Yes, Sir!2 (The "D" Word)

Yes, Sir! 2

The "D" Word


 

I the air that welcomed me the very moment I got off my car. I turn to my driver once more, dismissing him. Once the car sped away, I stood still watching the front doors of Lee Corporation,

I was on leave for two weeks. I was at Japan, to meet one of the biggest buisness partners of LC. I haven't seen him for fourteen days and I don't know if this is right but, yeah, I missed him. A lot. I mean the last time I was with him, we were touching and the scent of him seem to have stuck with me all the time from that morning up to now.

See, when I was at Japan, I realized that we could actually sort things out without really feeling to hold any resentment toward each other. I smiled. That's right.

I snap back to reality, finally taking one last breath, and stared my step towards the entrance. When I looked at the guards, they were already smiling widely. They probably have noticed me before because I could tell they weren't surprised to see me standing in front of them, at all. I offered them the warmest I could give and finally stepped inside the tiled floors of the building.

This is going to be a good day.

I was alone at the elevator and I would admit I was quite nervous. I didn't know why. Because I honestly don't know how to talk to Kikwang since I haven't informed him about that trip. I wonder if he's mad. I blushed, why would I think he'd get mad when i don't even have the slightest clue if he still does care for me?

Good luck to me, then.

Fortunately, I was able to get through the awkward smiles of each employees I passed from their cubicles, and reached my office. 

He isn't here.

I did think it was so unusual but yes, his table was inside my office. It's just that, I was just saving him from the embarrassment. I mean it must be shame to be a secretary when most of in that positions are female. So considering he had tossed this away, I pitied him by saving him from the looks he could have gotten if he was with the other employees. It's not like I could get him his own office, that would be very special treatment.

As I was just setting myself, the door opened and revealed Kikwang. He stared at me, surprised. I was a little bit startled too but I manage to smile at him. However, he just stare at me blankly as he lets himself in, closing the door behind him. When he turned to face me, I noticed that he let out a depressive sigh and looked down and then looked up again. This time I can see him encouraging his self to speak.

I was loving the awkward scene this cute guy was sharing, thinking my husband, for the first time, is having a hard time saying, hi. However..

   "There's a board meeting. And you were just right on time. It's going to start about then minutes, they're expecting you," he stated, half smiling.

My stomach dropped.

I am definitely red. He almost ignored me, pretty much, actually. And that smile, it was more like he was just stretching his mouth into a thin line. I stared at him as he pulls back his chair, sat on it and focuses on the papers on the table.

I blinked.

And then I didn't even realize I was already scurrying off my office. I wonder what was his reaction. i just really don't think I could last another minute so I hurried to the bathroom before I could even shed tears. I walk as coolly as I could, Ignoring the curious gazes of the people I pass by and headed calmly to that door I was aiming. As I reach the bathroom, I search for an empty stall and locked myself in there. There was nobody inside but me. However I feel like any minute someone's going to appear and look mockingly at me.

I sat on the toilet bowl by its lid, a little lost when the first sob came out. And then another, until I decide to let it all out.

I let myself cry, silently and it was hard because it had my head almost pounding and my throat soring. I was afraid somebody was going to hear me.

I was just so hurt. I mean, I never expected that coming. I was all bubbly and optimistic about me and him starting to build bridges again but his actions turned it all down before it could even get started. I sobbed.

   "Yoseob," I straighten up. It was deep, and I so knew who it was.

I was going to ignore and pretend I wasn't there but a hiccup ruined that. I covered my mouth, trying to convince myself that it would make it up, although I was aware it's too late.

   "Baby, please.."

And that was enough for me to wash it all out, this time not keeping my voice low. Heck, I was probably wailing loudly. 

   "Open it, princess."

I can feel him leaning on the door by his forehead, his left arm resting just above his head. I was amazed by how I was able to come up with that just by watching the shifting of his feet on the tiled floor. He was winning over me. He just really know what words to use. I opened it, half hesitant.

I was looking down. I stopped crying but I was hiccuping for every after four seconds.  

It didn't take a while tho, until I felt hands wrapped around me securely, his nose pressing against my left shoulder and his warm breath hitting my bare skin under my neck. For I second, i thought, this was supposed to be my position but his arms on my waist makes it more harder to think of the rights I have.

I rested my head on the top of his, and also wrapped my hands all over him. I heard him chuckle and I blushed conciously. That was because I couldn't totally hug him because my arms are finding it hard to reach each other due to our position.

I was always aware of his advantages, tho. He was so much bigger than I am, muscular and taller that sometimes he has to lift me up so he could kiss me properly.

All of a sudden, I remembered the reason why we were hugging and realized i should be letting go of him now. So pushed him lightly. We just stared at each other and then he flashes me a bright smile.

   "I'm sorry," he mutters.

I'm more the open book among the two of us, actually. But just by those two words, I knew exactly what he was trying to say.

He was sorry that he had acted like a seven year old kid who has been left by his parents for God knows why and wasn't even sure when- or are they even coming back. I chuckled at my own conclusion.

   "No, I'm sorry," my voice was low and a bit cracked. I blushed when he snorted.We remained quiet after that, wrapped on each others embrace.

It's fascinating really, how those three words could still melt me when I was supposed to be so damn used to it. But that's the truth, it still does the same brand new feeling.

   "I love you," he whispers as he lean closer to push away the stray strands of my hair.


 

Everybody laughed at Baekhyun's joke. It really amazes me how my brother could make everybody throwing their heads back without really making so much effort. The kid's got a good humor.

We've gathered, yes. Family dinner. It's just so sad that Sehun and Luhan aren't present. They were at Canada for their so-called vacation. Hyoyeon and Joon, too. They're at Hongkong, brought the twins for a disney land treat. I wonder what joon's reaction was, when he learned his brother Kikwang has returned. Had he punched him? Yes, that's for sure. Well, they sure have settled things between the two of them. I mean of all people Joon would be the only one to understand him more than anybody because they grew up together. Joon still is a mystery to me. I mean I never even knew before Kikwang has a brother. Oh well.

Anyway, they're not traveling the world, as the two couples last reminded me, but that's pretty much they're doing, actually. Funny people. However, Hyosung, she was here just a couple of minutes ago before his not-so-boyfriend got her all panicky saying his teeth ached.

Really funny people.

From very lovely Joonmyun and Baekhyun, I turn to look at the living room. We were just halfway in our foods when Kikwang asked my dad if he could have some private time with him when we're all done. But Dad, not being so happy at Kikwang's presence, which was obvious(and awkward), stood up and said if it's that important they should talk about it now. Kikwang was a little surprised, I could say that, but nodded anyway. he smiled at me, squeezed my hand gently before finally exiting the kitchen.

from this angle, I can see only Kikwang since he was facing the doorframe of the Kitchen. I mentally slapped myself for even suggesting the kitchen table over the one that's in the corner of the living room. I could have had full access. Well, it's not like they're going to allow me hear them, anyway.

I look down to my plate and finishes my food, barely hearing the exchanging of sweet lines of the two across me. Dad and Kikwang were talking for an hour now. Infact the three of us are growing bored already, or was it just me? Beacuse the two love birds seem to not mind.

Even though I couldn't hear them, I manage to catch Kikwang's mouth saying it. It was clear that I had read it just by the movement of his mouth. That was half an hour ago.

The footseps snap me back to reality and I turn to see who it was. It was Kikwang.

   "We have something important to discuss, we're going out," he smiled at me, at the three of us and kisses me goodbye. "We'll be back."

I nodded and turned to my Dad who gave me a reassuring smile.

Then the two of them left.

   "Um, Yoseob, can you excuse us-" Joonmyun started but i cut him off, "Why?"

And by that question, I caught Baekhyun blushed. I stared at Joonmyun who was rubbing the back of his neck. I smirked.

Gotcha.

   "Go away," I teased and they were a little bit surprised but when Joonmyun recovered, he grins and takes Baekhyun by the waist.

Wow, Baekhyun has not spoken a word. Interesting.

When they were out of sight, I return to my debate. Where should I react? To the fact that they were talking about her, or the the fact that Kikwang was talking about her? And why would he be talking about her? About Cassandra?

I ignored the thought and decided to eat Kikwang's unfinished food, trying to convince myself that I was probably just tired that I entertained the thought of catching Kikwang's mouth saying Cassandra's name and the word 'Divorce'.


[Not proof-read]Sorry guys, for the sudden time jump. Am I too fast now? Anyway please let me know what you think about the chapter. I love you and Happy New year.