Four.

Just another ordinary life.

“My call?” Baekhyun raised his left eyebrow and straightened his back. He stared her to find any hint of jokes but he didn’t find any.

“Yeah, you called me to tell me about his scholarship, right?” She leaned her back to the sofa, closed her eyes and crossed her arms. She felt so overwhelmed at once again, but she tried to fight the urge to cry and forced herself to fulfil what her bestfriend demanded. A story.

Baekhyun nodded, still raising his eyebrow and still feeling so confused. He started to grip the hem of his black shirt unconsciously, and pulling it slightly. A habit every time he feels confused.

“You know that we would always tell each other anything, right?” Minah’s question gained another nod from Baekhyun. “Well, he decided to make a big, important thing like his scholarship as his first secret.”

Baekhyun thought that his confusion would be gone after Minah’s answer, but hell, he just got more confused.

“You just knew about the scholarship from me?” He tried to untangle the mess in his mind.

Minah opened her eyes, but didn’t answer his question. She just reached for her blue cup on the table, sipped the hot coffee, and put the cup back down carefully.

“Minah.” Baekhyun turned his body to face Minah, and grabbed her lower arm. He squeezed it a bit,   tried to demand an answer from her. He started to feel guilty and wished he never called her to ask about the scholarship.

“He knew about this since 3 months ago and he didn’t tell me. He didn’t even tell me that he’s applying for this scholarship.” Minah finally opened her eyes and stared into Baekhyun’s eyes. “He thinks this is not important enough to be shared with me. Well, at least I believe that’s what he said when we screamed at each other.” Minah said it as if she was telling a story of her friend, her voice was so steady, yet her lips was trembling hard she even bit her lower lips, fighting the urge to let the tears down.

They screamed at each other, Baekhyun taught as his eyes bulged, they never screamed at each other before. I made them scream at each other.

“No, you didn’t make us scream at each other, Baekhyun. Your part in our break-up was only on calling me. Nothing else.” Minah said it as if she knew what Baekhyun was thinking. She punched his arm lightly, and played with his hair. She was feeling like a crap, yes, but she fully realized that Baekhyun was nothing at fault on this. He had no idea, just like her.

“I told you, I’m tired to be the only one fighting for this relationship, Baekhyun. These months, he never tried to make any effort to support this relationship. He was trying to stay away, to keep a clear distance between us. I can’t even reach him lately. Maybe this is the best for me, for him, for both of us. I might even secretly expect this months ago.” She whispered, but there’s no one else in the room except Baekhyun.

Baekhyun played with the hem of his black shirt for a minute, and whispered back, “Yet you’re hurt enough to cry all day long, Minah. Are you trying to fool yourself, or are you a total idiot?”

She felt cornered by the rhetorical question, but she answered, maybe to herself. “Maybe I am both.”

--

Baekhyun left the house 3 hours later, after putting a thin blanket on Minah who fell asleep on the sofa. She cried again after the question, and Baekhyun knew that she was letting go, and Baekhyun made no effort to stop her from crying. He left the building, hugging himself to block the night wind, kinda wished he wore his thick black jacket that time, and walked through the empty streets. After 6 blocks, he entered another tall building, walked upstairs, and knocked a brown door with a “330” sign on it. He waited for a good 2 minutes, and the door was opened by the man he was expected who was yawning hard.

“Byun Baekhyun, do you realize what time it is now?”

“Shut the hell up, Zhang Yixing. Tell me what are you planning because right now, Chinese boy,  you’re hurting my best friend.”

Yixing was rubbing his right eye when Baekhyun screamed the hell out of him and froze by the end of the sentence. He stared at Baekhyun, blinked a few times, and stepped back.

“Come in, Baekhyun. I never thought I will tell this to you, but no, I have no intention to hurt her, and you might need to know this secret.”

--

Two hours later, Baekhyun came out from the house while trying to untangle his messy mind. He was certainly shocked by the secret Yixing told him, and didn’t know what to do. He felt the urge to tell Minah instantly, but he had promised Yixing that he would only tell her in one condition only, one condition he wished would never happen. He shook his head and the scene appeared in his mind again.

