Two.

Just another ordinary life.

Minah exhaled deeply as she slowly walked to her next class. Public Speaking and Presentation. A class with another 36 students, including her new ex-boyfriend, Yixing. She started to regret making decision to take same classes with her boy—no—ex-boyfriend. Most of her classes were signed together with him. Had she never thought about how depressing it would be if they eventually broke up. She was also regretting not to take same classes with Baekhyun except for Social Statistics. She needed her best friend to keep her sane that day.

She walked into the room, with little to no interest for the rest of the day. She made her way to her usual spot, front row, third from the right end –same spot for every class— only to stop halfway. Yixing usually sat next to her, fourth from the right. That was the last thing she needed that time, her ex-boyfriend sitting next to her. She turned and walked to the third from the left end, forcing a smile for her friends, and sat down with all of her stress in her mind. She glanced to her usual spot, only to sigh heavily from that feeling in her heart. The feeling when she knew she won’t be able to look at that spot the same way anymore. She was still locking her eyes to the empty chair when her friends slowly filled the room.

“Minah! That’s my spot!” a boy said, as he poked Minah’s arm.

Minah turned her face to see the short boy, who pouted to her. If it was any other day, she would pinch that chubby cheek and grinned. But no, that was not that day.

“Sorry, Minseok-ah, I forgot to bring my glasses, it would be uncomfortable for me to read from my usual seat. Would you like to swap with me, just for once?” that lie was told smoothly, as smooth as that fake smile was plastered on her face.

“Ah, I can’t force you anyway. But just for once, okay? I hate sitting in front of the professor.” He tilted his head to the right. He patted Minah’s right arm once, and made his move to Minah’s usual seat.

Minah was so relieved that Minseok isn’t the one who mingle into someone else’s business. She looked to the watch on the wall. 11.27. Three minutes until the class started. Three minutes until the torture began. She closed her eyes, propped her chin on her right hand, and things that should’ve disappeared lingered on her mind. Her memories with Yixing. Their first date on the hills that was ruined by an earthquake. Their first kiss under the rain after their college’s choir’s concert when Yixing’s motorcycle decided to stop working. Their first time skipping class for a walk in a park. Still clear in her mind that it was photography class.

Her throwback should have been longer if someone didn’t shouted “Ms. Park is coming” loudly in front of the class and jumped with a loud sound. She opened her eyes, straightened her back, trying to put an I-am-just-like-ordinary-me face. The professor did come, with loud sound made from her black shoes knocking the floor. Her hands were full of books, and her shirt was stained with marker ink. Minah followed Ms. Park’s move until she sat on her desk in front of the class. Her heart sent her signals to glance to Yixing’s direction, but her mind told her otherwise. In the end, she decided to follow her heart, and felt relieved. Yixing wasn’t there. But soon that feeling started to altered into worries, as skipping class wasn’t Yixing’s nature. But who are you to worry him, Minah, her mind snapped her back to reality.

“Okay, that’s all for the task, please remember to bring it next week.” The professor’s high-pitched sound suddenly registered into her mind.

, her mind said. She was too busy worrying about a man who might not care about her anymore to hear her professor’s words about the tasks. And nope, she won’t raise her hand and asked her like an idiot.

“Hyerin, I don’t understand the task from Ms. Park, can I ask you about it later?” the lies were still going on smoothly.

“Sure, Minah, text me whenever you want.” The brunette girl beside her smiled between her whisper, and turned her head to pay attention to the teacher.

 “Nam Minah?”  the women standing in front of class called out.

“Yes, I’m here, Ms. Park!” Minah raised her right hand for a moment.

Ms. Park called out all of her classmates, making sure they all came to her class, putting none of her trust in the fingerprint machine. One by one, students raised their hand, until finally, it reached a name that lingered in Minah’s mind all day long.

“Zhang Yixing!”

No answer.

“Zhang Yixing!”

The silence was still there. Minah glanced to Yixing’s seat, and found nobody sitting there.

“Minah, where is your boyfriend?” a boy asked from her back. Minah turned back to see most of her classmates were eyeing her, hurting her as if they were throwing her X-ray glances.

“I.. don’t know,” eyebrows were lifted here and there--Minah, not knowing where Yixing was? Please. They were together all the time-- “seems like we’re facing different side of the moon now.” She continued, but no one else heard the whisper except herself. She really couldn't wait until the class dismissed, she need her bestfriend ASAP.

It finally did, without Yixing attending the class.


Hi guys! I'm really sorry for the slow update, there's a lot going on this week, and also next week. I've planned the story up to the 4th chapter this morning in the photography class, and I hope I could develope it well. This was unbeta-ed, and I haven't gone through it again so please tell me if there's any grammar mistakes.

Thank you for the comment and subscribes! <3