One.

Just another ordinary life.

That morning felt like another morning. Sunny morning, with a few clouds floating in the air following the wind. The town also ran as usual. People walked in every direction, didn’t really care about their surroundings. Of course, they didn’t care about a brown-haired girl running with a book in her hands and her bag on her shoulder.

The girl ran into a crowded campus full with students dressed like her. Blue shirt with the campus’ logo on the pocket, jeans, and sneakers. Some walked in groups, laughed in their little morning conversation. Some walked alone with headset plugged in their ears, ignoring their surroundings. The brown-haired girl was still running, didn’t really care who did she passed by as she entered the building.

She glanced to the watch on her left wrist, and gasped. 08:55. 5 minutes before the class started and her professor wasn’t the one who tolerates any late students. She started to run to the elevator, but groups of students had been in front of the door. , 3rd floor, the voice in her head said. She ran to the stairs, her breath was already heavy. When she finally reached the destined floor, she glared at her watch again. 09:00. Her heart dropped. Please, don’t start the class yet. She ran to the corridor in her left, and opened the door at the end slowly.

Loud voices of her friends entered her ears. The desk in front of the class was still empty. The professor will be late for 10 minutes was heard from a corner. She sighed, feeling relieved. She walked to her usual seat, front row, third from the right end. She sat, leaned back, closed her eyes, trying to catch her breath.

“Morning run?” a boy’s voice was suddenly heard from her right.

“Shut up.” she snapped, still closing her eyes. Her heartbeat had back to normal, but she felt tired.

The boy chuckled. She opened her eyes to glare at him, which was replied with a hand offering a bottle of water.

“Drink it up.” He grinned like a boy.

Without saying anything, she grabbed the bottle, gulped half of the water down.

“Thanks, Baekhyun.” She returned the bottle to the owner. “What a freaking morning, huh?”

He just smirked and replied, “That wouldn’t happen if you woke up early, sleepyhead.”

She glared at him, only to hear “Why didn’t you skip instead, Minah?”

She sighed, and answered, “I can’t, Baekhyun. You know I had been absent for 3 times for this professor and can’t skip anymore.” Damn the no-more-3-absent-per-class-per-semester rule.

 He only shrugged, and leaned back as the professor finally came into the class.

--

2 hours later, the class was dismissed. She packed her laptop into her bag, and looked to Baekhyun. He was leaning to his seat, sleeping with his lips parted. She chuckled, and wondered how the professor could let him sleep through the class like that. She shook his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He stirred a bit, but didn’t wake up. She shook him again, putting more pressure to his shoulder. He stirred again, but not bothered to open his eyes.

“Hng?” His lips was still parted

“Wake up, Baekhyun. The class is dismissed already.” She shook his shoulder once again.

He finally opened his eyes and closed his mouth. He blinked his eyes for a couple time, trying to gather his consciousness. He straightened his back, and stretched.

“Let’s go to grab some food. Aigoo.. We’re the last to leave.” She just pulled him toward the door, chuckling, ignoring I-already-had-my-breakfast whines from him.

“Who called me a sleepyhead, again?” She teased as they walked on the corridor, only got a knock on the head as the reply.

She laughed, and pulled him toward the cafeteria. Her stomach was growling loudly, thanks to her inability to wake early. The cafeteria wasn’t so crowded, maybe because it’s only 11 A.M. Too late for breakfast, but too early for lunch. Not that she minded, though. She preferred it to be empty. No long queues.

She pulled Baekhyun to an empty table, pushed him down to sit, and silently went to grab some food. Baekhyun just yawned, chin propped in his hands. His eyes started to be heavy when Minah came and put their food on the table loudly. Baekhyun looked up, giving the why-so-loud-gurl stare. Minah jush shrugged, sat on one of the chairs and started to dig in. Baekhyun just sighed, that was just another normal morning to him, and followed her to eat his second breakfast. Wait, scratch that. It was his brunch.

“How was your meeting with Yixing again?”

Minah froze for a moment as the question came up, but continued to eat her kimchi fried rice. She swallowed hard, and stared at Baekhyun.

“We broke up. I can’t stand being the one fighting for the relationship anymore,” she spooned her food, “and he’s leaving for China anyway.”

“He is? I thought he declined the scholarship offer.”

Minah throw a face at Baekhyun,  “Who on this earth would decline a scholarship offer?”

“Well, not Yixing, obviously.” Baekhyun answered as he nodded to Minah’s back.

Minah turned her head to see the one Baekhyun nodded to, and quickly nodded as well before turning back. It was Yixing, giving a too-polite smile toward them. It was understandable, though.  They just broke it off the night before.

Minah tried to show her usual expression to Baekhyun, shrugged her shoulder to give I-am-okay vibe, but she knew Baekhyun didn’t buy it.

“Need a shoulder to cry on?” Baekhyun whispered.

Minah just nodded.

“I’ll meet you after my next class, okay? Our usual spot.” Baekhyun promised as he stood up, the bell rang loudly across the building.


A/N hi guys! I'm back with another story, this has been in my mind for a while. I'm currently trying to rewrite the other story, but I need to get this story out of my system. I planned to develope this story slowly, so bear with me. This chapter has not been beta-ed, so please tell me if there's any grammatical errors. Thank you guys!