“ your secret, Yixing. What, don’t you love her, Yixing? Don’t you ing love her? Do you think she’s not important?” Baekhyun screamed as Yixing closed the brown door and faced him.

“I love her, I cherish her, and that’s why I don’t want to hurt her this way, Baekhyun. I’ve promised myself.” Yixing answered, tried to do it as calm as possible, but even he himself is shocked how his tone was rising in every single word.

“Well, congratulation, Yixing, congratulation for not fulfilling your promise. Do you know how she is now? She’s hurt, Yixing! She’s freaking hurt but she can’t show it!” There was a loud thump after Baekhyun yelled at Yixing, and there was blood dripping on a broken vase from Baekhyun’s knuckle.

“Don’t you think I’m hurt as well?” Yixing whispered, but his eyes were so intense. His blue hoodied body was rising and falling quickly as anger was overtaking his lunge’s capacity.

“I’m sick, Baekhyun. I won’t even live to attend the New Year party we were talking 3 days ago.” He continued before Baekhyun couldn’t even speak.

“What?” Baekhyun blinked, he couldn’t believe the words coming into his ears, and secretly, he wished he was just misheard the sound from Yixing’s trembling lips.

“I’m dying, Byun Baekhyun. I’m fading away. Why do you think I suddenly work hard to move back to China? Why do you think I suddenly have to cancel most of my dates with Minah? Why do you think I become so insensitive and make her think she’s the only one fighting for this relationship? Why, Byun Baekhyun? You taught I don’t love her, right? Hell your mind, but I love her, Byun Baekhyun. I love her with all I have. I freaking love her. But do you think I have hearts to see me dying? No, Baekhyun. No! Let her see me as a devil, as a coward who suddenly leaves her back to his country, as a bastard who doesn’t understand her feeling than to see her crying over my dying body.” He whispered low, and his body was trembling, beaten up by anger and sadness. His fists had pressed hard into his sides, and he hung his head low.

“No.” Baekhyun had thousand words forming in his head but all was reformed into that only word in their way to his mouth. “No, no. No, Yixing. You’re lying, right? YIXING!”

Baekhyun had his hands on Yixing’s trembling shoulder, and shook him as if trying to gain the blonde’s consciousness. His right hand was swinging hard and hit Yixing’s pale right cheek hard, and back on his shoulder to shake him again. He blinked a few times as his mind couldn’t register the situation happening after him, his head was so dizzy.

“Wake up, Yixing, you’re sleep talking, right?” He was shouting, but the other boy was not reacting.

“ZHANG YIXING!” He slapped the blonde again, harder than before.

“Please, go home, Baekhyun. You’re tired.” Yixing spoke weakly, and brushed Baekhyun’s arm as if nothing happened. He walked soullessly toward his room, leaving the red haired boy freezing on his spot. Baekhyun stared the spot Yixing left.

“And promise me, Baekhyun. Don’t tell Minah anything until I die. Don’t worry, she won’t be mad at you, I’ve prepared a letter for her to be given after my funeral.” Yixing spoke as if he was telling Baekhyun his neighbor gave him a plate full of lasagna for the 6th time that day.

“Are you crazy? She needs to know this!” Baekhyun turned to face him, only to see his friend’s face was wet by tears and sweat. After 6 years knowing him, that was the first time Baekhyun sees Yixing cry.

“Please, Baekhyun, a dying person is begging you.”

“Stop telling me you’re dying!” Baekhyun yelled, and his first tears fell down.

“I’m not telling you, I’m showing you the way I am.” Yixing smiled weakly and turned around to walk toward his room.


Hi guys! Sorry for the super duper late update, I just finished my midterm for this semester and one of the campus events I told you before. I only have to work for easter event now! I tried to update sooner, but hell, I forgot what to do after I opened my netbook. *cough*tumblr*cough*

Anyway, I'm scheduling to update everyweek! And well, this chapter is unbeta-ed. Please kindly tell me any grammatical and typing errors!

And I'm terribly sorry to make Yixing dying in this story. My mind is lame like this :(

And welcome, new subscriber, and thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single of them ;)