When I keep thinking of you…

Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal had a long day. Everything seemed bleak. Exhausting. All she had wanted to do was to just go back to her apartment and snuggle beneath her blanket.

 

But she had a lot of matters to settle and not long had she just finished her task did her phone vibrate. She looked up the caller ID and pressed answer upon recognizing the caller.

 

“Unnie, what is it?”

 

“I’m sorry for calling at this time, Krys. But can you accompany me for dinner?”

 

Krystal checked her schedule before replying, “Sure, unnie. Where’d you want to dine?”

 

“Anywhere is fine. I’ll come by your office at seven?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Thanks, Krys. You don’t know how much this means to me…”

 

“See you, unnie. I have to go.”

 

“Okay, thanks again. See you.”

 

Krystal exhaled as she placed her phone on the table. She rubbed her face with her palm before leaning back into her chair. She might have been mad at Taeyeon, but she knew the older girl needed her help on this. They both feared for Sooyeon’s reaction once they divulge the news to the older Jung.

 

And then, there’s the issue of marriage at hand. Truly, the couple would be in deep trouble when their parents find out about the secret marriage. This would surely place them in a very tight situation. Somehow, Krystal felt sorry for them more than she would have hated them.

 

She was somehow done for the night. Stretching from her chair, she took a deep breath before leaning back in her chair, resting her eyes for a bit before she began gathering her stuff into her bag. Krystal speed walked towards the lift, bidding her passing office mates farewell as she made her way. She found herself at the lobby among the many people filing out of the building.

 

“Krystal!” Taeyeon’s voice rang through the hall, startling her for a moment.

 

A frown developed on her face once she came closer to the older woman. Taeyeon looked paler than usual. Taeyeon seemed to be out of it, not like when Krystal first met her that morning.

 

“Unnie, is there something wrong?” Krystal inquired. Something about Taeyeon now doesn’t seem right and Krystal had a bad feeling about it.

 

“Krys…” Taeyeon’s voice was shaky, “Let’s get in the car first.”

 

Krystal followed the older woman without question. They slid into the sedan which had been hired by Taeyeon’s company for her. An unsettling silence trapped them both in the confined space and Krystal felt herself shifting in discomfort for it.

 

The Jung maknae swallowed the lump in before she repeated her unanswered question, “Unnie, tell me. What’s wrong? You seem so out of it unlike a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter