Naïve

As White as Milk [Semi-Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I am selfless yet very selfish.

 

FOUR 

 

Days passed and things soon fell into routine, everyone was satisfied with the presence of Zelo between them with the exception of Daehyun who was very annoyed as he lost the full attention of his best friend and more irritated that the kid was the cause of it.

And that’s how Saturday morning, Daehyun decided that it’s a good opportunity to go out with his best friend enjoying some times together. Excited with his idea, he hurriedly sent her a message then laid in his couch while drinking his coffee and watching the T.V. But every now and then, he would glance at his phone waiting for her reply even when he knew she would be asleep at 9 in the morning and would probably wake up after half an hour or so.

 

              M                                                  I                                                      L                                                 K                  

 

Hearing muffled noises coming from the living room; she opened her eyes and tried to adjust to the blinding light of the sun. Rubbing her eyes cutely she pushed her blanket off her body then glanced at her bedside clock that displayed 9:24. Taking hold of her phone that she put beside her clock yesterday’s night, she grimaced at the light that came from the device then unlocked her phone screen after noticing the unread message she got .

(9:03 Saturday) from –Daehyun Oppa <3-:

Good morning bestie, I hope you slept well. Well for me I haven’t been sleeping well these days cause I missed you a lot. So I was wondering if you are free today so we can go out together, you know hang out like the old days, just you and me, the two of us enjoying our time.

So what do you say? Either way you know I won’t take no as a reply, I am just asking you out of politeness! I know you would be asleep at such a time, so I will be waiting for your reply.

After reading the message she pouted guiltily after realizing that she really hasn’t been talking a lot with her favorite Oppa lately. With that she started typing a reply to Daehyun but stopped abruptly when she heard sounds coming from the living room, making her way there she was met with the sight of her dog Zelo’s and barking happily while the kid’s face was red from all the giggling. Staring at them she remembered that the nanny doesn’t come on the weekend and that she can’t really go without him with Daehyun.

Looking at her phone again, she read Daehyun’s text message again, thinking of the possibility of Daehyun agreeing for Zelo to tag along, but then she stopped at one sentence “just you and me, the two of us enjoying our time”, she kept reading this sentence, and every time she read it she notices more how Daehyun made it very clear for her that he wants them to go together with no Zelo, no friends, no pressure, just the two of them, and as he said “like the old days”, she smiled bitterly at the memories; when she had no one but Daehyun, she didn’t know Youngjae nor his girlfriend yet, Yixing would be always busy, and the only one who would stick with her and keep her company was none other than Daehyun.

With that thought she typed a message to him, knowing that whatever happens, her Oppa will always care about her and eventually he will care about the people she loves and cares about.

(9:28 Saturday) to –Daehyun Oppa <3-:

Oppa, maybe you forgot but Zelo has no one to stay with, and as much as I want to go out with you just like we used to, I believe you need to let Zelo tag along with us, find some space in your heart for this poor kid, I wanted to ask someone to watch over him, but I have been a real burden lately to all people around me, and I would be more comfortable if I burden you, not other people.

Putting her phone aside, she went to the bathroom to wash up, after finishing, she made Zelo wash his face after he got by JooYeol. Making her bed and organizing the living room that was in a big mess because of her pet and the boy, she went to the kitchen to make breakfast. She ate with Zelo who would as always tell her all about his days without her, and the dances he had been practicing with Jongup and she concluded that the dancer was a very nice and pure guy and she was happy for trusting him with Zelo. Finishing their breakfast, Zelo went skipping into the living room to watch the morning cartoon as she did the dishes.

After finishing everything, she checked her phone and as expected she found an unread message

(9:33 Saturday) from –Daehyun Oppa <3 -:

Oh, I see, well it’s okay, as long as I can see you I don’t mind, and you are always welcome to burden this selfish boy who couldn’t even like a sick harmless boy like Zelo, but don’t say I am not trying, anyway, get ready cause I will be there at 10:30, and don’t be late, okay?

She checked the time and gasped when she noticed that it was already 9:55, time sure flied. Texting Daehyun back with a short “Okay Oppa, thank you”, she made Zelo wear White casual clothes to wherever Daehyun is planning to take them, and she on the other side wore jeans and a simple t-shirt, she was always like this, simple in everything she did.

