking some breakfast. He smiled at her, yet it wasn’t a smile of full happiness. “Appa, sorry I didn’t tell you I’ll be..”

 

“It’s fine, come take a seat, I’m almost done cooking.” Yen’s dad said. She sat on one of the chairs and stared at the food.

 

“I haven’t called grandpa yet, he didn’t know I am here.” Yen said. Her grandpa believed she was at Seungri’s house, but not now, not since she knew what Seungri really was.

 

“I called him already, don’t worry, I told him you’ll stay here for two days.”

 

“For two days!?” Yen raised her tone. “Appa, I want to stay here for more than two days, for one month, for one year, for the rest of my life. I don’t want to go back there.” Just thinking of freedom, she knew she would be getting it here than at her grandfather’s.

 

“This is not your home, Yejin.” Her father gazed at her. He settled a plate with food in front of Yen.

 

“You’re giving me away, why? Am I a burden to you? Did you wish I wasn’t born? Did you wish you could bring back time and maybe you couldn’t have made out with my mom?” Yen’s anger was starting to boil again. It was early in the morning, and yet she couldn’t believe all the people surrounding her, for she thought, the persons who would be protecting her were the ones who were hurting her, and it hurt so bad. “I can’t believe you Appa.”

 

Yen stormed out of the kitchen, she went to her bedroom and grabbed some new clothes and took a shower. Right after showering, she went outside and checked at the Ramen House for Chorong. She wasn’t there yet. Yen decided to just stroll around the park, it was eight in the morning and only the people she was seeing were the one who used to jog at mornings. She sat on a bench and thought hard. At the edge of her eye she saw a figure walking slowly towards her.

 

Youngbae sat beside her, he was with a dog, he attached the leash to wherever possible at the bench. “How’s it going?”

 

Yen half-smiled, her mood somehow lightened up at the presence of Youngbae. “Not good, but not as worse as yesterday. You?”

 

“Same.” Youngbae smiled at Yen.

 

“Is this your dog?” Yen got up and bent down to where the dog was. She touched it gently, he wagged his tail. “What’s his name?”

 

“Boss.” Youngbae said, he stood from the bench and unhooked the leash. “Wanna take a walk?”

 

Yen nodded with a smile.

 

They strolled round the park. “Do you come here often?” Yen asked.

 

“Every morning, walking here relaxes me.” Youngbae said.

 

“Ohh,” – “By the way, how’s Doojoon? Any news? I didn’t see Cho.” Yen asked.

 

“He’s fine, he woke up at four in the morning, but he still has to stay in the hospital for observation, since it was his head that got hit. Cho has been paranoid, she was worried, what if Doojoon lost his memories?” Youngbae laughed shortly.

 

Yen grinned. “Cho really loves him.”

 

“And Doojoon too.” Youngbae added. They stopped walking near a coffee shop. “Want to have some coffee? My treat.”

 

They settled on one of the tables outside the coffee shop. Yen sipped on her glass of coffee. “It’s so peaceful here, it’s my first time.”

 

Youngbae smiled, craning his neck to look around the area, then back at Yen. “I hang out here with Hyunseung most of the mornings, it’s healthy to go back here at times.”

 

Yen stared at Youngbae for a while, thinking how an angel he was. If only Seungri was the same, but he wasn’t. Seungri was an evil, playboy, flirt, and a liar. She heard Youngbae’s phone rang, he excused himself and answered it.

 

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea, she’s with me right now and –“ Youngbae’s eyes sliced at Yen then he stood making it already hard for Yen to hear what he was saying. He went back after a few minutes, his bright face seemed to turn into one filled with worry.

 

“What happened? Who called?” Yen asked.

 

“He wants to pick you up, he’s on his way.” Youngbae said. Yen knew who he was talking to, Seungri. She hated him, she hated him for thinking he could order her around, manipulate her in his hands like as if he got every right to. “I told him to give you some more time, but he doesn’t want to. Do you want to see him?”

 

Yen heaved a sigh. “Do I have a choice?”

