We comforted each other saying everything is okay…

Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was tired when she got home from work that night. The weight of the day’s stresses had been taking their toll on her. She regretted having to juggle her personal matters with her job that time. Taeyeon had to skip lunch just to meet with those men and she had to settle for coffee and some bagels just to have something in her stomach. Her office had been hectic for her as well and as Taeyeon haphazardly slipped off her shoes and changed into her slippers, a breath of relief eased off her lips.

 

‘Finally, home.’

 

Taeyeon plopped on the couch, exhausted. She closed her eyes for a moment, tuning everything out as she relished in the comfort provided by home. She heard shuffling, gentle footsteps resounding from the kitchen before the sweet aroma of bibimbap and dukbokki invaded her sense of smell. Soft clatters of two plates were registered by her ears before she felt a body plopped beside her on the sofa.

 

Lips breathed life into Taeyeon as they planted a seed of fire onto her plump ones. Taeyeon responded to the kiss, her hands slithering around a petite waist, pulling the person to straddle her. Arms circled her neck as the kiss escalated to greater heights.

 

“Welcome home, Taengoo.” Jessica whispered when they pulled away. Taeyeon’s lips upturned before she leaned forward to peck her dear wife’s lips, their foreheads touching.

 

“I’m glad to be home.”

 

“And I missed you.”

 

“I miss you too, my Sooyeon.”

 

“You look tired. We should eat dinner before putting you to bed, dear.”

 

Taeyeon pouted at her wife, “Does my wife not want to play with me tonight?”

 

Jessica giggled, playfully pinching her wife’s nose before retorting, “You need rest, love. We’ll play when you’re well-rested.”

 

Taeyeon feigned being sad, before she grinned cheekily at her condition, “Fine. I’ll rest, but on the condition that we’ll be sleeping . I want to feel your warmth as I sleep, Sooyeon-ah.”

 

“Yah! ByunTaeyeon!” Jessica playfully slapped her wife yet maintaining her Cheshire grin as she leaned forward to whisper into Taeyeon’s ear, sending shivers across the latter’s body, “Oh, I’ll do that and more.”

 

Jessica’s breath had Taeyeon holding her own. For a moment, as she looked into Jessica’s delicate brown orbs, everything felt all right. It was as if even the wrongs were still straightened just so long as she lost herself in her wife’s gaze.

 

With Jessica, everything was going to be all right. Of course, the past would haunt Taeyeon when the spell was broken and she would lay awake to the guilt creeping up her spine, taking hold of her sanity as she laid still, eyes locked on the ceiling as they slumbered in one bed.

 

The papers Taeyeon had gathered from Mr. Jung’s study after every visit to Jessica’s house would find themselves back to her memory. And those nightmarish words printed on the papers would keep her from the physical comforts that Jessica’s love would provide.

 

Everything seemed well on the surface, but both knew that deep inside, they were broken although they were both oblivious to the true culprit of their shattered hearts.

 

Taeyeon laid beside her wife, spooning her bared form beneath the blankets, oblivious to the fact that Jessica was wide awake and stuck in her own thoughts. They both laid in silence, pretending to sleep. Both reminisced the past mistakes that they have committed on one person, one very dear to both of them.

 

+++

 

“Krystal?” Jessica hesitantly approached her yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter