Epilogue

Bestfriends or Not?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Because I saw an author that once said, Epilogues are nice.

 

 



 

It's been four months since that night and one month since Jinki and Kibum became a couple. Kibum strongly disagrees to the fact that Jinki would start a relationship with him when Jinki and Jonghyun just broke up. Three-month rule, he says and Jinki complies. They just labeled themselves as more than friends and started going on dates.

 

 

Three months on the routine is when Kibum thought that it's about time to make things official. You couldn't even guess how happy Jinki is that day.

 

 

"Onew." Kibum blurts out of the blue, making Jinki stare at him.

 

"Yah~ you're not cheating on me, right?" Jinki adorably pouted making Kibum laugh.

 

"I'm your Key, right?" He asked and the latter nodded. "Then you're my Onew. I call you Onew. You call me Key."

 

Jinki's face heat up from Kibum's words. "Why Onew?"

 

"Because you're squishy." Kibum lightly pecks Jinki's cheeks and the latter huffs in annoyance.

 

"Why kiss me on the cheeks when you could kiss me here." Jinki points on his lips and Kibum leaned in. But when he was about to kiss Jinki, Taemin and Minho arrived at their table.

 

"Hey! No PDA here." Minho laughed at the maknae's outburst.

 

"Oh come on, Taemin. It's not like you weren't gonna do that any time sooner." Taemin glares at his hyung.

 

Kibum automatically went into his umma mode and stood up. "My baby is seeing someone?!"

 

 

Taemin nervously gulped and tried to ask help from his beloved, Minho hyung. But the tallest guy in the table just blinked innocently and started to eat his lunch. That's when Taemin knew that his last savior is no other than his Jinki appa.

 

 

Jinki pulls Kibum by the waist and calmed the raging umma. "Sshh. Let's hear Taemin's side on this, shall we?"

 

Thankfully, Kibum agreed and sat back down. "Okay. Are you seeing someone?"

 

Taemin looked at his appa and turned to his umma, nodding reluctantly. "Who is it?" Kibum's tone sent chills to Taemin's spine.

 

Jinki rubbed circles on his boyfriend's back to calm him down. "I don't want to tell you right now, umma. But I promise I'll let you meet him when the right time comes."

 

"Make sure about that Taemin or else......" Kibum started, but Jinki cut him.

 

"Let us meet him some time, ne?" Taemin inwardly thanks God for sending him such a wonderful appa.

 

"Of course, Appa and Umma."

 

 



 

They were in the confines of Jinki's room when Kibum suddenly went back to his umma mode, but this time, crying like he was about to wed his only child to someone. It took Jinki approximately 20 minutes to soothe down the hyperventilating diva.

 

 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jinki asked with his usual comforting voice.

 

"It's just that.....what if our baby chose a wrong guy? What if he isn't going to be happy? Or worst, what if he breaks our baby's fragile, little heart?" Kibum sobs while Jinki holds him in his arms.

 

"Taemin is all-grown up now, Key. He's bound to see someone sooner or later. He's a responsible person. And you know making mistakes make us learn new things. You do realized that a mistake brought us together, right? Our mistake to hide what we feel for one another. Let's just wait and see how things are gonna go, hmm?" Jinki smiles and Kibum's heart leap.

 

"How come do you make things better with your words?" Kibum asked.

 

"Because I love you."

 

Kibum lightly hits Jinki. "What a cheeseball."

 

"Your cheeseball."

 

"Oh come here, you...." They both leaned in for a kiss.

 

 



 

"Onew, I'm nervous."

 

"I thought you wanted this, Key."

 

"But it's our son's boyfriend we're meeting right now."

 

 

They were both seated in a café (since Jinki thinks the atmosphere in a coffee shop is better than a restaurant's and absolutely not the one Taemin is working at), waiting for Taemin to turn up with his 'boyfriend'. Taemin called the two of them yesterday, telling them that it's about time to meet his significant someone.

 

 

"Onew~ How much long do we have to wait?" Kibum whines and Jinki peeks at his phone for a message.

 

"Taemin said that they're already near. Let's just wait for a few more, hmm?" Kibum nodded and went to focus his attention on the neglected frappé he ordered not too long ago.

 

"You know, I still love that shop we used to go to. The one in Hongdae." Kibum says with a smile.

 

"How about we go there on our next date?" Jinki suggests.

 

"Okay. And it's MY turn to pay." Kibum says with the emphasis on the MY.

 

"No. You agreed that I get to pay everytime for our dates. I have evidence." Jinki takes out his phone, looking for that one voice record he holds as an evidence.

 

"But I was drunk that time. Onew~"

 

Jinki sticks his tongue out, teasing Key. "But it's still an evidence."

 

"Fine. That's how you play, huh? Let's see who is boss, Lee Jinki."

 

"Ohhh~ I'm so scared~"

 

"You better be. Once I -"

 

"Umma!" Taemin gleefully pranced to JinKibum's table. "Sorry for being late. I kinda lost my phone back in my house and I had to look for it for a good 30 minutes. Thankfully he was there to help me."

 

"Oh, it's okay, baby. Where's your boyfriend?" Kibum looks around the area, finding no one accompanying his baby.

 

"Don't tell me he didn't come."

 

"He's here. He's just outside."

 

"Why the hell is he outside? How are we gonna be meeting him properly if he's freaking outside?" Kibum was beginning to enrage but Jinki was there to calm him down. For always.

 

"Why don't you call him? Tell him we would like to meet him." Jinki says and Taemin nodded.

 

"Oh. Can you two close your eyes for a sec? Until I come back here with him?" The couple closed their eyes and Taemin hurriedly went out of the shop.

 

A couple of seconds later, they heard a familiar ding that means a person/people had entered the shop. Hearing the footsteps of Taemin and an unusually familiar footsteps for Jinki. He knows he had heard this somewhere.

Taemin cleared his throat. "Appa, Umma you can open your eyes now."

 

 

The couple widened their eyes at the revelation of Taemin's boyfriend. Kibum's mouth gaped like a fish and Jinki squints his eyes just to see if he was seeing things clearly.

 

 

"Appa, Umma, I'd like you to meet Jonghyun, my boyfriend." Taemin said with a smile, his hands laced together with Jonghyun's.