Three.

Just another ordinary life.

The bell rang across the building, a cue for all professors to stop giving lectures and for all students to wake up. For Minah, it was a sign that she would meet her best friend soon. She couldn’t stand the stress and pressure anymore, the one she gave herself.

She walked fast, head bowed down and bang covered her eyes. She hugged her books in defense, as if someone would come and hurt her, the broken her. She didn’t even react when some boy or maybe some boys bumped into her, and cursed her to watch her way. She just hopped into the empty elevator, pushed back by twenty random people to the corner, and stayed silence. Her cellphone vibrated in her left pocket.

‘Still need the shoulder? – Bbaek’

She was so thankful Baekhyun was there to be her best friend. She simply replied with ‘yea’, and didn’t even expect him to reply her text to be sure he read it. He would be there for her anytime.

The elevator dinged and the door opened. Everyone rushed to get out, and so was the brown haired girl. She lifted her head just to get rid the sliding sweats, and her eyes met a pair of too familiar brown eyes, filled with hurt and sadness. She froze, and so was the brown eyes’ owner.

“You didn’t come to class.”

“Minah.”

They spoke at the same time, with the same longing and pain wondering in their voices. Soon, both of them regretted speaking as the pain stabbed their heart again, and closed their mouth. They flashed the same fake and forced smile, and continued walking on their own way.

Minah walked so fast she didn’t even realized she reached her apartment building. She didn’t get into her room in the fourth floor; she continued to walk up the stairs until she reached a door, heading to the rooftop. The door was slightly open; signing that someone might have crossed it earlier. She opened the door, and stepped across it.

“Yah, I’ve been waiting for one and half minute! You know I hate being alone, right?”

Someone was sitting next to the door on the floor, one leg straight and one leg bend. Baekhyun. He was playfully glaring at her, and when his rhetorical question met no response at all, he tiled his head, and asked, “What?

“Can I ask for your shoulder you promised me?” That was the only word came out Minah’s mouth.

The boy stared at her, blinked twice, and showed no expression at all. When Minah decided to sit beside him, her eyes followed her movement. Minah stared back at him, but all he could see was pain. He gave him the there-there-come-here-you-poor-puppy look, and patted his left shoulder. She rested her head on the pointed spot, closed her eyes. Baekhyun took her right hand, intertwining his own left hand. He put his head on her head crown, and exhaled. Deep down in his mind, he knew she didn’t need any comforting words. He would wait until Minah is ready to talk. He breathed deep again, and heard a vague sniff. The head on his shoulder started to shake, and that was the moment Minah lost to the overwhelming feeling. Baekhyun lifted his right hand to pat her head, but stopped right before it touched the hair.

They didn’t move at all until the sun felt tired watching them and hide itself under the night sky. Tears were still streaming down Minah’s cheek, and Baekhyun was still blankly stared at the floor in front of him. Suddenly a growl was heard, and Minah lifted her head, looked at Baekhyun with a messy expression.

“What? I’m hungry.” Baekhyun grinned mischievously.

“Oh I’m sorry, it’s my fault.” Minah wiped her tears from her cheeks, and straightened her back.

“Yeah, that’s obviously your fault, so please pay me with two hot ramyun and a cup of hot tea, please. Girl my shoulder is so stiff now.” He joked and slightly nodded with a fake annoyed expression, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Minah lightly hit Baekhyun arms, earning a fake loud ‘ouch, you broke my hand!’ from the boy. Minah smiled, feeling so much lighter after expressing the endured emotion, and thankful Baekhyun didn’t force her to tell everything. He knew her so well, didn’t he?

She got up, dusting her jeans and pulled Baekhyun to the stairs. Baekhyun just smiled, and followed her. Maybe she was finally ready to tell him.

She dragged him to a dark corridor on the 4th floor, and stopped on a wooden door with number 5 craved engraved on it.

“Wow. You didn’t even get into your room first?” Baekhyun threw her a face.

“Shut up. You were whining that I was late for a freaking one and an half minute.” She snorted.

“Wait, we didn’t even set any time to meet!” she turned to face him, playfully smacked his chest, and turned back to the door to open the key pass.

There was a beep sound, and she turned the door knob to open the door. They entered the dark room, only to realize that the door was automatically closed again. Minah squealed, jumped in her spot, surprising Baekhyun and made him screamed ‘Jebal!!!!’ and vibrated in his spot. When he realized this is a normal situation, he stood still; feeling embarrassed, he was sure his face was red then and thankful that the light was off. He started to rub the wall near them, trying to find a light switch.

After 15 seconds, he finally found one, and switched the light on, to spot Minah was squatting, closing her eyes tight, her hands was covering her ears.

“Dammit, Minah, this is your room. This is the billionth time you’re scared over the darkness.” He mocked and walked pass her.

Minah stood up, and cleared . She walked to the kitchen, pretending nothing happened. She opened the top cabinet, drawing a metal pot. She placed it on the stove, and proceeded to cook him the ramyun he requested. Baekhyun was already on the sofa, with the TV remote in his hand. He’s familiar to that place, as familiar to his own place. 10 years of friendship, of course that place has turned into his second place.

Minutes later Minah joined him to watch TV with two bowls in her hands. Baekhyun took the larger one, obviously having the bigger portion. He dig into his food, eating like there was no tomorrow.

“Jesus, Bbaek. Your food is flying everywhere.” Minah knocked his forehead.

He rubbed the red spot and answered with full mouth, “No, it’s flying into my stomach.”

“Oongya oongya oongya. Don’t talk with food in your mouth!”

They continued to eat with some bicker here and there. That was another normal scene for them. In fact, that was their daily routine. They finished at the same time, and put down the clean bowl on the glass table in front of them.

”Okay, the food is down, now, feeling time.”

Minah was quiet hearing Baekhyun’s word.

“Come on, Minnie, I want to help you, but you have to tell me!” He inserted some potato chip into his mouth.

“Well, this was started when you called me two days ago.” Minah whispered, with a sight of pain in her voice.

“What?” Baekhyun threw her a confused look, not understanding a word she said. How could his call break them up? That made no sense at all.


Hi guys! sorry for the reaaaallly slow update! I'm on a busy schedule now, I'm handing two upcoming events in campus.

This chapter.. so lame, huh? I was disappointed by this chapter, but I have no time to remake it. Thank you for the subscribe and the comment, I really appriciate it <3