After getting ready she took her wallet and phone then held Zelo’s hand and went out from her house. Closing the door behind her, she started heading to where Daehyun always parked, on the street Zelo was bouncing up and down, excited by the fact that his Noona is taking him out, it’s was the first time they are properly going out together after the hospital incident. She smiled at the cute boy beside her who was skipping his way towards Daehyun’s car, then opened the door for both of them.

Daehyun turned towards Zelo and nodded his way, she looked at him weirdly but was satisfied that he at least acknowledge his existence. Greeting her Oppa, who he smiled charmingly her way, and started making his way to god knows where. Putting the radio on some kids’ channel Zelo started singing along while making some dancing moves that looked too awkward in the back seats of a car, and he would giggle whenever he forgot the lyrics, Daehyun commented that the boy was very hyper today and unexpectedly Zelo replied with his happy tune that “Zelo is excited to go out with Hyung and Noona”, Daehyun looked puzzled as the boy continued singing.

Returning his gaze to the road, Daehyun tried to understand why would Zelo be happy about going out with Daehyun, he always thought that the kid would obviously hate him as he didn’t treated him as good as everyone else, but maybe the kid was so naïve to notice.

“Where are we going?” she asked him interrupting his chain of thoughts, he glanced at her and found her staring at him with her big brown eyes, he chuckled at her curiosity, “you will know soon” he mumbled.

Giving up on asking her Oppa, she started singing with Zelo who beamed at her, “he is so cute, don’t you think Oppa?” she fangirled at the boy while Daehyun just nodded; a frown visible in his handsome face.

Parking the car in the mall’s parking lot, the three made their ways out of the car. Following Daehyun’s lead, Zelo kept staring at his surroundings amazed at the different shops, all the people walking around, and he would drool a little each time the smell of food reached his nose.

Feeling a hand holding his tightly, he diverted his gaze to the girl walking by his side, “don’t wonder around, you may get lost” she warned him and continued walking behind Daehyun.

Reaching wherever Daehyun wanted to go, he halted his steps as he looked at the his best friend and Zelo, “the cinema?” she asked him, her right eyebrow lifted, “well as I said, just like the old days” he replied with a sweet smile, buying the tickets and some snacks for the three of them. They made their way to the theatre, Daehyun sat in the edge of the second raw while the girl sat beside him and Zelo by her side.

Zelo started eating his popcorn making a lot of annoying noises in Daehyun’s opinion and soon the movie started, and Daehyun was happy with his choice, he chose one of those movies about crimes and detectives, just the kind he and his best friend liked.

The first scene of the movie was crime scene, where a young woman’s body was hanging by a rope into the ceiling swaying a little, her face barely shown from the dim light coming from the cracked window, while the room looked dim and suffocating.

Seeing the horrible scene that displayed in front of his eyes Zelo let out an ear bleeding shrill with pure horror, his teary bloodshot eyes unblinking as his gaze didn’t leave the corpse of the woman. He soon started shivering and a very painful headache made him whimper, he felt a warm hand taking his, dragging him away from the awful sight.

The kid’s cries silenced a bit by the comfortable feeling of the warm hand against his, he blindly followed the person dragging him, and soon he was sitting on a bench, after a while Zelo felt another presence beside him, a girl peered at him and he recognized her as his Noona. Taking the shivering boy in her arms, she started soothing him and he calmed a little, noticing his face full with tears, she wiped his cheeks then made him sit back while she bought a bottle of water from the vending machine beside them.

After giving the kid water to drink she turned to Daehyun who was staring at the boy with a mixture of pity and anger, “why?” she asked him and he looked at her with curious eyes not grasping the meaning behind her question.

“Why are you doing this to him?” she supposed her question was clear this time, but the puzzled look on his face told her the opposite “You think I did it on purpose? Well sorry but I didn’t know he would turn..” Daehyun glanced at the boy then continued hesitantly “like this just by a sight of an unreal dead person, I think a seven years old boy won’t react the same”

She was beyond angry, she was flaming “The thing you don’t understand Daehyun, or more like you aren’t trying to is that Zelo is not a normal sixteen years old boy, nor is he a normal seven years old boy, he is a sick seven years old boy stuck in the body of a sixteen years old teenager and has a probably tragic past that none of us know about, so obviously you don’t expect from him to act like anyone” she throw him a final disappointed look before sitting beside Zelo holding him in

Please log in to read the full chapter