Chapter 6

Bestfriends or Not?

 

 

 


 

"I'll pay for this, hyung."

 

"No. I'm the one who invited you today, so it's my treat."

 

"But it's my turn to pay. You paid our food last time."

 

"But that was two months ago, Bummie~"

 

"Fine. I get to treat you Ice Cream, okay?"

 

 

Their endless married couple-like bickering ended and Jinki proceeded to pay for their order. The two has a habit of taking turns in paying foods in every hang-out. But Jinki, for the first time, breaks the habit.

 

 

"You don't have to treat me Ice Cream, you know?" Jinki said as they walked through the familiar streets of Seoul. "It's already cold tonight."

 

Kibum turned to him and chuckled. "It feels good to hang-out like this, don't you think?"

 

Jinki smiles as he keeps on walking around in a starry night in Seoul with Kibum. "Yeah, I do. I missed this."

 

Kibum lightly punched Jinki's shoulders. "But you barely even contact me when you're with Jonghyun."

 

 

And Jinki could only shrug in return.

 

 



 

They continued to walk in a comfortable silence. The cold chill of the wind blowing, making Kibum shiver. He's already feeling a bit cold since they left the restaurant and but wind isn't doing a really great job in cooperating with him.

 

 

"Are you cold?" Jinki asked and Kibum scoffed in return.

 

"Of course, I'm cold. Why didn't I even wore a thicker coat?" Kibum continues to ramble and Jinki laughs. "What's so funny, yeonggam?"

 

"You're too cute." Jinki replied as he pinches Kibum's cheeks.

 

"Ouch! That's painful." He rubbed at the pinched part of his cheeks and playfully glared at Jinki. "You mister aren't doing a great job in making me feel less cold."

 

"You know one way to make you feel less cold?" Kibum stopped walking and looked at Jinki.

 

Jinki took Kibum's hand and intertwined them once again, making Kibum blush. "This." Jinki showed the way their hands laced together and lovingly kissed the back of Kibum's hand.

 

"Yah! What are you doing, hyung?!" Kibum tried to pull his hand away from Jinki's, but the grip of the older man was strong.

 

"Awwww~ Bummie's blushing! But hey, you did feel a less cold, right?" Jinki teased.

 

"Shut up, you pabo!" Kibum said as he continues to walk, dragging a laughing Jinki.

 

 

To Kibum, nothing is more precious than these moments.
 

 

 


 

Their last destination for today was at the place they met earlier. The park bench that holds a lot of memories for the both of them. They arrived at the park 10 minutes later and practically slumped on their bench. 

 

 

Kibum looks up in the sky, taking in the sight of the pretty stars up above. He smiles as he inwardly names the brightest star tonight, Lee Jinki.

 

 

On the other hand, Jinki has his own sight to see. The sight of Kibum adorably smiling and eyes twinkling from the excitement in seeing the stars. For him, this is way better than any sight in the world.

 

 

Kibum cleared his throat and broke the silence. "Can I ask something?" Jinki hummed in reply. "Who called your relationship off?"

 

"Him. But we came on terms that it isn't going the way we expected to."

 

"Can I ask why?"

 

Jinki smiled. "Can I tell you something?" Kibum nodded and nudging Jinki to start.

 

"You see, there's always this guy whom I always talk about with Jonghyun, even on dates. I didn't really know the being beautiful as a guy really existed until I met him. Right now, I could safely say that I loved that guy since a long time ago." Kibum thought that his heart was going to be healed today. But after hearing Jinki's words, the wounds began to open once again.

 

But he gathered his courage and urged Jinki to tell him more. "You know, I had a nickname for this guy. I call him Key. Because he's the Key to my heart. He made my life colorful. But sadly, to him, we're just friends and nothing more." Jinki's tone became sad at the last sentence. And Kibum thinks that person must be really dumb in not noticing Jinki.

 

Jinki smiles once again and continued where he left off. "It's a funny thing actually. Jonghyun thinks that Key and I loved each other. But I know he doesn't. I mean....who would date a guy like me? I'm uncoordinated, clumsy, and lame. Jonghyun is really kind to even date me for a month."

 

"You know you're better than that. He just doesn't see the true you, The one I've been seeing all these years. The cute, funny, and adorable Lee Jinki. " The one that I had come to love. Kibum says as he held Jinki's hands. Key is so lucky.

 

"But how come he doesn't see me the way I see him all these years? For the past 6 years?" Jinki says in a sad tone.

 

 

Kibum was silenced at the other's words. 6 years? Does he know that person? It's been 6 years since him and Jinki met, back in mid school. But never did Jinki once mentioned this to him. He feels betrayed to say the least. His heart was once again wounded and broken.

 

 

"Do I know him?" Kibum silently asked.

 

"Yes."

 

"What's his true name?" Kibum prayed for the worst.

 

"Promise me you won't be angry, hmm?" He nodded and patiently waits for the last thing that could break his heart.

 

 

But the name did the opposite to his ailing heart. Instead of breaking it more, it healed. Completely.

 

 

"Kim Kibum."

 

 

Kibum faced Jinki, shocked of the older's confession. Jinki just smiles shyly, restraining himself to lean in and kiss Kibum senselessly. The feline-eyed boy was speechless. His mind couldn't make up words to say. He's shaking, tears threathening to fall.

 

 

"Yah, Kibum. I'm sorry I felt this way. I know you didn't -"

 

"PABO, LEE JINKI! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO STUPID?! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ALMOST KILLED ME WITH YOUR WORDS. YOU FREAKING CHEESEBALL. KEY TO MY HEART, YOUR FACE. I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL FOR A GUY LIKE YOU." Kibum playfully hit Jinki's chest and the tears he tried to hold fell.

 

Jinki was about to say something when suddenly, raindrops fell. "Kibum! It's raining. We need to look for a shelter or something."

 

He was about to stand up when Kibum held him into place, the rain begins to seep in their clothes. "You stay here. I'm still talking!"

 

"But -" He was cutted off by Kibum. Who kissed him on the lips.

 

 

Their first kiss.

 

 

Kibum pulled away with a smile on his face. And Jinki couldn't help but say the three words. "I love you."

 

Kibum says before he leaned in for another kiss. "I love you too."

 

 

Kibum's crying. But this time it was tears of joy.

 

 

So, the sky is just as happy as him.