 

**

 

Yen and Youngbae was walking back to the Ramen House when they saw Seungri, leaning his back against his car. He got his hands in his pocket, and he straightened when he saw them approaching.

 

“Yenny,” Seungri spoke once Yen was near. “Let’s talk. I have to explain to you.”

 

Youngbae looked at Yen as if asking if he must stay with her. “It’s alright Youngbae Oppa,” Yen said. Youngbae nodded and left slowly. Yen turned back to Seungri. She breathed deeply. “Let’s hear that explanation then.” She raised her eyebrow then started walking passed him, Seungri followed.

 

“Yenny, I’m sorry.” Seungri started speaking, Yen was walking and he was trailing after her. She didn’t look back at him, she walked slowly. “Yenny,”

 

Yen stopped and turned to him. Her face, a mixture of anger, sadness and worry showed up to him. “She’s your girlfriend?” she crossed her arms.

 

You’re my girlfriend.” Seungri said firmly. “She’s my ex.”

 

“Really? The jewelry you gave her? Why’d she said you’re still meeting?” Yen interrogated. She thought it would be better to push her questions at once, it would show if Seungri was trying to build any form of lies. “How many girls are you still flirting? Do I really men something to you? Or are you doing this because you think it’s fun, and you just have to?”

 

Seungri closed his eyes as if holding whatever emotion he was starting to feel. Then he opened them, looking straight at Yen. “I love you Yenny, if it sounds like a lie to you then I’m sorry, but I’m not trying to play you, or hurt you, it would be the last thing I wanted to do now.” He sighed, tucked a few stray hairs on Yen’s ears. Yen shivered from the touch. She remained quiet, waiting for the remaining explanation. “I’ll admit, I’ve been bad, I’ve been playing with girls, I’ve been not serious about everything, not until I met you. I don’t know how or why it was you, but believe me, I am not the person I used to be. Right now, all I want to do was to love you, protect you.”

 

Yen averted Seungri’s gaze. She didn’t know if he was telling the truth, yet it all sounded real. “I, I don’t know..” she shook her head.

 

Seungri placed his hands over her shoulders. “Yenny, I’m willing to do anything to gain your trust back. Just let me, please.” Silence filled the air.

 

“Don’t make me regret this.” Yen looked up at him. Seungri’s lips curved into a smile. He hugged her tightly. Yen could feel tears pour down from her eyes, the past few days were like a disaster, and yet she realized it could all wipe away as long as she was with Seungri.

 

 “I won’t break your trust this time.” Seungri whispered. “Let’s go home.”

 

Yen pulled free from Seungri’s arms, narrowing her eyes at him, she said, “I won’t, I want to stay here. I miss everyone, can I stay? Please. And don’t think I’ll be easy on you, I still don’t forgive you, I’ll give you a chance to show me how sorry you are.”

 

“I’ll let you, but with a condition, don’t talk too much with Youngbae hyung.” Seungri said.

 

Yen stared at him like wishing he was kidding. “Youngbae oppa is a nice person, even nicier than you.” She turned her back at him and started walking back to the Ramen House when she made a halting step just near the parking area. Her eyes widened, and her body trembled with surprise and worry. Seungri was walking from behind her,and yet he stopped as well behind Yen.

 

“It’s good to know you’re here.” Yen’s grandfather stood just outside an SUV car. “We have to talk.”

 

**

 

Updated!^-^

 

@yenisvip12 ahaha well, seems like everything softened just a bit.. ^-^ Thanks for reading!

@sapphire1004 im glad you loved it!^-^ Thanks for reading!

@panda_jana I updated dear!^^ hope you’ll like it..:D Thanks for reading!

@Sweetsailish she did listen to his explanation.. kkk.. Thanks for reading!^-^

@bigbangdonut yes she did.. :3 kk.. don’t worry, Doojoon’s alright!^-^ Thanks for reading!

@fosierrs awts, don’t worry, Doojoon’s fine!^-^ Thanks for reading!

 

Thanks everyone for reading and subscribing, specially for leaving your comments!^^