Obedient

As White as Milk [Semi-Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everything is just going by my plan.

 

NINE

 

It was an early Sunday morning, when the constant vibration of her phone woke her up. She stirred in her sleep, unpleased by the irritating movement of her device. She ignored it for a while hoping that the one who was calling would get the message and stop calling her.

Few moments passed and the phone started vibrating once again, it seemed that the caller was persistent. Groaning in agony, she blindly reached for her phone that was placed in her nightstand, it took her some moments before she could take a hold of it; still with closed eyes, she answered the call and pressed the phone in her ear while trying to stifle a yawn.

“Good morning, donsaeng” Youngjae’s voice ranged loudly through her ear and she just hummed still unable to utter words that would make sense.

“Are you still sleeping?” the boy asked surprised and fortunately for her he couldn’t witness her roll of the eyes, or else he would have labeled that as an impolite gesture and would have given her a long lecture about it, she hummed again.

“It’s nine in the morning, get your lazy- off the bed and do something useful, how could you live with yourself knowing that you are wasting such golden time?”

At times like that, the girl could only face palm at her friend’s behavior; he wanted to live his life to the fullest and to do everything as perfect as it could be; she wasn’t complaining, it was a good thing to do. But that was his life style and she believed that he shouldn’t impose it on her, and to be frank it was still so early for her.

“Look Youngjae, I just wanna sleep, can’t you leave me alone?” she annoyingly muttered, not caring that the boy she was addressing was older than her and she was supposed to respect him.

“Okay I am sorry, I know how annoyed you could get when woken up early in week-ends, but I was planning on taking Zelo to my company today, I told you two days ago but you were in a hurry you didn’t even let me finish my sentence” Youngjae reminded and the girl racked her brain for a while before she remembered that he had in fact briefly mentioned it.

“But why would you want to take him to your company?”

“Well you see, these past days I felt like I am the least close to Zelo and I never actually took him out, and to be frank I am a boring person so taking him to somewhere fun will be no use since I can’t even enjoy my time like other people, plus Daehyun is the one who’s supposed to take him to such places, so I decided to take him to the company, give him a tour around it and stuff”

“I don’t really mind if he’s okay with it, it would be better than staying home plus I wouldn’t worry about him when he’s with you” she said, lowering her voice at the last part, but it didn’t go unnoticed by Youngjae, and he actually caught on what she was referring to..

She always worries when Zelo is with Daehyun.

“Thank you, so why don’t you go check up on Zelo and tell him about the plan, and don’t forget to call me and inform me about your decision” with that the boy bid his friend good-bye before hanging up.

Putting the device back to its place, the girl clumsily stood from her bed while rubbing her eyes. And going downstairs she found both Zelo and her puppy soundlessly sleeping; normally Zelo would be awake at such at time but it seems that he became restless after the performance and the exhausting practice he went through.

She shook the boy’s lean body lightly, while quietly muttering his name, and since he was a light sleeper it didn’t take long before he was kicking the blanket away while sitting up with closed eyes. After opening them and trying to adjust to the light he glanced confusedly at the girl with dazed eyes.

“Zelo-ah, Youngjae just called and he want to take you with him to his company, it seems like he want to show you around it, maybe you will find it interesting, but if you are tired then he can take you some other time” the girl informed, wearing the worried look the kid was so familiar with.

“Noona, stop worrying about Zelo, he’s a big boy, and he thinks it would be great going with Youngjae Hyung” Zelo exclaimed, an excited glint in his eyes.

“Okay, I will stop worrying about you, so now I’ll just go tell Youngjae to come here, while you go wash up by yourself like the big boy you are” She stood up, patting the boy’s head; who looked very delighted at the fact that she and for once stopped babying him around a lot, and trusted him to do something by himself.

Half an hour and Zelo was already ready, wearing casual clothes he proudly chose for himself, a honk was heard outside and that was the kid’s sign to go out to Youngjae

Zelo dashed to the door, almost tripping since he was trying to adjust his shoe while running, the girl scolded him but couldn’t hide the amused smile at the boy’s excited behavior. Sending him off, the boy entered the rich young man’s car.

The kid couldn’t take his eyes off the car, the outside was dashing and the inside was amazing; that was what Zelo thought. Even when he didn’t know much about cars, but compared to Daehyun’s old, small car, the one he was in now was way cooler and more stunning; it was obviously new, and looked like the awesome cars he always saw on TV.

After succeeding in switching his gaze to the adult beside him, he was surprised by the man’s outfit, it looked very expensive yet very uncomfortable, and had a thing around the neck that made Zelo question if his hyung was actually able to breathe through it.

“Hyung, what are you wearing?” Zelo tilted his head cutely at the boy in the driving seat “It’s a suit Zelo, men wear it in formal or important occasions” Youngjae explained but it didn’t feed the kid’s curiosity to the fullest.

“Why did Zelo never see you wearing it? Not any of the other hyungs? Aren’t you supposed to wear it when you study since it’s important? And How could Hyung breathe through that thing hanging around his neck?” the taller boy bombarded the shorter one with questions, and the latter was more than glad to answer them

“School doesn’t require students to wear it, plus it’s inconvenient to study with it, it’s mostly worn by business man or high grade ones-“

“This is so hard for Zelo..” the kid muttered under his breath cutting his hyung mid-sentence.

Youngjae frowned at the boy’s attitude, deciding on teaching the kid basic manners he needed for the time being.

“Zelo-ah, do you know what talking in first person means?” Youngjae glanced at the clueless kid by his side who just shook his head.

“It’s when you talk about yourself or something you did, in such cases you use I and me instead of Zelo,  so you would sound more mature, do you understand?”

“Me understand” Zelo replied proudly while Youngjae face palmed mentally “but hyung me don’t understand what mature means” Zelo added giving Youngjae an innocent look which made the elder boy unable of getting upset at the younger one.

And with that, the whole ride Youngjae tried his best to teach Zelo new things and he was surprised at how cooperative the later was. Soon they reached a big gate that opened automatically, inside was a huge building, a pretty entering with a big fountain, guards scattered everywhere, and black expensive cars parked, Youngjae stopped the car in front of the entry before descending from it followed by a speechless and fascinated Ze

Please log in to read the full chapter